Sign in to follow this  
Bodi

[P.A. CUP - CAT. B] Class 2 Idol

A bit late to participate in the race, the Oleanders still managed to send a second team and a fast boat freshly bought from the Eltina shipyard.

15568459021_DISPLAY.jpg

Crewed by experienced sailors.

15568459044_DISPLAY.jpg

15568459032_DISPLAY.jpg

Range: 3  Maneuvre:6  Firepower: 0  Crew - 1  Cargo: 1  Hull: 1  Total: 12

Great ship.
Nice hull, that will be a fast vessel.

Only thing that looks odd, is the jib being bigger than the gaff. Maybe you could extend the gaff and the boom a bit and/or reduce the size of the jib or split it in two.

Always unhappy that I'm not able to get a bigger version of your images:) There is a lot to see.

Really nice (and fast) ship! Hull and mast are top notch! Also the Oleander sailors and their captain do look magnificent!

Edited by blackdeathgr

On 5/3/2019 at 3:18 PM, Wellesley said:

Great ship.
Nice hull, that will be a fast vessel.

Only thing that looks odd, is the jib being bigger than the gaff. Maybe you could extend the gaff and the boom a bit and/or reduce the size of the jib or split it in two.

Always unhappy that I'm not able to get a bigger version of your images:) There is a lot to see.

Indeed, the jib should be smaller, thanks for pointing it out, I tend to opt for the first solution, reduce its size.

And I'll take some larger photos when it's done.

On 5/3/2019 at 5:41 PM, Professor Thaum said:

I like this ship, that's a pretty well curved hull !

special mention to the sailors and the captain, the minifigs are really well chosen

Thanks Thaum, I'm happy with the crew too, they are all wearing striped shirt and sailor caps, and they all got moustaches.:head_back:

On 5/4/2019 at 5:27 AM, blackdeathgr said:

Really nice (and fast) ship! Hull and mast are top notch! Also the Oleander sailors and their captain do look magnificent!

Thanks BD, glad you like them.

21 hours ago, Captain Braunsfeld said:

Quite good!

Oh, sorry, I am German. I need to say something like "not bad" ...  :pir-grin:

I prefer the first reaction.:laugh:

Very nice looking ship, and I agree over the minifigs: they add a lot to the build. I like the the "rowing gaps" - not sure if it has a name) also in the hull. Overall very neat

On 5/5/2019 at 5:17 PM, Fraunces said:

Very nice looking ship, and I agree over the minifigs: they add a lot to the build. I like the the "rowing gaps" - not sure if it has a name) also in the hull. Overall very neat

Thank you Fraunces. 

You are right, these gaps are effectively cut for rowing, and they may also serve as gunports in case of need, I've noticed some of the race boats are armed.:devil: