Sign in to follow this  
Commander Wolf

[MOC] Simple GBC Train

Something different for once...!

Ever since I bought a used 7722 a few years ago, I've been wanting to use 4.5v train/Technic stuff in a contemporary application. Originally I wanted to build an Actual Train Thing, but my Bulleid Leader has not worked out, at least not in a 4.5v context. Recently though, @jtlan and I have been getting into GBC, so of course I had to shoehorn the 4.5v train in there somehow.

Anyway the Simple GBC Train has a bunch of mechanical features which are better explained in a video:

For those of you who don't know what GBC is: http://www.greatballcontraption.com/wiki/Main_Page

Anyway, I put this in Train Tech because while it is GBC related, I think it's more train than Technic. Furthermore, GBC might be the intended application, but this system could also be used for other automated train loading/unloading sorts of things if you are into that. 

No Brickshelf gallery as there's not really much more to see than what's in the video, but I can provide a LDD file if anyone is interested. Otherwise have a nice day!

Fairly simple overall as you noted, but a lot of thought went into it and it's very well-executed and pleasing to watch.  Love just adding additional hopper cars to increase capacity.  Great build!  :classic: