Ninjago has been a real hit for LEGO. With 8 years of sets, numerous seasons of the TV series and a whole theatrical movie release. 2019 has had the excellent Legacy release, a rebuild of past sets and a few extras that featured in the animation.

To celebrate the exciting world of Ninjago and it's successful 8 years I present the Eurobricks Ninjago Legacy Contest!

Contest1.png.0d0b802f7219a7b1973af4d42895ee59.png

To be in with a chance of winning one of three excellent prizes:

First Place: 70670 - Monastery of Spinjitzu

70670-1.jpg?201812120846

Second Place: 70669 - Cole's Earth Driller

70669-1.jpg?201812120846

Third Place: 70668 - Jay's Storm Fighter

70668-1.jpg?201812120846

And a cool profile Tag:

cole.png jay.png kai.png lloyd.png  zane.png 

All you need to do is create your own Legacy version of any past Ninjago set or a build of something featured in the TV series.

The Contest runs from today, 1st of May until midnight 31st of May

• No minimum or maximum part or minifig limit
  • Entries should include the name of your creation and a link to the Brickset reference page of the original or a screencap of the inspiration from the Ninjago TV series 

Please also note:

1. You may continually modify and update your entries and entry posts right up until the deadline
  2. One entry per member and no recycling of old creations or MOCs already posted unless you make some significant changes
  3. Custom decals and non-LEGO string and cloth/canvas/paper are allowed. Third party commercial parts (e.g. Brickarms, Brickforge) and customised minifig parts are not allowed. 
  4. No clone brands or digital entries 
  5. No minifig limit 
  6. Post up to 3 pictures in a thread that must start with the title Legacy
  7. Judging will take place by a public vote with rules to follow in the future thread

If you have any questions and concerns then post below. 

So in short, pick a set, and modify, upgrade it, to become a legacy set?

I was really excited for this contest until I saw that no digital entries are allowed.  Oh well, perhaps next time!

41 minutes ago, kahir88 said:

So in short, pick a set, and modify, upgrade it, to become a legacy set?

Yes! That is precisely what you need to do. :classic:

4 minutes ago, TheNerdyOne_ said:

Oh well, perhaps next time!

Stay tuned, something is coming soon....:wink:

12 hours ago, Steven the toa of flight said:

can we make mini versions of sets

If you can frame it as a Legacy set, I don't see why not. 

*oh2* It's a Ninjago contest (I can't even remember when we last had one)! