leafan

Trolls World Tour 2019 - Rumors & Discussion

I'd chalk it up to a design change made after it was too late for LEGO to update. Given the lead times required for toy production, I'm surprised it doesn't happen more often than it does, really.

Edited by K_Tiger

15 hours ago, LegoMyMamma said:

How about this crazy Bus/Caterpillar thingie?? :laugh:

For some reason I can't stop looking at it! LOL

I know all these troll sets are appealing and it does look accurate to what it looks like in the trolls holiday special , did LEGO decide to let the best designers do these sets and that's why the upcoming sets in other themes are subpar , I think this set may be around £30-£40

Edited by Peppermint_M
Please don't quote pictures.

1 hour ago, TheGlynreaper said:

I know all these troll sets are appealing and it does look accurate to what it looks like in the trolls holiday special , did LEGO decide to let the best designers do these sets and that's why the upcoming sets in other themes are subpar , I think this set may be around £30-£40

That's an interesting theory I haven't heard haha. Probably had the interns designs the sets for other themes (Marvel... SW..)

Despite these sets being very exotic looking, I can't stop expecting that this theme will end up like Unikitty or Toy Story... Guess we'll find out in the next few months

On 11/21/2019 at 8:26 AM, LegoMyMamma said:

How about this crazy Bus/Caterpillar thingie?? :laugh:

Is that also going to be a set? I didn't see it with the other reveals.

Also, is it me or does Guy Diamond's hair piece look hollow from up top?

1 hour ago, BrickFit26 said:

Is that also going to be a set? I didn't see it with the other reveals.

Also, is it me or does Guy Diamond's hair piece look hollow from up top?

Apparently so, as it's on TLG's Instagram -- yet it doesn't have a name.  Not sure about the hair piece.  I am interested in Lavender 2x2 curvy tiles though!

On ‎11‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 11:27 PM, Evergreen said:

That's an interesting theory I haven't heard haha. Probably had the interns designs the sets for other themes (Marvel... SW..)

Despite these sets being very exotic looking, I can't stop expecting that this theme will end up like Unikitty or Toy Story... Guess we'll find out in the next few months

yes I fear that even though they are great sets , with lovely box art and fair prices I cant see many people buying them honestly I was expecting these sets in march when the marketing campaigns would be in full swing for the film

and peppermint_M how come you singled me out yet again numerous others do the same

I was at a LUG bbq yesterday, and these sets were brought up within a group of about 8. Of those 8, I was the only one to say that yes, I would be buying them. Fingers crossed they are out before May, in time for a local show.

9 hours ago, LegoMyMamma said:

@BrickFit26 It's called "Rainbow Caterbus"

Thanks. The set looks great. Its my favorite one out of all of them. The raft looks good too. Too bad it only has 2 minifigures. 

25 minutes ago, BrickFit26 said:

Thanks. The set looks great. Its my favorite one out of all of them. The raft looks good too. Too bad it only has 2 minifigures. 

You mean the Lonesome Flats set? It has three, though? Poppy, Branch and the centaur whose name I don’t know? Four if you count the little critter with the big mouth.

On 11/21/2019 at 1:56 AM, Feng-huang0296 said:

So, do we know where LEGO got the reference material to make these sets? Because I’m comparing LEGO King Trollex with his on-screen counterpart and the hair’s wrong in both style and colour, the arms are wrong, and it’s just inaccurate. So could this actually be a different character entirely? 

I was thinking the same thing.. then I saw the box and turns out it’s not him after all. It’s says mermaid on the box. 

4 hours ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

You mean the Lonesome Flats set? It has three, though? Poppy, Branch and the centaur whose name I don’t know? Four if you count the little critter with the big mouth.

No. I'm talking about the "Rainbow Caterbus." Its. A set that appeared on LEGO's instagram page. I haven't seen it anywhere else. Not even when the other official pictures of the sets were released.

Edited by BrickFit26

1 minute ago, BrickFit26 said:

No. I'm talking about the "Rainbow Caterbus." Its. A set that appeared on LEGO's instagram page. 

You’re not counting the cloud people? I would, personally. Sure, they’re brick-built, but so is Unikitty. 

1 minute ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

You’re not counting the cloud people? I would, personally. Sure, they’re brick-built, but so is Unikitty. 

True. But I'm one it the few that really love these Troll minifigures i wanted.more in this sets. To me its the best set out of all the rest.

Just now, BrickFit26 said:

True. But I'm one it the few that really love these Troll minifigures i wanted.more in this sets. To me its the best set out of all the rest.

I like them too. I plan on getting the Volcano Rock City, Pop Village Celebration, Poppy’s Pod, two Techno Reefs (so that I can modify one ‘mermaid’ into an accurate King Trollex) and, budget allowing, the Air Balloon Adventure (but only if I have enough spare cash). That way I should be able to get all of the characters except the centaur in Lonesome Flats and enough duplicate Poppy and Branch figures to throw together a couple of custom ‘nameless villagers’ to add to my fantasy district alongside all of the named characters. (Throw a Branch hair and some pure navy blue legs on the rock disguise variant Poppy and I’ll have a great backup singer for Barb.)

I love all these sets with my least favourite beeing the balloon. I am just a tiny bit worried tho about the direction Lego is heading with the huge pieces. Balloon, pods, ninjago arcade, Disney book pieces etc...

I understand that it makes the sets more affordable and more realistic or close to what is in the show but I just feel we got like A LOT of those huge pieces in one reveal. 

also not fond of the felt parts. To me this is not lego. I can see those being chewed and dirty and end up in the bin quite fast. Also too many stickers. 

But, I really do love these sets. I will probably get all of them and maybe 2 of some to make a huge diorama.  Is I can’t wait for the minions sets reveal but that’s in another post. 

I'll reiterate what I said in a different thread about the Trolls pods, Ninjago arcade, Disney storybooks, and Friends cubes - think of them as containers, not "pieces" in the broader sense. (Like the round pods that have shown up in multiple themes in the past few years.) They're not necessarily about simplifying the building experience like other tiresome-argument parts; they're there to give sets - or at least key portions of them - greater portability so kids can easily bring them along for long car rides, waiting for a table at a restaurant, stuff like that.

The balloon though - yeah, I don't know what's going on there. Maybe Dreamworks nixed an earlier design that used the balloon parts we already have.

1 hour ago, tafkatb said:

they're there to give sets - or at least key portions of them - greater portability so kids can easily bring them along for long car rides, waiting for a table at a restaurant, stuff like that.

The balloon though - yeah, I don't know what's going on there. Maybe Dreamworks nixed an earlier design that used the balloon parts we already have.

Yeah true, portability for younger kids is a must. As for the balloon maybe you are right. At the same time, it need to fit a lot of characters so to keep it proportional they didn’t really have a choice. 

anyway I still love those. I also wished they’d include more (minifig head pieces) for Mr Wormthingthatineverremenberthenameof So we can make his body longer. But that is fixable. :)

6 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

The trolls’ heads have four studs that the hairpieces connect to, just as some people have predicted :thumbup: 

Though it's exactly what I expected based on the previous teaser pictures, it's so nice to see it confirmed. LEGO really deserves props for the lengths they've taken to LEGO-ize these minifigs, as opposed to other themes like Angry Birds. I can't wait to see what weird and wonderful creations are made using these heads and hairpieces given their connection points.

10 minutes ago, Clone OPatra said:

Though it's exactly what I expected based on the previous teaser pictures, it's so nice to see it confirmed. LEGO really deserves props for the lengths they've taken to LEGO-ize these minifigs, as opposed to other themes like Angry Birds. I can't wait to see what weird and wonderful creations are made using these heads and hairpieces given their connection points.

I think I’ve already mentioned my plans to get a second ‘Mermaid Troll’ and replace its head with a 2x2 round purple jumper and a flame part to recreate King Trollex’s hair?

Still, true, I’m sure better people than I have some really great plans.