Hinckley

The Forest 3 Mafia Day Five—Particularly Wary

033.jpg

034.jpg

035.jpg

Vote Tally

Bennet Bulldog: 4 (Haydn Hippo, Brewer Bunny, Whitby Walrus, Ember Elephant)
Brewer Bunny: 1 (Bennett Bulldog)

With 5 players left, it take 3 votes to lynch. As it currently stands, Bennett Bulldog will be lynched. There are approximately 34 hours left in Day Five.

1 hour ago, Bennett Bulldog said:

Search your feelings, fellow animals. You know this to be wrong. Does it not concern you how quickly these votes piled up? 

If I were Monster I would probably would have recruited a scumbuddy to the anti-Hellion masonry then killed Ember. But I didn’t. I recruited Ronan and had nothing to do with his death. Remember? Caldwell claimed credit for Ronan’s demise.

I agree with Whitby’s vote analysis that Brewer/me, Haydn/me and Ember/Brewer are not the same team.

I disagree that voting for Huxley and having him flail about and latch on to my inability to receive an invention means we were bussing each other. He was grasping at straws to at least put up some sort of coherent defense and name an alternate lynch. 

There’s still time to turn this around and lynch Brewer.

Ember and I are town. Whitby is the last Hellion. Haydn and Brewer are monster killer and blocker, respectively. Final answer. Time is up. 

Since it was last post of the first page quoting to increase visibility. Do not go quietly into the night, my friends.

Since it was last post of the first page quoting to increase visibility. Do not go quietly into the night, my friends.

I really want to believe you since we've been working together since the start. But the thing that hangs me up is that I don't know for absolute certainty that you are town, because that can't be confirmed. Just as you don't know if I am actually town. 

I have a feeling that I'm going to hear about it in the conclusion how foolish I was and how I likely lost the game for the town and won it for one of the other teams, but I don't know if I can shake the nagging feeling that you're a Monster. We can't lynch Whitby since he's the last Hellion. It's either you or Brewer that's scum, since Brewer is obviously not town having targeted Whitby knowing he was the Hellion killer somehow and that blocking him would prevent a kill.

The thing is, both Brewer and Haydn laid out cases as to why we should lynch Bennett and were the first two to vote for him. Did one of them see the way the wind was blowing against him and decided to hop aboard? Which one?

Brewer is also the blocker. I don't think, besides Myrtle claiming inventor, that we've seen another town power role this entire game, or even heard about one. Caldwell claimed vigilante but we know that's a lie. Bennett claims that there has/had to be one out there after Myrtle since he received a protection ability, which in this topsy turvy game is possible that there's two inventors and no other town-aligned power roles. 

The real question is, has anyone else in the town claimed a power role beyond Myrtle and Brewer? Both Bennett and I are vanilla. Pierot and his buddy would have been vanilla. Ronan was either vanilla or had a role that he didn't tell Bennett or I about, which is possible since he might not have fully trusted us. So, that's at most five people right there that didn't have a power role. Add to that four scum on each team and that's at most nine people that didn't have either town aligned power roles or any power role. So it makes me wonder if the town would have been given a blocker at all. Or why Brewer would have blocked Whitby despite, to my memory, not really going after him noticeably, unless she knew that he is the Hellion killer, knowing that it couldn't have been me or Bennett (unless Bennett is her scum partner) since we can't be Hellions. 

Since a majority has been reached, my vote on Bennett does not really matter.

Unvote: Bennett Bulldog

I will make a further decision about who I'd like to vote for later. It won't be Whitby because he's the last Hellion and lynching him would lose us the game. I've said what I've been thinking very openly. I don't want to lose us the game though. I know I'm town, so basically I have to decide between three people. Two of them are scum. It could be Haydn and Brewer together, and they're lynching Bennett since they know he's a villager and thus getting rid of either me or Bennett today would win them the game. It could also be Brewer and Bennett and it could be Bennett and Haydn and all this bluster between them could be deception. Whitby would obviously vote for anyone today that's not him. I don't know why Bennett would vote for Brewer instead of Haydn who voted for him first unless he, like me, believes she's actually a scum blocker. If Bennett is a monster with Brewer, then she'll be the last one alive and she won't be able to use the block tonight against Whitby. If Brewer and Haydn are monsters, then they can obviously do the block kill tonight against Whitby and win the game. 

I notice that some people have grown very quiet since voting. 

3 hours ago, Whitby Walrus said:

And I know I’m not aligned with Bennett.

Obviously you're not. Bennett can't be a Hellion. I think Whitby's just effectively confirmed he's the last Hellion. 

3 hours ago, Bennett Bulldog said:

If I were Monster I would probably would have recruited a scumbuddy to the anti-Hellion masonry then killed Ember. But I didn’t. I recruited Ronan and had nothing to do with his death. 

This is one of the only things that's made me think that you're actually town. I wrote down privately, in my private journal, that I was afraid that you were recruiting Ronan since you knew he was your fellow monster pal. I've also been alive this entire game. I could have easily been silenced by you on night one or two. In fact, I suggested that we recruit Haydn, and you rejected that, instead making the judgement call to recruit Ronan. If you're a monster, I don't know why you'd recruit Ronan and then just kill him. Unless you did it to cut down on our masonry since you know I'd be by your side regardless. 

Sorry if none of this makes sense. 

Vote Tally

Bennet Bulldog: 3 (Haydn Hippo, Brewer Bunny, Whitby Walrus)
Brewer Bunny: 1 (Bennett Bulldog)

With 5 players left, it take 3 votes to lynch. As it currently stands, Bennett Bulldog will be lynched. There are approximately 31 hours left in Day Five.

Whitby, if you’re the last Hellion, you have to unvote me and go for Brewer. Otherwise he’ll block you tonight and Haydn will kill you and that’ll be it. 

Likewise, Ember, I now know you’re Town. If you were Monster there would be no reason to not keep your vote on me. You, me, and Whitby can lynch Brewer. This game might have one last twist left in it. 

31 hours. Clock is ticking.

Likewise, Ember, I now know you’re Town. If you were Monster there would be no reason to not keep your vote on me. You, me, and Whitby can lynch Brewer. This game might have one last twist left in it. 

I can't escape the thought that I might be getting played here. I don't know why, but the idea that you're scum has been gnawing at the the entire game. It doesn't make sense that you'd be lynching Brewer if she was your blocker buddy because you would be unable to prevent Whitby from killing tonight. Whitby will kill either Haydn or one of us, and Haydn will kill Whitby or one of us. Maybe we can get lucky and they'll try to kill each other tonight. 

I can't rationalize that Brewer is the town blocker. That she blocked Whitby last night speaks volumes. Knowing that the two of us aren't Hellions is essential. They killed and blocked the only two people that they knew weren't on their team and weren't Hellions, which is Leevi and Whitby respectively. 

Vote: Brewer Bunny

It might turn out to be a massive error and the dead might be screaming at me from the great beyond. If Whitby kills me tonight and Haydn kills Bennett, then it will be a parity tomorrow of the Hellions and Monsters. They literally cannot win unless they eliminate each other, so what happens then? A draw? The scum would have to keep one of us alive, as in either me or Bennett, so there's another day. Then I guess one of the final town would have to decide who should get the win. Whitby and Haydn will have to try to kill each other tonight. Haydn is, apparently, completely against lynching Brewer because that removes the Monster's blocker. I imagine the Monster plan is to lynch Bennett, then Brewer blocks Whitby and Haydn kills him and then the two of them outnumber the town, which is just me. It's clever and crafty. Like I said, I could be totally wrong about what team everyone is on. I could just be giving the Monsters the victory today if Bennett is actually a Monster. 

Whitby, side with what I hope is the final two remaining town. I suppose it's your only chance at trying to get a victory. I hope I don't get screwed over here. What if it's Bennett and Haydn? Or Bennett and Whitby? What if it's Whitby and Brewer? Or Haydn and Whitby? Or what if it's Ember and Haydn? Wait, no, I'm Ember. It can't be me. I'm town. 

I am the new towniest of the town.

Also nobody has found me yet. Stay away from me. At least three of you are evil. 

Haydn, you're a shit seeker. 

So far, so much expected.

Ember. I know you've got Bennett constantly in your ear, it's hard.

so far though, no one has come out with new information that changes my analysis above. That's why I haven't commented.

i maintain the plan is to lynch a monster today. Then tonight in order to have any chance of winning, the remaining scum must target the other scum, hoping the other loses their nerve and targets town, or gets confused about who is who.

but let's examine the move you've made.

if you posit that Brewer is a scum blocker, then she isn't a scum killer. Unless scum can pass roles around to mitigate against losing members, I dunno. I can't see how removing someone who can potentially reduce the number of deaths we have as a good thing to do.

dont resort to name calling, play the ball, not the man.

036.jpg

037.jpg

038.jpg

039.jpg

040.jpg

041.jpg

042.jpg

043.jpg

044.jpg

Vote Tally

Bennet Bulldog: 3 (Haydn Hippo, Brewer Bunny, Whitby Walrus)
Brewer Bunny: 2 (Bennett Bulldog, Ember Elephant)

With 5 players left, it take 3 votes to lynch. As it currently stands, Bennett Bulldog will be lynched. There are 27 hours left in Day Five.

1 hour ago, Ember Elephant said:

(I posted the interlude a few hours early because we're going to see Endgame...)

Ah. I see we're all playing music. I'd like to participate too!

*Ember takes out his golden microphone to compliment his golden pipes*

6e5e76a1359ebe0bc9aafe1a3fdabe5f.png

"It won't be easy, you'll think it strange!
When I try to explain how I feel about the game.
That I still need your help after all that I've done
You won't believe me, but they're scum!
Although I'm dressed up to the nines,
Now I'm here to help you.
I had to let it happen, I had to change my vote.
Couldn't stay the whole game doubting Bennett!"

"Looking out of the window, staying safe at night.
I choose freedom, and I want to kill all the scum.
But nothing has impressed me at all about their plays.
I never expected it to!"

"Don't cry for me, Autumn Falls!
The truth is that Brewer is scum!
All through my wild days, my mad existence,
I kept my promise!
Don't let the scum win today!"

"And as for fortune, as for fame
I've never lied about the scum,
Though it seemed to the world, that I would.
They are illusions, they're not the solutions that we need to win!
The answer was here all the time,
Brewer, Haydn, and Whitby are scum!
Don't cry for me, Autumn Falls!"

"Don't cry for me, Autumn Falls!
The truth is I never lied!
All through my wild days, my mad existence.
I kept my promise!
Don't let the scum win today!
Have I said too much about my role?
There's nothing more I can say about the scum!
But all you have to do is look at me to know,
That every word is true!"
*TRUMPET*

Whitby, make sure you change your vote to Brewer.

I can’t see if Whitby has visited us recently. 

Whitby, if you’re out there, you’ve all but confirmed you’re the last Hellion. The only way you keep it going is for you to help the town lynch Brewer so you can’t be blocked tonight. 

Do it for the children.

Thus might be for the best. It might not be. There's no way Bennett and Hadyn can be on the same team here. Or Brewer either. I think there's a small possibility Hadyn and Ember are on the same team and have played this very well. In which case hats off to your guys. 

Vote Tally

Bennet Bulldog: 2 (Haydn Hippo, Brewer Bunny)
Brewer Bunny: 3 (Bennett Bulldog, Ember Elephant, Whitby Walrus)

With 5 players left, it take 3 votes to lynch. As it currently stands, Brewer Bunny will be lynched. There are 21 hours left in Day Five.

14 minutes ago, Whitby Walrus said:

6 hours ago, Hinckley said:

Wow. Ok.

I thought we'd talked about this, Whitby. But if that's the way you want to go, and you're certain Ember is town.

We'll see a very messy night. But hey, if I go that's a win for you right?

3 hours ago, Haydn Hippo said:

and you're certain Ember is town.

I didn’t say I was certain Ember was town. I just said I don’t think Bennett and her are both scum. If there are two monsters left and Bennett is one them then that would leave either you or Brewer as his other Monster scum mate. My issue though is that both you and Brewer immediately voted for Bennett today and to top that off Bennett has his own crusade against Brewer. I know we’ve seen some crazy mechanics in the past but I can’t see any logical reason as to why a scum would want to try and off their own teammate if they’re on the verge of winning. 

Do you think Ember is town? If not then why are you voting for Brewer and not him? 

I don't know. 

I still think it's possible that both Ember and Bennett are monsters together and their 'masonry' is a cover. Ronan the townie is not alive to corroborate their story.

My preferred theory, which I laid out and voted on, is that yes, Bennett and Brewer are monsters. Brewer is the blocker, Bennett the killer. You might possibly know for certain she is a blocker. And unless they can pass roles to keep the kill, I'd rather lynch the killer than the blocker. 

Plus lynching Bennett covers the case of what if Ember is a scummy liar too. Like I said, that's not my preferred theory, but it can't be dismissed. 

Thus Bennett's vote for her is an elaborate ploy and he and Ember will unvote late to cause a no lynch. Everyone has already proven that votes are fluid.

As it was, Bennett reached four votes, indicating (if he is a monster) that his teammate bussed him. The same can now be said for Brewer. 

There are other possible theories. I don't have the same information you do to be able to eliminate options. It all depends on how much you're willing to say in public in order to give your team a shot at a win.

Vote Tally

Bennet Bulldog: 1 (Brewer Bunny)
Brewer Bunny: 4 (Bennett Bulldog, Ember Elephant, Whitby Walrus, Haydn Hippo)

With 5 players left, it take 3 votes to lynch. As it currently stands, Brewer Bunny will be lynched. There are 14.5 hours left in Day Five.

