I really wanted to build the Volvo L350F, being the only model that makes use of all 4 motors types, but I personally don't really like construction machines. So I decided to make it Xerion-colored, and replace the digger bucket with a harvester of the same width (23L). 

Like the bucket, it can be raised & lowered, and tilted up & down. Tilting up moves the harvester away to make way for an array of teeth. Additionally, the harvester is set in motion when the vehicle moves forward or backward.

IMG_0006.JPG

The instructions for the harvester tool are available on Rebrickable.

Edited by ozacek

Ok, now tell me - what's the purpose of having header from a combine harvester on a wheel loader?

22 hours ago, M_longer said:

Ok, now tell me - what's the purpose of having header from a combine harvester on a wheel loader?

There was a time before the combine harvester was a thing. This attachment to the wheel loader might be useful for reaping the crops.

Just now, Maaboo35 said:

There's no collection system for the grain. If this were a mower it'd make a lick more sense, but I'm with @M_longer on this one. Can't win them all, @ozacek.

There was a time when you collected the reaped crops by hand. And after that there was a time were a seaprate machine was used to do the collecting.

Edited by zoo

22 hours ago, M_longer said:

Pure technic building fun :)

Just now, zoo said:

There was a time when you collected the reaped crops by hand.

With a 540hp wheel loader doing the threshing? Think about that for a while... *huh*

Just now, ozacek said:

Pure technic building fun :)

Whatever floats your boat, mate. It's a good header design. Why not build an actual harvester for it?

Just now, Maaboo35 said:

With a 540hp wheel loader doing the threshing? Think about that for a while... *huh*

Whatever floats your boat, mate. It's a good header design. Why not build an actual harvester for it?

I have lots of other projects... I guess anyone who wants to do that can pick up from there, instructions are available and for free.

Just now, Maaboo35 said:

Well, why not? :)

I always try to see things from a wider perspective and keep an open mind.

I actually build more for the fun of making interesting mechanisms, whether or not they have a real-life applications or meaning.

Edited by ozacek

Just now, zoo said:

Well, why not? :)

I always try to see things from a wider perspective and keep an open mind.

What horribly inefficient farms have you been to, exactly? "Massive loader, oh, money no object on that front but when it comes to collecting the harvest, forget it"?:laugh:

3 minutes ago, ozacek said:

I actually build more for the fun of making mechanisms that produce interesting actions, whether or not they have a real-life applications or meaning.

@ozacek, with respect to your point, on the subject of a "farming style" L30F,  something like a folding silage fork might be more practical. But, when all is said and done, it's your time and your parts, and it's up to you how you use both. Just because it doesn't make sense to me doesn't mean it won't make sense to you. :wink:

5 minutes ago, ozacek said:

I actually build more for the fun of making interesting mechanisms, whether or not they have a real-life applications or meaning.

For me the fun is to replicate mechanisms already contrasted in the best way possible but everything fits on Technic so OK, it is sure that in my way it will be more difficult that I achieve something new.

3 minutes ago, jorgeopesi said:

For me the fun is to replicate mechanisms already contrasted in the best way possible but everything fits on Technic so OK, it is sure that in my way it will be more difficult that I achieve something new.

Right, most people prefer to choose a machine and fit mechanisms in it, but I prefer to choose a mechnism and fit a machine around it :)

3 minutes ago, Maaboo35 said:

What horribly inefficient farms have you been to, exactly? "Massive loader, oh, money no object on that front but when it comes to collecting the harvest, forget it"?:laugh:

I guess what I mean is that something that makes perfect sense to one person, doesn't necessarily have to make sense to another. Also, there are people who dedicate their entire lives to what has been rather than what will come to pass. I think it is important to put things into perspective.

well done for building something fun :classic:

well done for presenting it to such a serious forum :grin:

10 hours ago, jorgeopesi said:

I could not agree more. :thumbup:

On 5/13/2019 at 12:18 AM, M_longer said:

Because he wants to. The topic name said it. Not all has to be an exact scale model copy, or exist in the real world, many buiders enjoy making a model like they want

And sorry for the off topic, ... M Longer you have superb builds, but i see a lot of time you replyd to a topic with a verry ironic twist in your posts, it is not nice to read by builders.

Cool model btw, do you have a video?

Edited by ben20

16 minutes ago, ben20 said:

Cool model btw, do you have a video?

There is:

(it's also on the rebrickable page for the model, along with more info)

Ozacek- thanks for sharing, making a video of your creation, and for your bravery posting in these often hostile waters.  Keep building what you want.  

20 hours ago, ben20 said:

M Longer you have superb builds, but i see a lot of time you replyd to a topic with a verry ironic twist in your posts, it is not nice to read by builders.

Keep in mind that somewhere between that irony are also suggestions how to improve a model.
And about improvements - @ozacek your header turns in wrong direction, should be running forward, not backwards.

I have my own point of view about this, if you put a V16 and front traction on a F40 most people would be scandalized because they know and love the car. With us happen the same with the heavy machinery, you can do it of course, but we do not quite understand it all.

4 hours ago, KD123 said:

Ozacek- thanks for sharing, making a video of your creation, and for your bravery posting in these often hostile waters.  Keep building what you want.  

Amen to that :thumbup:

2 hours ago, M_longer said:

And about improvements - @ozacek your header turns in wrong direction, should be running forward, not backwards.

Right, I did notice that, but it would require yet another gear to reverse the rotation, which complicates things and I didn't want to spend more time on that particular model since it's not a realistic render anyway...