Hinckley

The Forest 3 Mafia Day Four—Enough Already

Stop! Hammer time!

Vote: Caldwell Crocodile

Caldwell has been receiving votes from day one for various reasons. Some from confirmed townies, some from others.it is time to lay mr ham sandwich to rest. 

Vote tally

Caldwell Crocodile: 4 (Leevi Lion, Ember Elephant, Bennett Bulldog, Haydn Hippo)

With 7 players left, it take 4 votes to lynch. As it currently stands, Caldwell Crocodile will be lynched. There are 41.5 hours left in Day Four.

1 hour ago, Hinckley said:

12 minutes ago, Haydn Hippo said:

Now we are getting somewhere.

Caldwell, please let us know why you chose those targets.

Also, is there anyway to differentiate a villager vigilante from a neutral serial killer (or from a scum posing as one of the other?)

With three nights, and two possible scum recruitments, that reveals at least one successful blocked kill. No one has claimed blocker and provided their targets. 

1 hour ago, Caldwell Crocodile said:

Anyways I have three votes and a fourth will definitely come from Brewer so I'm gonna claim vig.

Night one: Braxton

Night two: Pascha

Night three: Ronan

Scrap that, it was Haydn lol.

In a small village like this why would you be killing so judiciously? You’re 0/3 if you are who you say you are. 

Zealously was the word I was looking for. Not judiciously. That would imply good judgement.

The thing that’s bothering me the most is if Caldwell is the vig I think we can assume scum teams kill on alternating nights. That means Monsters went last night to kill Gracie and Hellions would have killed Pierrot, but I don’t understand why Hellions would go after Pierrot when he was advertising himself as anti-Monster. 

2 hours ago, Caldwell Crocodile said:

Anyways I have three votes and a fourth will definitely come from Brewer so I'm gonna claim vig.

Any reasons for these particular kills? 

Oh wait, did I forget to mention I am the town blocker? 

Night 1 I blocked Braxton due to my suspicious on the previous day.

Night 2 I blocked Ember Elephant for the same reason. 

Night 3 I blocked Caldwell.... For the same reason. 

All of my blocks proved too be successful. So if my night 3 block proved to be successful then why or why was Ronan killed last night? Did one of your scummy friends commit the act? I think it is very possible. 

*applauds*

ooh this is fun. 

So, at no point did the claimed blocker block myrtle. Her action failed against Bennett for some other reason.

Presumably either Brewer is lying, or Caldwell is.

and Bennett, where do you pull alternating kills from? What have you got that supports that theory?

Who is our inventor? Did they really give a gift to Bennett? Why?

who else got gifts?

I am not and have not for the record

Just now, Haydn Hippo said:

and Bennett, where do you pull alternating kills from? What have you got that supports that theory?

Just that we haven’t seen more than 2 in a night and it’s meta but I think 3 kills a night in a small game would be too high. 

However if Caldwell is lying about being the vig (which in light of brewers claim seems likely) that theory doesn’t have much weight.

034.jpg

035.jpg

036.jpg

037.jpg

038.jpg

Vote tally

Caldwell Crocodile: 5 (Leevi Lion, Ember Elephant, Bennett Bulldog, Haydn Hippo, Brewer Bunny)

With 7 players left, it take 4 votes to lynch. As it currently stands, Caldwell Crocodile will be lynched. There are approximately 38 hours left in Day Four.

4 hours ago, Hinckley said:

1 hour ago, Brewer Bunny said:

2 hours ago, Brewer Bunny said:

All of my blocks proved too be successful. So if my night 3 block proved to be successful then why or why was Ronan killed last night? Did one of your scummy friends commit the act? I think it is very possible. 

Now this is interesting. This indicates either one of you is lying here. However do we have any evidence to support that Brewer is a blocker? Otheriwse I’m going to Vote: Caldwell Crocodile

1 hour ago, Bennett Bulldog said:

Then who blocked Myrtle? :wacko:

Myrtle appeared to be blocked by a day blocker since her action had been day modified where as Brewer’s role appears to be that of a night block. 

9 hours ago, Leevi Lion said:

I'm not at all sure there isn't a monster between them.  I actually think there is and have an opinion on which one, I just don't think that they're both monsters.

Point taken. I jumped the gun on what I’d read. 

