Legacy Venomari Shrine

33941270618_1a149b110a_c.jpg

"Snakes! Why did it have to be snakes!?"

For the Ninjago Legacy contest, I present to you my Legacy Venomari Shrine, the successor to 9440-1: Venomari Shrine!

My MOC features the snake-launching feature of the original mode, in addition to a secondary action function tied to the staff itself. A side view shows some of the mechanisms:

33941272118_e966cf69e6.jpg

Taking the Venomari staff comes with a string attached: the "hissing" statue unleashes snakes upon trespassers!

32874731237_e6d28cf86b_c.jpg

You can watch a video demonstration here!

Thanksss for viewing!

Brilliant! I loved that original set and this is a great tribute.

An entry for my contest :sweet: It is a great start to things.

Hm... I love a lot about the look of this (like the parts where the columns go diagonal), and that you worked in more functionality. But it kind of feels bigger than it has to be? A cool thing about small sets like the original is that they pack detail and functionality into a smaller package, whereas this feels extremely large and rectangular. I feel like even cutting out the entire bottom "step" could make this feel a little more concise without sacrificing its strong design.

Also, this isn't meant as criticism per se, but this feels very different from most Serpentine ruins in Ninjago sets, in that the restrained color scheme, heavy use of symmetry, and the repetition of the masonry bricks makes it feel much less "ruined". Which is a valid stylistic choice! But it might be worth considering how "chipping off" corners of some of the brickwork, or making the plants grow a little more wild and untamed instead of being positioned neatly in the corner of every step, might affect the overall look in a way that you might actually end up finding preferable.

That's a really cool feature you came up with, and nicely hidden! Your build does the original set more than justice! I get Lyichir's criticism, but this isn't a set designing contest by definition and I think you made a very fine entry. :thumbup:

Very smooth upgrade to this set, I really like the snake-dropping function and those twisted pillars are a great touch!