Sign in to follow this  
MKJoshA

Episode II: The Nine Vigos

1280x1028.jpg

Savan stands in her Coruscant office reflecting on where fate has brought her. In charge of what is arguably the biggest crime syndicate in the galaxy, she is one of the most powerful beings alive. But how did it come to this? There was a time when Black Sun was an almost unknown entity. Certainly not one that drew respect wherever its members went. 

Back when Jedi and Sith fought across the stars...

800x729.jpg

Back when the 9 Vigos were just beginning to cut their teeth on crime operations. They scattered across the galaxy to make a name for themselves. Savan reflected on that history and realized the old Vigos might have done more than just build a reputation for themselves. Perhaps they also stored treasures at their bases. With rumors of Jedi Holocrons resurfacing, maybe she could find one in the old Vigo's hideouts.

But where were those? It was time for her to do more research.

Contest Specifics:

• This will be a "seed part" challenge. You are allowed to enter up to 3 times but only once per seed part. That means you can choose up to 3 different seed parts for up to 3 different entries.
  • Entries for this contest should be set during the Old Republic Era. Jedi and Sith are encouraged to be present but are not required. 
  • You must follow the general rules for where you are allowed to build to receive XP/IP for your team. You are allowed to use any planet or location within those guidelines for your entries. If you submit more than 1 entry, they may be on the same planet or different planets.
  • For each seed part you choose, you will also have the opportunity to gain IP on the planet it's associated with. For example, a member of CorSec can build on Corellia for his/her first entry. If they pick Seed Part #1, they can also earn IP for their team on Planet #1. They will still earn the normal XP/IP on Corellia as well.

Seed Parts and Planets:

L3 - Sernpidal - 57028c01.t1.png

Q5 - Feena - 30359b.t1.png - any gray color allowed

U7 - Baros - Part No: 3878  Name: Minifigure, Headgear Hat, Top Hat

U12 - Teth - 4081b.t1.png

S15 - Molavar - 15403.t1.png

O19 - Svivren - 6254.t1.png

I18 - Lipsec - Part No: 2432  Name: Tile, Modified 1 x 2 with Handle

I16 - Cerea - 2536a.t1.png - any shade allowed

J6 - Keitum - 4495a.t1.png - any color allowed

The Rules:

• Portray a scene from the Old Republic Era on a planet your faction has access to. You must use one of the 9 seed parts. Only 1 seed part per entry is allowed for judging purposes. But you are allowed to use other seed parts as standard parts.
  • All entries must be posted as a new topic in the Factions subforum, the title prefixed by, "[Factions Ep. 2]". You must also include the regular tagging in the usual format: [Sector - Planet - Faction]. I.E. [M10 - Kuat - TCR].
  • All entries must be entered using this formLink to Submittal Form
  • All rules in the Core Rules topic apply unless otherwise stated in this explanation or the rules above.
  • There are no restrictions on the size/form/content of the builds, as long as they follow the above described goals.
  • The Episode will run from May 3rd to Jun 30th. As long as it is still Jun 30th somewhere in the world, you can still enter. 
  • Entries posted after the deadline will be disqualified from the episode and will not be eligible to receive points or XP.
  • Entries will be judged according to the following rules:
    • Your build can earn up to 50 points.
    • The amount of points you earn is also the amount of XP your character earns.
    • IP will can be earned from entries for this contest if the build follows the normal IP rules.
  • The player with the highest scored build using a particular seed part will win control of that seed part. The faction that controls the most seed parts will be the Winning Faction.
    • If there is a tie between builds for a particular seed part, control of the seed part will go to the faction with the highest cumulative XP for that seed part (regardless of which factions were initially tied).
    • If there is a tie between factions for control of the most seed parts, the faction with the highest cumulative XP on all of their winning seed part entries will be the Winning Faction (regardless of which factions were initially tied).
  • This episode/contest is open to all players of Factions, even if they joined EB or signed up for the game after the episode has begun, with the exception of the Star Wars staff, who are not eligible to win XP or prizes; the EB admins and moderators, who are not eligible to win prizes but may earn XP; and the episode host, who is not eligible to win prizes but may earn XP.
  • All entries must be new creations, not posted anywhere else prior to the start date of this episode. You can use creations for this contest in other forums or contests, but it should not have been displayed before the start date for this contest. You may be asked by a staff member to change your entry if it is too similar to an earlier creation.
  • HINT: If you enter the Lego IDEAS Star Wars contest you can use it in this contest as well as long as you haven't posted it before this contest's start date. Same applies for the May the 4th EB contest.
  • All entries must be built from real LEGO or with Lego Digital Designer.
  • Post pictures no larger than 1024x768, as specified in the EB Member Guidelines.
  • You may do a 'full-blown photo edit' with all the text, effects, background compositing, support erasing, and other effects on one picture. All your other pictures may have no editing other than color adjustment or background removal for a solid-color background. For obvious reasons, any photo editing that changes the shape, functionality, or color (not tint or adjustment, but actual color) of a LEGO piece is prohibited,.
  • All entries are considered WIPs (Works In Progress) until the deadline passes. Until the deadline has passed, you are allowed to change and improve your MOC.

The Prizes:

• One of the 9 planets is home to another Holocron. If your team gains 25 or more IP on that planet they will be PM'd that intel.
  • You will receive XP equal to the number of points you are awarded from the judges.
  • Your faction will receive IP on your posted planet if your MOC is eligible for them. They will also receive IP on the seed part planet if they earn 25 IP on that planet or more. Otherwise the IP on the seed part planet will disappear after this contest. The Winning Faction will keep any IP earned on the seed part planets, regardless of the 25 IP threshold.

Per the note of " Post pictures no larger than 1024x768 ", is it mean, I would upload whatever size toward Flickr, but only quote size less than 1024x768 or 768x1024 in the post here?

Edited by JoeChu1980

Does it mean we can use multiple seed parts in a single build ? Or we are limited to only 1 single seed part ?

For example, U7 Baros, Can I use multiple Top hats, or am I limited to only one ?

@Nicotoa I think this is similar to the ABS builder challenge on Flickr. You can (and possibly should) use the Seed part multiple times, in creative ways. 

@MKJoshA Can you confirm or deny that extra points may be awarded for creative use of the seed part?

About the flag piece, I know TLG produced two versions of it.

One who waves to the right, and one who wave to the left.

Ar we limited to only the most recent one (right wave), or we can use both versions ?

9 hours ago, JoeChu1980 said:

Per the note of " Post pictures no larger than 1024x768 ", is it mean, I would upload whatever size toward Flickr, but only quote size less than 1024x768 or 768x1024 in the post here?

That is a standard rule for EB. You can upload the full photo anywhere you want. But when you embed it here on Eurobricks, please use 1024x768 or smaller to not eat up too much space on the site.

7 hours ago, Nicotoa said:

Does it mean we can use multiple seed parts in a single build ? Or we are limited to only 1 single seed part ?

For example, U7 Baros, Can I use multiple Top hats, or am I limited to only one ?

Please use multiples of the seed part! The more top hats used in unique ways the better the score!

7 hours ago, Ross Fisher said:

@Nicotoa I think this is similar to the ABS builder challenge on Flickr. You can (and possibly should) use the Seed part multiple times, in creative ways. 

@MKJoshA Can you confirm or deny that extra points may be awarded for creative use of the seed part?

Exactly right!

28 minutes ago, Nicotoa said:

About the flag piece, I know TLG produced two versions of it.

One who waves to the right, and one who wave to the left.

Ar we limited to only the most recent one (right wave), or we can use both versions ?

Either version is fine. And you are allowed to use both if you want. I should specific, the intention on the "any color" choices is to pick 1 color and then use that one. So if you pick yellow for the flag, the intention is to use only yellow flags as the seed. That was just my idea though as I wrote the rules. If there are enough votes the other way I'm fine changing.

23 hours ago, MKJoshA said:

Portray a scene from the Old Republic Era

I should probably be sure to focus on this part. We're the Clone Wars part of the Old Republic era, or did they come after? My character is too young to remember the Old Republic.

About the stud shooter seed part, does it have to be without the dark gray piece ?

5 hours ago, Nicotoa said:

About the stud shooter seed part, does it have to be without the dark gray piece ?

either way

7 hours ago, Ross Fisher said:

I should probably be sure to focus on this part. We're the Clone Wars part of the Old Republic era, or did they come after? My character is too young to remember the Old Republic.

The idea is to not use your character for this contest. You can use you character to reference something, but it's the Old Republic Era long before the Clone Wars.

1 hour ago, MKJoshA said:

The idea is to not use your character for this contest. You can use you character to reference something, but it's the Old Republic Era long before the Clone Wars.

Guess all this time playing SWTOR will be usefull here :head_back:

7 hours ago, MKJoshA said:

The idea is to not use your character for this contest.

Thanks for the clarification.

Contest is now closed! We'll get started on voting and keep you updated. Keep your eyes on this forum, we have some other game announcements coming very soon.

Scores are in and posted to the top of each entry. 

Seed Parts and Planets:

L3 - Sernpidal - 57028c01.t1.png - won by the Confederacy of Free Systems with 18 XP 

Q5 - Feena - 30359b.t1.png - won by the Confederacy of Free Systems with 18 XP 

U7 - Baros - Part No: 3878  Name: Minifigure, Headgear Hat, Top Hat - won by CorSec with 13 XP 

U12 - Teth - 4081b.t1.png - won by the Mining Guild with 8 XP 

S15 - Molavar - 15403.t1.png - won by the Mining Guild with 22 XP 

O19 - Svivren - 6254.t1.png- won by the Black Sun with 15 XP

I18 - Lipsec - Part No: 2432  Name: Tile, Modified 1 x 2 with Handle- won by CorSec with 18 XP 

I16 - Cerea - 2536a.t1.png - won by the Black Sun with 11 XP 

J6 - Keitum - 4495a.t1.png - won by the Confederacy of Free Systems with 20 XP 

Contest Outcome:

• Winning three seed parts, the Confederacy of Free Systems wins Episode 2.
  • XP on the CFS's seed part planets will be converted to IP. 
  • The Commenor Remnant will keep 31 IP on S15 - Molavar.
  • The Mining Guild will keep 30 IP on S15 - Molavar.
  • All other XP on seed part planets will not convert to IP.
  • Thank you to everybody that posted builds. There were 13 original builds from 5 factions. 
  • Stay tuned for some significant changes to Factions, including Faction Leader requirements and planet access for IP revisions. 
Edited by goatman461