Sign in to follow this  
adwind

[MOC]: Lifeguard's Shack

Hi everyone! Dedicated to all those who's looking forward to meet summer! :)

I'm not that great in MOCing, but I'm really happy how this thing turned out and I'll be more than happy to hear your thoughts and suggestions on this little build. (it's 540 pieces).

If you like how Lifeguard's Shack looks you may also find it on Lego Ideas website :)

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/93574c09-16cd-4076-98c1-996224fa7e9c

46938938605_40f980a32e_o_d.jpg

47803057732_25672c92d5_o_d.jpg

46938938255_83f409c38c_o_d.jpg

47803057612_7ddf2b84b0_o_d.jpg

47803057482_62fa0bc340_o_d.jpg

47803057812_da75f8de41_o_d.jpg

46938938415_f2c20f04c9_o_d.jpg

47803057652_90b21164dc_o_d.jpg

32911098277_0697c23bb1_o_d.jpg

32911098197_a3130ce831_o_d.jpg

46938938035_060763837d_o_d.jpg

Nice, great colors too.

Only a bit 'dangerous' all those stuff in front of the stairs :wink:
First thing I thought .. where are those nice girls from the serie ... but then there she is :classic:  

4 hours ago, neonic said:

Nice, great colors too.

Only a bit 'dangerous' all those stuff in front of the stairs :wink:
First thing I thought .. where are those nice girls from the serie ... but then there she is :classic:  

Ha-ha you're right, they should be careful when running down :)

6 hours ago, adwind said:

I'm not that great in MOCing...

You're not great, you're immense in MOCing! :sweet:

This structure is perfectly done and the use of soft colours is amazing ...great attention to the details and beautiful sequence of pictures! :thumbup:

41 minutes ago, LEGO Train 12 Volts said:

You're not great, you're immense in MOCing! :sweet:

This structure is perfectly done and the use of soft colours is amazing ...great attention to the details and beautiful sequence of pictures! :thumbup:

Wow, it's a real pleasure to read this! :) I'm really happy you like it!

3 hours ago, AllanSmith said:

I really like how you have done the stairs. Never seen that idea before. :thumbup:

I have: https://www.flickr.com/photos/er0l/43929027925 :wink: Pretty sure I didn't invent it either though. However, it's a very minifig-friendly kind of staircase that can be actually used by them. 

Regarding the build I really like it, shaping and colour design are very nice. The 1x1 modified bricks with adjacents studs are put to a good use here. The door doesn't match the minifig scale in my opinion (as it hardly ever does) - I tried the same on my model but ended up with a brickbuilt one. 

In any case this would make a great set in my opinion, I'd definitely buy it. However I think it will need a lot of promotion to get the 10.000 votes done. Maybe chances would be better with a matching vehicle next to it, but that's just a guess. Good luck! :thumbup:

7 hours ago, AllanSmith said:

I really like how you have done the stairs. Never seen that idea before. :thumbup:

Thank you! :)

2 hours ago, ER0L said:

I have: https://www.flickr.com/photos/er0l/43929027925 :wink: Pretty sure I didn't invent it either though. However, it's a very minifig-friendly kind of staircase that can be actually used by them. 

Regarding the build I really like it, shaping and colour design are very nice. The 1x1 modified bricks with adjacents studs are put to a good use here. The door doesn't match the minifig scale in my opinion (as it hardly ever does) - I tried the same on my model but ended up with a brickbuilt one. 

In any case this would make a great set in my opinion, I'd definitely buy it. However I think it will need a lot of promotion to get the 10.000 votes done. Maybe chances would be better with a matching vehicle next to it, but that's just a guess. Good luck! :thumbup:

Thank you for your thoughts! Non IP projects really needs a lot of promotion to get to 10k - it's true. 

Your buickbuilt door does look great! Stripes on walls is a great touch too. But the truck steals the show! I actually was thinking about quad bike, but ended up with a simple water bike. Really wanted to keep it simple with minimum piece count. Maybe I should add a quad bike later with updates... still thinking :)

23 hours ago, adwind said:

Wow, it's a real pleasure to read this! :) I'm really happy you like it!

I also like the irregularity of the baseplate that reproduces the sand... Very well done! :thumbup:

16 hours ago, LEGO Train 12 Volts said:

I also like the irregularity of the baseplate that reproduces the sand... Very well done! :thumbup:

Thank you! Yeah, just a square baseplate seemed too boring to me :)

Utterly charming! I've never seen one of these in real life, only ever on TV and so on, but this model captures the look of a lifeguard hut wonderfully. I like the choice of duck egg blue, too, which of course you had the freedom to choose because it's a digital model.

Great work, thanks for sharing!

16 hours ago, jimmynick said:

Utterly charming! I've never seen one of these in real life, only ever on TV and so on, but this model captures the look of a lifeguard hut wonderfully. I like the choice of duck egg blue, too, which of course you had the freedom to choose because it's a digital model.

Great work, thanks for sharing!

I'm glad you like it! :)

And then 2 years after - boom! :) Ha-ha, but who counts, right? Just wanted to share with you my happiness - this thing has hit 10k this past weakened!

Well congratulations @adwind on reaching 10k again!  I supported this quite a while back now, I think at about the 2k mark, or possibly before (to tell the truth I can't really remember, except it was early on!).....

A well deserved place in the next review, though heavens only knows how many projects will hit 10k this time around.  Best of luck in the review (though I'm aware this is a very long way off) - I'd definitely pick this one up if I had the option!

Edited by Vilhelm22

3 minutes ago, Vilhelm22 said:

Well congratulations @adwind on reaching 10k again!  I supported this quite a while back now, I think at about the 2k mark, or possibly before (to tell the truth I can't really remember, except it was early on!).....

A well deserved place in the next review, though heavens only knows how many projects will hit 10k this time around.  Best of luck in the review (though I'm aware this is a very long way off) - I'd definitely pick this one up if I had the option!

Thank you mate! Yeah, honestly, anything that is below 50 projects in one review would look like a luck nowadays :) Only time will show, I'm not holding my breath (however I really want it to happen again), just waiting patiently! 

Wow, I love this, you've used so many interesting techniques! This kind of gives me Baywatch vibes...