5 hours ago, Haydn Hippo said:

6 hours ago, Hinckley said:

Oh boy this is not good. For that one town member among you just know that my lynch will most certainly result in a monster win. Though honestly thinking about the chances of the town winning are very slim. I can only block one killer at night. So even if you do change your minds and we eventually end up lynching a monster, then only one will be blocked tonight, thus the other team are free to kill whoever they please. This all ends with 3 left and one from each team tomorrow. I guess its a draw. But as I would much rather have a draw then a clear monster win I persuade the one other townie to change to someone else, preferably one of the antis as one of them are positively a monster. Actually seeing as how this is directed at the only townie and as I have said before the only other townie is most likely on the team I persuade you to vote for the other. I have been thinking about which one of the two could be the monster. Currently my vote is on Bennett who I still have mus suspicions about. But there is an interesting thought that has been brought up. 

22 hours ago, Bennett Bulldog said:

Search your feelings, fellow animals. You know this to be wrong. Does it not concern you how quickly these votes piled up? 

If I were Monster I would probably would have recruited a scumbuddy to the anti-Hellion masonry then killed Ember. But I didn’t. I recruited Ronan and had nothing to do with his death. Remember? Caldwell claimed credit for Ronan’s demise.

This is very true, I can't really think of a good reason why a monster would recruit a townie, and he is right about Caldwell claiming the kill. If Bennet truly is town then that must mean Ember is the monster. But if that's the case then why would he change his vote and push so hard for a lynch against someone else? Surely he would be OK with any lynch as long as its not him? This is causing trauma, I think I need a therapist. 

As I have said before Whitby and Haydn are definitely scum, but unlike the rest of you I do not know which one is on which team. You all seem to think Whitby is a hellion positively, while I think its possibly I see nothing to suggest he is not a monster. I think its a very 50/50 split as to what team he belongs too. But like I said its 50/50, him could be a hellion and lynching him would lead to a monster victory. Haydn is 50/50 for me as well. 

That's all of us. I have reasons for not voting for all of you as I think there is a good amount that stops me from believing you are a monster. I have seen this brought up a bit but something is telling me that it's possible after all this analysis. Is it possible that we never started out with 3 members on one team? If we did start out with 3 that would leave 9 town to fight 6 scummos, not the best odds for town and even a little unfair really thinking about it. I am starting to think we started out with possibly 2 on each team and probably the power to recruit. If what I just said is true then that leaves a lot more possibility's. 

One Monster Left (Neither team recruited) - Ember and Bennett town, Whiby town as he was blocked and still a kill, Haydn must be the last monster.

Two Monster Left (Hellions failed to recruit) - Ember and Bennett town, Whitby and Haydn monster. 

One Monster Left, One Hellion Left (Monsters failed to recruit) - Anythings possibly really. 

Two Monsters Left, One Hellion (Both teams recruited, same situation as we are in if we started out with 3) - Haydn and Whitby definitely scum on uncertain team, either Ember or Bennett. are scum. 

In 3/4 of the scenarios I said above Haydn is scum. The only problem is that is its the last scenario then I am unsure what team she belongs too, and as we all know we must lynch monster in order to have a draw at the very least. I know its an odd thing to say but Whiby if you are a hellion now would be a great time to reveal it. That's not happening but oh well. I think I have to go with mu gut on this one and vote for Haydn as he is scum in 3-4 of the possibility's and I am very conflicted on the Bennett-Ember team.

Unvote: Bennett Bulldog

Vote: Haydn Hippo

Do what you think is right whoever the hell is still town. 

Vote Tally

Brewer Bunny: 4 (Bennett Bulldog, Ember Elephant, Whitby Walrus, Haydn Hippo)
Haydn Hippo: 1 (Brewer Bunny)

With 5 players left, it take 3 votes to lynch. As it currently stands, Brewer Bunny will be lynched. There are 12 hours left in Day Five.

20 minutes ago, Brewer Bunny said:

Vote: Haydn Hippo

2 hours ago, Hinckley said:

Odd that Brewer is voting for Haydn. Whitby has all but confirmed he's the last Hellion, 

18 hours ago, Haydn Hippo said:

dont resort to name calling, play the ball, not the man.

You're still my favorite animal in the village, forever and ever, even if you are scum and you couldn't find where I was hiding. 

45 minutes ago, Ember Elephant said:

Odd that Brewer is voting for Haydn. Whitby has all but confirmed he's the last Hellion

Last minute bus move to obfuscate the final voting patterns, I think, in case we go to Day 6. I’m still confident we got it right - you and I are town, Whitby is Hellion, and Haydn and Brewer are Monsters. 

