Legonaut

[GOC] the new Fortress of Port Woodhouse

32881294367_d4995806f1.jpg

After Edwards Arrival in Port Woodhouse, he got orders from the high command...

With his Infantry and a lot of workers he finished a long planned Fortress on the tear shaped island southern of Port Woodhouse. After nearly three Months it was finished (actual building time). When the high command received the letter that it was finished, Brigadier Howe himself visited Edward in the new fortress. He was pretty amazed that it was finished before the summer.

32883141437_2a2a08a76f.jpg

32883238437_3459bb1648.jpg

To be licensed as large Fort (?)

Hopefully you like this, in the End it was a bit annoying but I´m happy with the result :)

Greetings Legonaut/Timo

Nice one! Great beach, foliage and wall! NPU on the lbg ingot you used at the wall! As I wrote at Flickr as well, the cannons doesn't look intimidating enough, (We Oleanders have waaaaay bigger cannons -> :cannon: :tongue: :tongue: :drunk:

48 minutes ago, blackdeathgr said:

Nice one! Great beach, foliage and wall! NPU on the lbg ingot you used at the wall! As I wrote at Flickr as well, the cannons doesn't look intimidating enough, (We Oleanders have waaaaay bigger cannons -> :cannon: :tongue: :tongue: :drunk:

Thank you, Well you have bigger cannons but we have bigger Forts :pir_laugh2:

Great rendition of a star fort, Legonaut! The pointy bastion is excellent, and you have merged very well with the terrain, which I always find a challenge when working with angles! As Spud says, the weeds look very nice too. One thing I would reconsider is your guns - the narrowest part of the barrel becomes too narrow I think. I'd also like to see a bigger picture of the whole thing and some more details - right now the overall picture is quite small. But overall an excellent build! I think Howe may soon see Edward receive new orders!

37 minutes ago, Spud The Viking said:

Really nice fort! The walls are well done, and I like the sea weed washed onto the shore. It all looks so realistic :thumbup:

Thank you for the nice words :classic:

35 minutes ago, Bregir said:

Great rendition of a star fort, Legonaut! The pointy bastion is excellent, and you have merged very well with the terrain, which I always find a challenge when working with angles! As Spud says, the weeds look very nice too. One thing I would reconsider is your guns - the narrowest part of the barrel becomes too narrow I think. I'd also like to see a bigger picture of the whole thing and some more details - right now the overall picture is quite small. But overall an excellent build! I think Howe may soon see Edward receive new orders!

Also thank you for the praise, I understand your point with the cannons, probably I redo them. Originally there were some Soldiers that carried a Boat over the Beach, but it looked a Bit Strange.

You can Just click on the Photo and Zoom in on Flickr ;)

Looking Forward for new Orders, but I have to say that I'm building Something for GoH and some Apocalyptic Stuff right now...

2 hours ago, blackdeathgr said:

the cannons doesn't look intimidating enough

Don't be mean to the poor Corries and their pop guns!

Edited by Ross Fisher

Very nice build, so much to like. The fort itself seems to be impregnable, but I have to disagree with what was said about the guns, they fit well to a Corrie fort.:tongue:

Excellent job with the angled bastion! And the weeds and details of the beach are well done. :thumbup:

As someone else noted, more pictures please! :pir-grin:

On 5/16/2019 at 2:20 PM, Bodi said:

Very nice build, so much to like. The fort itself seems to be impregnable, but I have to disagree with what was said about the guns, they fit well to a Corrie fort.:tongue:

Thank you, Well I guess the next time I build Something with cannons I'll build Artillery ;)

On 5/16/2019 at 6:48 PM, Capt Wolf said:

Excellent job with the angled bastion! And the weeds and details of the beach are well done. :thumbup:

As someone else noted, more pictures please! :pir-grin:

Nice that you Like it! 

Maybe I Post some Pictures in the next couple days.

On 5/16/2019 at 10:02 PM, Captain Braunsfeld said:

I like this very much. In fact, I want to build something similar!  :pir-grin:

Cool, I'm looking Forward for your Building!

Fantastic looking fort Legonaut and a great addition to Port Woodhouse. This is exactly the scale of grand fortifications I had in mind for the settlement. I like how you only made a section of the fort - I think it allows you to capture the fort at the right scale without the project being too large. The surf on the beach is very nicely done; especially the debris at the high tide mark. The angles of the star fortifications are perfect. Great job all round! :thumbup:

Just now, Ayrlego said:

Fantastic looking fort Legonaut and a great addition to Port Woodhouse. This is exactly the scale of grand fortifications I had in mind for the settlement. I like how you only made a section of the fort - I think it allows you to capture the fort at the right scale without the project being too large. The surf on the beach is very nicely done; especially the debris at the high tide mark. The angles of the star fortifications are perfect. Great job all round! :thumbup:

Thanks a Lot Man, it means a Lot to ne that you Like it! I think I'll build Pirates again soon.That building Period was in the end disgusting but I'm Glad of all the good response. Thanks a Lot

Timo/Legonaut

Very nice fort, and smallish guns. :grin: But I do appreciate the fact that you tapered the barrels -- I find that too many brick-built cannons display unusual characteristics, like breeches equal to or even less than the diameter of the muzzle, which is all backwards.

Definitely a :thumbup: for the GOC aspect from me. Keep it up.

A great build !

Your guns are realistic enough even if they seem a bit small (no need to be big to deal damages by the way...) and the design of the fort is quite accurate making it a portion of a big star fort.

Just a question : Could you give us more pictures of this beautiful build please ?

The only picture showing the all MOC is good but taken from a bit far and we cannot see really how excellent the build is and that is a shame for such a beautiful MOC !

@Legonaut

Your fantastic build is being considered for a frontpage, but the pictures aren't too suitable. Could you possibly look at the feedback below? :)

On 7/5/2019 at 1:30 PM, Mister Phes said:

We're also eyeing Legonaut's Fortress of Port Woodhouse however we don't feel there is a suitable image of the fortress at this stage.

And that's one of the most crucial aspect sof selecting MOCs for the frontpage - they must be well presented in reasonable quality photos.

So the problem with the fortress is the way it's been framed... too much foreground while main structure sits in the back-right corner.

If there was a photo with the fortress front and centre we could probably work with that.

Unfortunately I already sorted it Out ( normally for me this Takes months:grin:) and I don't have other Pictures of it. The Problem ist that there isn't really a Front Side because it's an exact quarter.

But... 

I think my next Moc will propably Suit better for the Front Page!

Edited by Legonaut

19 hours ago, Legonaut said:

looking forward to this!

Great build Legonaut! The way you depicted the water and the beach is very detailed, and the fortress structure is at the same time original and historically accurate. I'm looking forward to your next builds!

On 7/13/2019 at 10:39 PM, Legonaut said:

Unfortunately I already sorted it Out ( normally for me this Takes months:grin:) and I don't have other Pictures of it. The Problem ist that there isn't really a Front Side because it's an exact quarter.

But... 

OK ! no problem !

I can't wait to see your next build then... :moar: