AntocMerrick

Brick-built Corellian corvette bridge suggestions?

Hi all! Some time ago I built my version of a Corellian corvette that was based on the previous one that got released (10198). I had pieces for almost everything to be replicated , but my particular problem was replicating the  cockpit. I didn't have 4x half-cone pieces, plus I dont have any reliable Lego parts sellers in my country (Ukraine).

I wanted to create a brick-built one , but I cannot match it with the scale of the ship and make it sturdy enough. Do you guys have any suggestions/examples of a brick-built bridge for a corvette? 

Hi there, 

I built a custom UCS model of the Corvette last year and used some curved slopes and jumper plates to create the cones of the cockpit. It is quite a bit larger than the official set, so you won't be able to copy the cockpit exactly but maybe this will help you figure something out: 

Also if you're interested instructions are almost finished and will be up for sale shortly. :) 

Oh and do you have any pictures of your modified build? I'd be very interested in seeing them! :) 

2 hours ago, Kit Bricksto said:

Hi there, 

I built a custom UCS model of the Corvette last year and used some curved slopes and jumper plates to create the cones of the cockpit. It is quite a bit larger than the official set, so you won't be able to copy the cockpit exactly but maybe this will help you figure something out: 

Also if you're interested instructions are almost finished and will be up for sale shortly. :) 

Oh and do you have any pictures of your modified build? I'd be very interested in seeing them! :) 

Hello there!  I remember seeing your corvette and being amazed at how marvellous it looked. I tried to take your cockpit as a base,  but I started making the ship in fall of 2016, when I was kinda unexperienced with complex builds,  so I tried to make the design as simple as possible while trying to make the overall shape authentic. The ship doesn't look perfect since it consists of many different colors aside from the main ones,  which I am eager to fix. I'll post pics of mine shortly,  though I'm not sure I'll be able to achieve the shape you did since I don't have that many pieces.

Anyway,  a big thank you for replying! 

The corvette by mortesv might be a possibility to look at:

I thought about replacing the head  of the upcoming corvette built out of cone pieces by his brick built solution

Fuselage 4.4

But now i want to wait for KitBrickstos version because he said "soon" :)

@AntocMerrick If you don't have a lot of pieces at hand, maybe designing a cockpit in LDD would be a good idea. You could then order the parts you need specifically from Lego or Bricklink.

If I were you I'd try something using different sizes of curved slopes combined with jumper plates in a similar way that I did on my larger model. I'd say the diameter of the white ring on my docking rings would be a good place to start for a playset Tantive IV as the smallest diameter.

Maybe you could post some of your WIP-pictures here and maybe we can help you better then. :)

@MoppeW40k Indeed! I only need to add two more pages to the instructions themselves and figure out a way to create a BL-compatible parts list and then we should be good to go! But that's not really the topic of this thread.. ;)

Edited by Kit Bricksto