Look at how Brewer and Haydn voted for me in tandem right after voting opened. 

Last minute bus move to obfuscate the final voting patterns, I think, in case we go to Day 6. I’m still confident we got it right - you and I are town, Whitby is Hellion, and Haydn and Brewer are Monsters. 

Look at how Brewer and Haydn voted for me in tandem right after voting opened. 

Dude.

I  actually laid out a case right in front of you as to what I was going to do and why, and what I thought the other animals might do.

Unvote: Brewer Bunny

If Brewer was my scum buddy, why would I have bothered doing that? If we were monsters together any lynch that isn't us would be fine. The much! easier play would have been to fluffily moan about it being hopeless, that there's no way town can win, that even now, there's uncertainty about who the last Hellion is (is it Whitby? Is it me? Is it no one because Caldwell is a lying scum bag?). I could throw in some speculation about what happens if we don't lynch a monster, since everyone else is saying that.

Then when voting opens, me and my scum buddy put our dastardly plan into effect. We do nothing. When a vote drops on anyone who isn't us, one of us niggles at the vote, making people more sure they're right. Perhaps voting for our scum buddy as a last minute bus wifom. Then the other piles on the vote that isn't us, pointing at the vote on us to give clear reason who the monster team is. Except....that's not what I did.

I played out in the open, not getting in someone's ear and niggling away. I said what and why. I showed how the villiagers can and should still win.

I have had people calling me scummy all game long. Caldwell, Gracie, Whitby, Bennett. I have had votes put on me, but not seriously in danger of being lynched. I have unfortunately not been night killed. I assumed I had been kept by scum as being scummy enough to be a useful last day lynch, and kept by villagers as just being useful. I talk about stuff, pull at details, lay out cases, and follow through when it's time to vote. Sometimes I get stuff wrong, (Braxton is the most egregious example) Sometimes I do better. My non-first-vote scum list is 3-1 with two remaining. Ronan I got wrong. Who's left? Whitby, who practically everyone has identified as the remaining Hellion. And Bennett.

I have played as a villager. Clearly, openly, without dodging the hard questions, being absent or retreating into private conversations to make my case. I get that Bennett cannot (does not want to) see that. For the rest of you, it should make sense.

I should have stuck by my first call, it is more obvious than ever.

Vote: Bennett Bulldog

Dammit. I added the unvote while writing which changes how the following paragraph reads. Dammit.

The why would I have done that refers to open planning did case-building. Nothing to do with the unvote, which could have gone anywhere but I put toward the front for drama. Because I'm a drama-hippo.

Whitby. If you're a Hellion, take out the monster killer.

Brewer, Ember. One of you is a villager, it is still possible for us to win. Take out the monster killer.

Ember, Brewer, whichever of you is the last monster, your final grasp is to bus your buddy first, making Whitby think the other is the last monster. He targets them tonight and you kill or block him, giving you the game or taking it to a final day, you Whitby and I, where I will hand you the win for good play. You know I'm villager, you know I'll keep my word there.

Vote Tally

Bennett Bulldog: 1 (Haydn Hippo)

With 5 players left, it take 3 votes to lynch. As it currently stands, Brewer Bunny will be lynched. There are approximately 5 hours left in Day Five.

1 hour ago, Haydn Hippo said:

Vote: Bennett Bulldog

7 hours ago, Hinckley said:

Well, if we still have 2 monsters left then good job to them as they have just won this game of life. If we don't then one of the other possibility's I stated above is likely and there is still hope for a town victory. I would still encourage some of the other animals to use there brains and listen too what I have said above. I think we spent too much time this day pretending we know for a fact exactly who is who on what team and the where and the why and all that, myself included in that criticism. There is still time to change the outcome of this day though, so if you want to secure a town victory then I would say Haydn is our best shot. Not likely it will happen though. Just know that you will no longer have any town PR's tonight unless someone has been keeping quiet. Good luck to you all and don't get too traumatized if the monster's mash in a graveyard smash.  

045.jpg

046.jpg

047.jpg

048.jpg

049.jpg

050.jpg

051.jpg

052.jpg

053.jpg

054.jpg

Final Vote Tally

Bennett Bulldog: 1 (Haydn Hippo)
Non-voters: 0

The day has ended with Brewer Bunny being lynched. Night Five begins now and will last up to 48 hours. You have precisely 24 hours to get your Night Actions in. Late Night Actions will not be accepted. If you are a player who can communicate outside of the day thread, you may now communicate from now until voting starts on Day Six. Thank you.