Vote: Brewer Bunny

If your claiming to have blocked me last night, then I know your scum.

Still not answering the question of why did you kill the animals you did. I am particularly interested on your claimed kill on Pascha. 

Vote tally

Caldwell Crocodile: 6 (Leevi Lion, Ember Elephant, Bennett Bulldog, Haydn Hippo, Brewer Bunny, Whitby Walrus)
Brewer Bunny: 1 (Caldwell Crocodile)

With 7 players left, it take 4 votes to lynch. As it currently stands, Caldwell Crocodile will be lynched. There are approximately 29 hours left in Day Four.

9 hours ago, Hinckley said:

8 hours ago, Whitby Walrus said:

Vote: Brewer Bunny

20 hours ago, Ember Elephant said:

I support this lynch one hundred percent. Make of it what you will, but Caldwell's alignment will tell us a bit about other people in the village.

Who, in particular, do you think it will help us know more about?

16 hours ago, Haydn Hippo said:

Stop! Hammer time!

Caldwell has been receiving votes from day one for various reasons. Some from confirmed townies, some from others.it is time to lay mr ham sandwich to rest. 

It's interesting that you remember Caldwell got a vote on Day 1.  That vote was unvoted and no one who has been posting vote summaries has included the unvotes in them.  I mean, that Day 1 vote was kind of a throwaway vote for the Ham Sandwich comment...

Shoot, now you're making me hungry.

16 hours ago, Caldwell Crocodile said:

Since you haven't explained these, yet, I'll ask again.  Why Pascha and Ronan?  Too bad you didn't kill Gracie...

14 hours ago, Haydn Hippo said:

Also, is there anyway to differentiate a villager vigilante from a neutral serial killer (or from a scum posing as one of the other?)

With three nights, and two possible scum recruitments, that reveals at least one successful blocked kill. No one has claimed blocker and provided their targets. 

You can differentiate killer alignment by... killing them and finding out their alignment!  Helpful, I know...  Or if they happen to kill someone of the opposite team, but since we haven't had that from Caldwell, it's not a good track record.  We know he's not a monster because if he was, he would've claimed Gracie's kill.  Of course, I led this off by saying I thought he was Hellion, and so far, the claim doesn't disprove that.  If he's Hellion, he can't claim Gracie's kill in the event that there really is a vig or the monsters counter claim.  If he's the Vig, he's telling the truth.

13 hours ago, Bennett Bulldog said:

The thing that’s bothering me the most is if Caldwell is the vig I think we can assume scum teams kill on alternating nights. That means Monsters went last night to kill Gracie and Hellions would have killed Pierrot, but I don’t understand why Hellions would go after Pierrot when he was advertising himself as anti-Monster. 

Yeah, the alternate night kills is the most likely if Caldwell is telling the truth.  The only reason I can think of is that the Hellions were in Pierot's anti-Monster group and didn't like his line of thinking on things.

13 hours ago, Brewer Bunny said:

I approve of these blocks.

12 hours ago, Bennett Bulldog said:

Then who blocked Myrtle? :wacko:

One of the mafia teams most likely.  Maybe that's the answer to what the mafia teams do on nights when they can't kill.

12 hours ago, Haydn Hippo said:

*applauds*

ooh this is fun. 

So, at no point did the claimed blocker block myrtle. Her action failed against Bennett for some other reason.

Presumably either Brewer is lying, or Caldwell is.

Assuming Brewer is telling the truth, then Myrtle was blocked by scum.  I can't remember the last time a group of mafiosi came into one of these situations without bringing some form of blocker along with them.

Haydn, who are you inclined to believe?  Brewer or Caldwell?

12 hours ago, Bennett Bulldog said:

Just that we haven’t seen more than 2 in a night and it’s meta but I think 3 kills a night in a small game would be too high. 

However if Caldwell is lying about being the vig (which in light of brewers claim seems likely) that theory doesn’t have much weight.

I also think the 3 kills a night is too high.

I suppose the other option, that we haven't thrown out yet, is that Caldwell is actually an unblockable SK and there is no vig.  That would fit the alternating night kill theories, but I'm not sure how Brewer would receive feedback for such a thing.  Would Brewer be told successful if he wasn't prevented from using his block even if the block had no effect?

10 hours ago, Whitby Walrus said:

Now this is interesting. This indicates either one of you is lying here. However do we have any evidence to support that Brewer is a blocker? Otheriwse I’m going to Vote: Caldwell Crocodile

Myrtle appeared to be blocked by a day blocker since her action had been day modified where as Brewer’s role appears to be that of a night block. 

I don't think there's a day blocker.  That's too specific.  I think a successful block just prevents the target from using their action, even if it happens the following day.  The important thing is that Myrtle was blocked and either Brewer is lying about blocking Myrtle or someone else did it.

Or, you know, instead of throwing in the towel you could take the time to  explain your reasoning on who you chose to kill and why...

And if you are telling the truth we lynch Brewer tomorrow. Town is far from “screwed” and it might be better to lose a trigger-happy vigilante...

039.jpg

040.jpg

Vote tally

Caldwell Crocodile: 6 (Leevi Lion, Ember Elephant, Bennett Bulldog, Haydn Hippo, Brewer Bunny, Whitby Walrus)

With 7 players left, it take 4 votes to lynch. As it currently stands, Caldwell Crocodile will be lynched. There are 24.5 hours left in Day Four.

5 minutes ago, Caldwell Crocodile said:

Ha Ha get Rick Rolled now you gotta unvote it's in the rules.

Pernilla better unvote!

Care to share any thoughts on who we ought to be particularly wary of aside from Brewer?

19 hours ago, Caldwell Crocodile said:

16 hours ago, Brewer Bunny said:

Why don't we all come out and just start claiming nonsense. I'm the doctor! No, wait, I'm the watcher. No, I'm the rolecop! You have to believe me, I said it in thread. I can't be lying. We're meant to believe that one of the scum teams doesn't have a killer and therefore there's a vigilante? There's seven of us left. I'm town, I think Bennett is town. That means that if the scum had the same recruitment ability that our mason..ry...had, it means that there were three scum on each team, provided they were both able to recruit by the time that Huxley was lynched and Gracie died. That leaves two scum on each team, or four scum in total.

If Bennett and I are town, that leaves one more townie out there (potentially, using some logic that might be totally wrong) If the scum didn't recruit that means there's two scum left on each team and five town. In a game such as this with the 15 players we started with, I'm of the mind that the scum are able to recruit. If Bennett isn't town, then I guess that's egg on my face. But everyone here can't be town. The problem for them is that both scum teams need to work with the town in order to win, and then get rid of the town. 

1 hour ago, Hinckley said:

Vote tally

With 7 players left, it take 4 votes to lynch. As it currently stands, Caldwell Crocodile will be lynched. There are 24.5 hours left in Day Four.

So who does that leave to be scum out of that list of six? Besides Caldwell. 

Now, everyone go ahead and claim town and claim whatever role that you probably don't have so some people are hesitant to lynch you. I'm mason vanilla so I'm willing to bet that Bennett is also vanilla since we both have the same role. That leaves, with my possible logic, one townie out there. We can't all be town or else the game would be over, obviously. 

You know what, screw it. I'm hellion, and it's in the hellion's and town's best interest that a monster member is killed soon as well if I am to die, otherwise we and town are fucked. At the moment there are four scum and three town. 

Let me give you a little push in the right direction. One of the anti hellion masons, Ember or Bennett, is very possibly scum because one of my teammates was/is/not-telling a anti monster mason alongside the Parrot.  If my teammate and a townie dies in the tonight then the monsters win. Make your block count Brewer. 

47 minutes ago, Caldwell Crocodile said:

Let me give you a little push in the right direction. One of the anti hellion masons, Ember or Bennett, is very possibly scum because one of my teammates was/is/not-telling a anti monster mason alongside the Parrot. 

So you’re saying one of Ember or I have to be scum because Pierrot’s partner was scum. 

That’s not how masonries work. 

I know I’m town and I’m fairly confident Ember is too.

I’m vanilla mason. Except I used a protection action because our mystery second inventor gave it to me. 

21 minutes ago, Bennett Bulldog said:

So you’re saying one of Ember or I have to be scum because Pierrot’s partner was scum. 

That’s not how masonries work. 

I know I’m town and I’m fairly confident Ember is too.

I’m vanilla mason. Except I used a protection action because our mystery second inventor gave it to me. 

Covering your bases early.