*Your entry has earned 22XP*

Factions: The Can Can

Factions: The Can Can

Mission Log from Agent Amus: Ever since battle of Endor the imperial presence on colony worlds such as Foundry has been sloppy at best. Even though the Republic has declared Foundry a member of the state, they have shown little interest in anything other than the aristocratic and political districts of the planet. In their ignorance they have ignored the real power of Foundry. The industrial underworld.

Entering the Can Can

Mission log - continued: I’ve arranged a meeting at the cantina known among the locals as the Can Can. Clever nickname for a place that is supposed to look like it is run by droids.

Can Can backroom

Mission log - continued: My intel suggests another individual is running the place. Running most of the underworld on Foundry actually.

Inside the Can Can

Inside the Can Can...

Inside the Can Can

When the music is playing...

Inside the Can Can

The bar has anything from blue milk to Merenzane Gold...

Inside the Can Can

Wealthy guests drinking Merenzane Gold...

Inside the Can Can

Sore looser...

Foundry Underworld

The street outside...

Foundry Underworld

Someone trying to remain anonymous...

Foundry Underworld

Staying warm in the Underworld...

Phew. I finally got to post this one - I wish I could have paid more attention to the wall-work and stuff like that, but the build just took way too much time - and I wanted to move on. The diagonal walls was a real challenge - but cramping loads of details in this one was really fun... Let me know what you think! Below is a little peak behind the scenes, and close-ups...

Spoiler

A short introduction to some of the guests and patrons of the Can Can:

Figbarf: Guests and Patrons of the Can Can

From left to right:

Male ugnaught, male íktotchi, male klatooinian: These three fellas are workers from one of the many droid factories on Foundry. Most days they come directly from the assembly line to Can Can to blow off steam, before heading home.

Male zabrak: Judging by his outfit, this mysterious Zabrak is not from the underworld. Whenever wealthy individuals make their way to Can Can, they need something. Or someone.

Zenna, female mirialan smuggler: Zenna is one of the regulars on Can Can, and a highly regarded cargo pilot and smuggler. She is well known for her temper and holds the Can Can record for breaking limbs on indiscreet suitors.

Djola, female zeltron: Djola is a patron and barkeep, and the only organic staff member at the Can Can, besides dancers and entertainers. Her charms and respect can diffuse the most tense situations. She is one of the most important individuals to the cantina, even though the owner of Can Can has little faith in organic beings.

Figbarf: Guests and Patrons of the Can Can

From left to right:

Male human bounty hunter: This mysterious bounty hunter is only known under the alias “the Sling” - earned by being one of the the best gunslingers in the galaxy. And to be fair, if you are a well known bounty hunter - maybe you are not doing that good of a job.

Djina, female zeltron bouty hunter: Djina is the twin sister of Djola (the patron of Can Can). Djina has best been described as the new generation Aura Sing. That pretty much sums it up.

Captain Augost, male twi’lek: Captain Augost is another regular at the Can Can. He is rumored to be an old space pirate with death sentences on several outer rim worlds.

Female zeltron: Another newcomer to the Can Can crowd. Another wealthy offworlder looking for something or someone.

Vakál, male human: Vakál is a notorious con man and a known face in the Can Can crowd. Rumor has it that he pulled of the legendary Heist of Scipio.

1280x960.jpg

The speeder parked in front of the cantina. I was inspired by the speeders from the video game Jedi Knight Academy...

1280x960.jpg

The "food truck" - my wife suggested that my scum and villainy needed somewhere to eat - and what better than streetfood?!

1280x960.jpg

Sliding window...

1280x960.jpg

The chef...

1280x960.jpg

The entrance to the cantina...

1280x960.jpg

Hungry Foundryans...

1280x960.jpg

The backside...

1280x960.jpg

Cantina backroom...

1280x960.jpg

Mastermind...?

1920x1440.jpg

Another view inside the cantina...

1920x1280.jpg

Another...

Wow :drool: this is an awesome build, yup lots of detail and your photography is on point, great job

I'm speechless.

Everything in it is amazing, from the lights to the greebles and figs.

How much time did you spended on this ?

Thanks guys - I really appreciate the comments!

@Nicotoa Phew - I think I have been on and off for two months...

4 minutes ago, goatman461 said:

nice, do you have any shots of how you did your lighting? great job on the details, as always

Thanks! All lighting was done in photoshop. :blush:

Warg !!! This one is incredible... so much stuff, so much details, so much minifigs!!

The droid shell as a can with fire inside for the burglars : :thumbup:

The speeder is awesome !

Wonderful built !

3 hours ago, Darth Bjorn said:

Thanks! All lighting was done in photoshop. :blush:

If you could told me how you proceeded with photosop, I will be pleased and likely to reuse this technic

This looks amazing! The attention to detail is very nice! The sign at the front is built well!

This is beautiful. The fig combos are very well done. I love the musicians, the bar, and the outside streets. Everything is so we'll done.

Gorgeous! extremely gorgeous! even I saw your sketch before, can't help feeling shock by this MOC's details and final light effects

Thank you guys!! :excited:

@Professor Thaum It's just colored shapes with a feathered or blurred edge, and then just applying transparency and the 'overlay' effect to the individual layers. I'll see of I can find a tutorial or get around to make one myself.

If you haven't translated the signs already the blue one says: The Tin Can Cantina, and the green one says: Organic Flesh:rofl:

Great build! Full of interesting details and a lot of characters. The street captures very well the atmosphere of SW. The post-production lighting is quite nice too.

A bit late, but this awesome! That neon sign is amazing! To echo above the crowded atmosphere works really well here. 

Oh man, beast! Very good pictures, I almost considered having some as screensaver to my pc or something. Awsome build.