Great work, I also like compact building like in your model.

Heres a tip for making small suspention/drive/steering units: you can suport a CV joint using the following part: 41680

it allows the CV joint to smoothly be driven while still being supported.

Only downside is that it has a 0.5L lip under the pin so its a little hard to mount.

Regards, Snipe

10 hours ago, SNIPE said:

Great work, I also like compact building like in your model.

Heres a tip for making small suspention/drive/steering units: you can suport a CV joint using the following part: 41680

it allows the CV joint to smoothly be driven while still being supported.

Only downside is that it has a 0.5L lip under the pin so its a little hard to mount.

Thanks for the tip! I will take a look at it:thumbup:

Update on the bodywork:

20190610_171307.jpg

I basically spent the entire weekend building. I know I'm weird:grin:. This time went up in de design of the bonnet, but I am still not satisfied. There is something 'wrong' with the shape of the front but I can't figure out what causes the awkward look (especially from the front-side view). 

20190610_171351.jpg

The roof will obviously be built in white as well, but I don't have those panels in white. 

20190610_171509.jpg

I know that the body part in front of the door is messy, but it is just some experimental building to fill the ugly gap.

20190610_171532.jpg

I do realy like the look from above, because the lines flow very well. Especially the black soft axle with the panels on the bonnet.

I hope to get some feedback on the bodywork. Perhabs someone here can spot the design mistake in the front. 

Update: 

20190622_100234.jpg

I have made some progress on the bodywork. the front looks better than before. I also got advice to switch the wite wedge plate, on which the headlights are placed, to a black one. IMO it looks a lot sharper, but I am not satisfied with the lights itself. 

20190622_100309.jpg

Sadly though, the bonnet can't be opened, but there is'n anything interesting underneath it so it is not that bad.

20190622_100353.jpg

Am I not sure about the fenders yet. They don't look that 'round'. The 14L flex axle would look perfect, but that part is too expensive to use and 16L is not available in white. Does anyone have a suggestion here? I also placed the fenders a half stud closer to the wheels and it looks much better.

20190622_100414.jpg

Finally, I made a mayor decision regarding the axles. I decided it would be best to have differentials anyways, beceause the cornering performance was just to bad on smooth surfaces. I had to give up the suspension for this :cry_sad:. When I started this project I realy did not expect that diffs would play such big role at this scale, but I learned my lesson - the hard way. 

20190622_100445.jpg

Have a great day!

For your fender problem: perhaps make that a different colour with cheap 14L soft axles and have that colour run from the front to back of the car (so the line under the door in that colour as well). I like it full white, but a little bit of a 2-colour scheme like this wouldn't look bad I think. 

On 6/22/2019 at 10:46 AM, Appie said:

For your fender problem: perhaps make that a different colour with cheap 14L soft axles and have that colour run from the front to back of the car (so the line under the door in that colour as well). I like it full white, but a little bit of a 2-colour scheme like this wouldn't look bad I think. 

Thanks for your suggestion. I have tested it with flat silvere, the only collor together with lime green that is not too expensive. The reslut did not look great, so I'll leave the fenders in the way they are. 

Update:

-finished rear bodywork section

-stiffened the chassis

-openable bonnet

20190629_095645.jpg

20190629_095731.jpg

20190629_095756.jpg

I will have to order some parts to finish this car and perhabs I'll tweek some areas slightly. The final model has:

-AWD with 3 differentails - 2x L motor

-Steering - Servo motor

-4 speed seqential gearbox - Servo motor

-Ajutable seats - manually operated by 20th gear behind the seats

-Openable doors and bonnet

I hope you guys like it. I am not sure if there is demand for instructions, so let know so I can decide if it is worth the time and effort. 

have a great weekend!

If i was an audi fan, i'd definitely love some instructions. But i'd mostly be interested in the chassis. 
But it's up to you. I'm sure many people would appreciate it! 

It's amazing to watch the bodywork come alive.. I personally think that the most difficult part is body work on mocs. 

Woah, that's some intricate panelling work on the bodywork, really like those taillights and how they mix in with the curvature of the flex axle. Looking back, it is very interesting how the chassis was put together and evolved, sad to see the suspension gone, but as you said diffs are definitely more important to a good driving experience.

This is an awesome model! One question, can it shift gears while driving?

9 hours ago, syclone said:

Woah, that's some intricate panelling work on the bodywork, really like those taillights and how they mix in with the curvature of the flex axle. Looking back, it is very interesting how the chassis was put together and evolved, sad to see the suspension gone, but as you said diffs are definitely more important to a good driving experience.

Thanks for your feedback! Regarding the suspension: I cried out loud as well and I realy did not expect diffs were so important. I had to make a compromise here and I think I made the right decission.

1 hour ago, Didumos69 said:

This is an awesome model! One question, can it shift gears while driving?

Thanks! Yes it can shift gears while driving - It is very satisfying. I saw that your dual diagonal drivetrain off roader does the same thing, so you probably know what I am talking about.:wink:

Well, its finally done. And what an amazing model it has turned out to be !

I looked at all the pictures in the thread again to see the evolution ... what an amazing journey. Looking at the final beautiful bodywork, I had almost forgotten the ingenious mechanisms inside.

Thank you for sharing the model and it's creation process.

12 hours ago, T Lego said:

Thanks! Yes it can shift gears while driving - It is very satisfying. I saw that your dual diagonal drivetrain off roader does the same thing, so you probably know what I am talking about.:wink:

Even better?! I'm looking forward to seeing a video.

Very cool model, you managed to squeeze so much stuff in such a small car :thumbup: 

Just sad you had to kill the air suspension. Where would have been the problem when the Car sinks to the Ground when the battery is off? All the guys driving cars with air suspension drop them to the ground when parking somewhere :wink:

8 hours ago, Gray Gear said:

Very cool model, you managed to squeeze so much stuff in such a small car :thumbup: 

Just sad you had to kill the air suspension. Where would have been the problem when the Car sinks to the Ground when the battery is off? All the guys driving cars with air suspension drop them to the ground when parking somewhere :wink:

XD thanks! The microleaks in the cylinders probably caused the leaks and therefore the car sinks.:cry_sad:. I also used the old type, which could be a reason too. 

Hello everyone, the model is finally completed. You can check it out here: 

Thank you for your assistance during this project.