47038887744_752321d0d7_b.jpgNissan GT-R Godzilla gold edition- follow @loxlego by lachlan cameron, on Flickr

The R35 Nissan GT-R is Nissan’s finest hour, and almost makes up for the Micra. A four-seater two-door with a decent boot and four-wheel drive that’s mightily rear-biased. Bolt that to a suite of electronic cleverness that’ll boggle whatever’s left of your mind, and you’ve got a legend that reliably minces cars twice the price.

46920568185_06cf38313e_b.jpgLakefront views by lachlan cameron, on Flickr

Celebrating 50 years isn't something you do every day, which is why Nissan used the eve of the New York auto show to launch the GT-R 50th Anniversary Edition. The high-performance model is celebrating its golden jubilee with a special edition that will come in three trims-GT-R Premium, GT-R Track Edition, and GT-R Nismo. The special GT-R pays tribute to the model's rich heritage, which began in 1969 when the original "Hakosuka" Skyline GT-R debuted in Japan, with new interior details, unique paint colors, and special badging.

46918466085_94ecedea05_b.jpgVinyl florescent decals ftw! Nissan GT-R - stickers by @fwartstckr by lachlan cameron, on Flickr

It’ll do over 193mph, but more than that, use the ‘R-Start’ launch control, and you can get 0–62mph acceleration times below three seconds, run after run. That’s not a car, that’s a missile.

47782972082_6920b65411_b.jpgInterior design of the Nissan GT-R by lachlan cameron, on Flickr

This Lego model was built with the signature 4WD, stiff yet nimble suspension with torsion bar which allowed near zero clearance of the wheel arches, working steering and wheel controlled by the servo motor or manual HOG, custom V6 engine with working pistons, the hood opens from a lever in the glove compartment, the rear trunk opens, the doors have a lever (or by hand) to open each door behind the seats, and the doors can be locked at any angle once opened, the 4wd is driven by 2 XL motor and 1 or 2 Buwizz batteries, 8 lights total 4 front and 4 rear.

47783900012_52d411a62a_b.jpgNissan GT-R - custom door design by lachlan cameron, on Flickr

33958095008_687b8a4219_b.jpgLet’s reflect on this... by lachlan cameron, on Flickr

47045874554_2acef4615f_b.jpgLight weight with details only where needed. Trying to keep these builds race worthy and light - yet still loaded with options ? by lachlan cameron, on Flickr

46920839765_4031e00d7f_b.jpgGold reflection ? by lachlan cameron, on Flickr

Edited by Lox Lego

Beautiful build! The stickers are really the icing on the cake here... But I'm not sure if I like them or those front lights more... :thumbup:

I am always impressed with the cleanliness of your builds, especially the interiors. This is another excellent build I wish had the parts (money, really, lots of money... But that's why I'm studying engineering!) for.

Your builds are always absolutely stunning! Curious to know the approximate parts count of this built. 

Good build, but ...

... roof line is too round, far from original, I would say. And C pillar needs to have some more filling with white.

The front looks great! The stickers work is absolutely amazing. The rear quarter panels feel a bit uninspired with all of the beam stacking though.

Very nice model! The GT-R is one of my favourite cars.  I especially like how you got the shaping and details for the grille and rear diffuser.

This thing looks amazing. Much like the real life machine. The only thing I can't get behind is the wheel arches. Other than that, it looks realy sweet!

It is instantly recognisable and I am Impressed with your shaping.  However,  I also think that this time the wheel arches built in this way don't work well and for me they mess up what is otherwise a really brilliant MOC.  

Bravo Lox, you have outdone yourself again :thumbup: :thumbup:! I can´t wait to build this in black with the red accents - will look so good on my shelf next to Firas´ studded version :excited:!!

Edited by brunojj1

I've always wanted to own a GTR, can't wait to build one ? thank you.  Congrats on a great build.  The door mechanism works well.  Can't wait to widebody this big time :)

On 5/12/2019 at 9:48 PM, Leonardo da Bricki said:

Beautiful build! The stickers are really the icing on the cake here... But I'm not sure if I like them or those front lights more... :thumbup:

I am always impressed with the cleanliness of your builds, especially the interiors. This is another excellent build I wish had the parts (money, really, lots of money... But that's why I'm studying engineering!) for.

Thanks! - I felt like the interior was something original - and functional too. 

On 5/12/2019 at 10:26 PM, arijitdas said:

Your builds are always absolutely stunning! Curious to know the approximate parts count of this built. 

I'm thinking around 3000 pcs.

On 5/13/2019 at 1:07 AM, Jurss said:

Good build, but ...

... roof line is too round, far from original, I would say. And C pillar needs to have some more filling with white.

I completely agree with you about the roofline. Its got such tough lines to follow, slightly shaped but straight. Took full advantage of the new parts in the Porsche RSR set.

On 5/13/2019 at 2:10 PM, lmdesigner42 said:

Very nice model! The GT-R is one of my favourite cars.  I especially like how you got the shaping and details for the grille and rear diffuser.

On 5/13/2019 at 4:52 PM, zoo said:

This thing looks amazing. Much like the real life machine. The only thing I can't get behind is the wheel arches. Other than that, it looks realy sweet!

On 5/15/2019 at 2:54 AM, Pvdb said:

It is instantly recognisable and I am Impressed with your shaping.  However,  I also think that this time the wheel arches built in this way don't work well and for me they mess up what is otherwise a really brilliant MOC.  

The wheel arch at the front was very intentional. It was the only way to meet the height and shape, then I wanted the same arches front and rear, so this was the outcome. From a distance tho they blend into the side well.

On 5/16/2019 at 10:47 AM, AFOLegofan66 said:

This is a very nice build and looking forward to the instructions...those stickers really work!!

On 5/16/2019 at 11:35 AM, brunojj1 said:

Bravo Lox, you have outdone yourself again :thumbup: :thumbup:! I can´t wait to build this in black with the red accents - will look so good on my shelf next to Firas´ studded version :excited:!!

Wow honored  you guys are building Godzilla! looking forward to seeing this build beside Fira's masterpieces :)

8 hours ago, KD123 said:

I've always wanted to own a GTR, can't wait to build one ? thank you.  Congrats on a great build.  The door mechanism works well.  Can't wait to widebody this big time :)

I am so glad we met, @KD123 has been the inspiration behind so many critical details of each build, his and my brothers help is priceless support. I appreciate all your positive feedback and can't  wait to work on the next build :wink:

47810250882_b95489474d_b.jpgFlorescent sticker design ! by lachlan cameron, on Flickr

47789006072_7e40dc4c2a_b.jpgWhite room lighting - design of the Nissan GT-R by lachlan cameron, on Flickr

Edited by Lox Lego

Good times Lox! Nowadays I enjoy collaborating on projects more than individual building.  Keep driving forward.  Next!  Next! Next!

I am in the middle of building this MOC.  This MOC is impressive in every way.  Loxlego did a remarkable job designing this model, the instructions are clear and logical. The model itself is robust and can stand being handled during the build without falling apart.  The photo instructions are well done and easy to read.  I will definitely buy and build more of Loxlego's MOCs.