Sign in to follow this  
SwissBrick

Lego city - Where to place Apocalipseburg?

Dear EB members,

I need your help! Just finished the Apocalipseburg det, but not sure where to place it?

Next to the beach, at the end, in the middle of the water? Any feedback is welcome! Thanks a lot in advance:

I'd say by the water instead of the small house with the bright red roof, as close to the tracks as possible. And maybe move the medieval house to the other side of the tracks?

Nice city, by the way. :)

Looks great and i love how you have incorporated Ninjago city.  

Not sure what to suggest for Apocalypseburg.  Feels like there should be a desert wasteland between it and the rest of the your city!

I feel it needs quite a bit of dedicated space. What about removing the lighthouse area & putting Apocalypseburg out a bit into the water? It could be it’s own little dystopian island. 

Thanks a lot for your answers! I tried them all.. and now I have to place the VESTA's wind turbine as well.. I guess the only solution would be to add another table, make a desert space, place the wind turbine in the greenery.. Anyhow, will share the different options as soon as I have the new table. THANK YOU for your insights and advise!

Very good looking city. I like how you combined two of the 2010 train stations to make a big one. I hope you keep us updated with your city development. ;)

Great city and nice video @SwissBrick! :wub: You have based your downtown on city blocks, I have more or less straight streets in my layout. I might go back to blocks after seeing yours. The only downside with that solution is that many of the modulars` facades will be hided. But it looks cooler nevertheless.

For you question: I think you could place the Apocalypseburg IN the amusement park? Why not!? It can be like an installation they often have in permanent parks around the world. It already has a coffee shop where people can take a rest, just add tables outside/in front of it. :thumbup: It also may work as an entrance to the park! It would demand some modifications tho..:wall:

Oh, oh! What about intergrate it into the roller coaster? That would also demand modifications but in a good way. Ahh...:wub_drool::blush:

If you can add another table and add a bunch of blue plates, I say make it an island, like Vindicare said. Although as an entrance to a theme park, like Chilis said, it could look really cool.

@cimddwc, @LEGO Train 12 Volts, @KotZ @Vindicare, @Kristel& @Chilis

Thank you very much for your advice!

Not yet an island, but as soon as I have the additional table, so will it be!

Many thanks again for your thoughts and care, much appreciated!

Possibilities explored:

48056885226_3922f8f74d_c.jpgIMG_6524 

48056980247_6ca793d584_c.jpgIMG_6525 

48056984151_d9b8f93dce_c.jpgIMG_6534 

48056980147_61c14318e0_c.jpgIMG_6526 

But yes, definitely need another table...