Sign in to follow this  
Capt Wolf

[PA CUP - Cat B - Class 3] Aqua Fina - Not Bluebeard's Ship

The types of ships racing in the waters off of Alexport in the first PA Cup sported designs that were fast and maneuverable, and well suited for coastal waters. In essence, it was the finest collection of small pirate craft assembled in one place in the Brick Seas for some time. And surely some of the pirates of the Brick Seas would make their way to survey the designs, and perhaps even to compete.

The latest entry has many people speculating that the pirate Bluebeard has taken an interest in the PA Cup...

01side-high.jpg

... but the captain of the Aqua Fina claims otherwise.

We report here the comments of the captain:

capt.jpg

"I don't understand why people seem to think this ship has any connection to Bluebeard. ("Get that flag stowed away!") This is simply a ship of Oleon origins, nothing more. Bluebeard is not the owner, sponsor, backer, or has any financial interest in this ship. And everyone knows that his ships always have the color 'blue' in the name, which the Aqua Fina clearly does not.

"Furthermore, this ship is totally unsuited to piracy. Sure, the square-rigged mainmast gives it good range, with a rating of 3, and the fore-and-aft rigged staysail at the bow and the lateen sail on the mizzenmast make it very nimble, with a maneuver rating of 5, but that performance simply allows it to outrun pirates. Its firepower is practically non-existent with a rating of 0, and the muskets on the fo'c'sle rail could never be upgraded to swivel guns, and it would be foolhardy to bring any cannon aboard to raise that rating to, say, 2. The crew rating of this vessel is just 1, as packing more crew in and raising that rating to 2, for boarding actions for example, would just take away from the cargo space of this fine coastal raider, er, I mean trader. Cargo space would be rated at a 5, which would be dropped to something like a 2 if you crammed crew and guns onto this ship -- totally unacceptable! And finally, the hull is rated at only a 1, as it would need additional internal bracing for added strength, which would take away from the cargo space.

"Oh, and my eye patch? That's not the result of any violence at sea. I lost me eye in a freak tiddlywinks accident."

Thanks for clearing that up, captain. :pir-grin:

---

To sum up:

-As a coastal trader: R3 M5 F0 C1 $5 H1

-As a pirate vessel: R3 M5 F2 C2 $1 H2

-Tiddlywinks is a dangerous game.

---

Additional views:

Spoiler

angle-high.jpg

midship.jpg

side-low.jpg

The ragged sail sells this ship!  Great colors on the hull too.  And I love how fun it looks to play with!

18 hours ago, Kai NRG said:

The ragged sail sells this ship!  Great colors on the hull too.  And I love how fun it looks to play with!

Thanks. I've wanted to use those sails for a long time. And it is a very playable ship, but to make it even more so, I should've made the quarterdeck removable. As it is now, a minifig can get a bit stuck in the aft storage!

On 5/7/2019 at 1:47 AM, Capt Wolf said:

-Tiddlywinks is a dangerous game.

:roflmao:

Really really beautiful. It has the "cartoonisly" look. I love it completely. It looks very smooth and both harsh at the same time. You get what I mean :drunk:

Aqua Fina wins race #1 in the class 3 competition of the PA Cup!

Nice transition between the blue and black stripes, but the Jolly Roger is too obvious to be ignored, and that captain is even wearing a eye-patch.:pir_laugh2:

1 hour ago, Bodi said:

and that captain is even wearing a eye-patch.:pir_laugh2:

It was a tiddlywinks accident! Why doesn't anybody believe me? :pir-grin: