Sign in to follow this  
GeorgeMendes

The saddest part about revenge of the sith (IMO)

Throughout the entirety of the prequels, there is one thing between Anakin and Obi Wan that keeps occurring: Anakin drops his lightsaber and Obi Wan retrieves it and gives it back to him with some quip about never losing your lightsaber. Then, in their final battle on mustafar, when Obi wan strikes his final blow(from the high ground), you can see him pick up Anakins light saber off of the ground, signifying how he has finally given up on his Padawan. Rewatched it recently and I’m not sure why this stuck out to me, but thought I would share.

Edit: thanks for all the comments everyone, I love the discussion!

And thanks for the silver kind stranger! And holy shit gold too?!

Guess you didn't catch the word 'LEGO' before the words Star Wars when looking up this forum eh? You might find this to be a more suitable outlet: https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWars/

Given that this forum is .. you know... about Lego.... and your post isn't.

Edited by Rubblemaker

8 hours ago, Rubblemaker said:

Given that this forum is .. you know... about Lego.... and your post isn't.

Except of course this post is in the culture and media section, specifically for discussing movies and music and not... you know... Lego...

Regarding the OP, I'm afraid I'm an Original Trilogy kind of guy so I only watched the prequels once and the significance rather passed me by. Perhaps I should give them another chance.

Edit: I quite like Episodes 7 and 8 as well

Edited by ukbajadave

Ahh, I hadn’t noticed that. Not that I need a reason, but guess I’ll have rewatch it. That really does say something though. Nice catch. 

10 hours ago, ukbajadave said:

Except of course this post is in the culture and media section, specifically for discussing movies and music and not... you know... Lego...

Except of course, it was posted in the Lego Star Wars section and then moved here by a moderator (along with my reply). Sorry to burst your smug bubble.

Edited by Rubblemaker

The saddest part about Revenge of the Sith was that they wasted an entire movie on Baby Ani and Jar Jar Binks which could have been better utilised to show Anakin's *gradual* corruption and fall to the dark side. It just ends up seeming so rushed where he goes from dobbing in Palpatine to the Jedi and then a few minutes later kneeling before him calling him master.

And I thought the saddest part was when all the Jedi were getting killed off by the clone-troopers / storm- troopers. But that is probably just me.