eurotrash

MOC: The Walrus explorer....

MOC : The Walrus Explorer leaves the farewell party in a kayak

I was messing around with a Penguin design for a couple of days then had this bizarre image of a walrus in a kayak.  I knew I had to build the two together.

40791884133_ce06d15735_b.jpg

More stuff and nonsense on Flickr

https://www.flickr.com/photos/eurotrash48903/

Well, I'm glad to see he has a life jacket and a map. That's one well-prepared walrus.

1 hour ago, eurotrash said:

I was messing around with a Penguin design for a couple of days then had this bizarre image of a walrus in a kayak.  I knew I had to build the two together.

This thought process combined with the limitless potential of Lego is what makes building so great. Fantastic design throughout, every element is so well done, very fun and combines to form a hilarious scene. Awesome MOC.

23 hours ago, Retro said:

Well, I'm glad to see he has a life jacket and a map. That's one well-prepared walrus.

I had a choice to either go and build a 'Be-prepared, ex-boy scout' type of Walrus explorer or a 'Hold-my-beer-and-watch-this' one.  :)

22 hours ago, koalayummies said:

This thought process combined with the limitless potential of Lego is what makes building so great. Fantastic design throughout, every element is so well done, very fun and combines to form a hilarious scene. Awesome MOC.

Thanks for the kind words.  I had a fun building it.

18 hours ago, Johnny1360 said:

Ha love it, thank you for that. 

Thanks and you're very welcome.

Kowalski, report.

This reminds me of The Penguins of Madagascar cartoon that was on years ago. I used to watch it with my kids everyday. Skipper, Kowalski, Rico, and Private. 

Great build all around. Reminds me of a walrus trying to escape the zoo.

The walrus looks like a Fabuland bigfig. I'm not sure that was intentional, but it is perfect. The penguins are great too. :thumbup:

On 5/2/2019 at 9:37 PM, eurotrash said:

then had this bizarre image of a walrus in a kayak.

I mean, that’s a pretty random thought to have... :laugh: 

In all seriousness, it actually is a really good build, I especially love the penguin waiter :snicker:

On 5/20/2019 at 10:38 PM, jamie75 said:

Kowalski, report.

My immediate thought on seeing the name 'Kowalski' was the movie 'Vanishing Point'.  It's one of the finest road movies ever made and highly recommended (but please do not watch the awful remake - check out the '71 original)  :)

Thanks for all the complements!