Hi Guys!

I finished my new model.

I didn't hold on to any real car, but it is similar to the old classic Chevrolet Bell Air / Impala.

There's nothing to open, it's just a riding model.

Drive / Turn = standard L-Motor / Servo. There is a 1:1 transfer from the L-motor to the differential.

photos: FLICKR

32853012797_1de25004cf_b.jpg

32853012717_c941bc5946_b.jpg

32853012657_7e5a0fbce4_b.jpg

47007184874_9f8e34d18c_b.jpg

32853012597_09d9715da1_b.jpg

32853012527_c7fe4a2f4a_b.jpg

47007184734_561d36a06c_b.jpg

46880130715_e3d9e13eb2_b.jpg

46880130655_3711e7a6b2_b.jpg

47007184554_60314b8863_b.jpg

47796441481_5acff06702_b.jpg

It does look nice, way to keep it simple. I too was expecting adjustable suspension, when I think lowrider that is what I immediately think of.  Still I like it a lot, maybe you could work on suspension later, definitely looks like what it is supposed to and I agree Chevy Impala flavor for sure. 

Good looking model.

9 hours ago, Paliason said:

There's nothing to open, it's just a riding model.

And now You can start to work on different features.

Thank you all , guys! 

I wanted to have the car as simple as possible, without any unnecessary features that would just increase weight. (already heavy enough)

I was thinking about it before starting constructionBut I had the feeling, that the adjusting suspension (and leaving the current motor/diff connection) would then make it impossible for me to discreetly hide the battery-box and PF receiver in the back of the car.

I actually like the way you put the motor in. It would be very simple to just add a hinge next to the motor and build a mechanical lever to raise or lower the suspension. 
You could also make it 4 wheel drive without too much modification. And you could still keep the battery where it is. 

.. Just maybe a stud or two higher.

Edited by Mechbuilds

A car without ajustable suspensions can't be called as a lowrider.

You're is just a nice american can or an american musclecar is you want. 

But definitely not a lowrider

Nebulaire:

It has adjustable suspension, but only imaginary. you just have to imagine it! :wink:

I understand your comment. I know what a lowrider is. I just missed this chassis functionality advisedly, in favor of better gameplay. Take it so, that the chassis is set to the legal height - everyone can just imagine adjustability.

46890034775_7b5fdeec75_b.jpg

46890034185_5a888e724e_b.jpg

and I was trying to replace the wheels for smaller ones, but they're probably too small ... :oh::grin:

46890033055_b98da9bd13_b.jpg

47017104924_6a922dcb8e_b.jpg

40840083733_9b915919e0_b.jpg

47017104114_789073298a_b.jpg

I like the bodywork of this moc. It looks great. What i would do is keep the bodywork as is and start trying to force in more playability.. Like an opening hood with an fake engine inside.. Or maybe the suspensionwork.. 
It looks greath though. Goodjob! 

5 hours ago, Nebulaire said:

You should try the tyres from the set 42024 and add somme white touch on them.

Yes, exactly! Those will there probably fit better. I don't have this right now. When I get them, I'll take a picture again.

Maybe our standards have become too high.. We can't appreciate a nice clean model without having the urge to cram as many functions as we can into it. 

Agreed, I am trying to build a simple moc and before I even get halfway through it I am thinking about transmissions, weighted flywheels and a trigger launch system. I really need to first get a working prototype and then think about those things. 

That is why on my first post I told the OP it looked nice and simple and should consider adding changes later. 

Still say it's nice looking car, he did a good job and should only add features if he feels like it.

It is Technic and people like to see features, since that is what it is all about. My problem is I envision so many features during the build process I end up never completing the MOC. 

Edited by Johnny1360

14 hours ago, Mechbuilds said:

I like the bodywork of this moc. It looks great. What i would do is keep the bodywork as is and start trying to force in more playability.. Like an opening hood with an fake engine inside.. Or maybe the suspensionwork.. 
It looks greath though. Goodjob! 

If I do it as a static/non-RC model, these functions like opening (hood, door, trunk), fake engine, suspension ... I would probably do.

But it's RC. So I saved weight where I could. I didn't want to have it like most of the RC MOCs: packed with xy features, that crawls like a snail. :grin:

For a fact, unless of course you have buggy motors and a Buwhizz. Which I cannot really afford at this time. 

Edited by Johnny1360

Wow what a perfect looking!

At a first glance when I saw the second picture I though it was a real car ...I like the use of pneumatic "T" junction for the radiator!

Great pictures and sleek model! :wub:

Good job with the lowrider.

Reminds me of the good old days of GTA vice city and San Andreas.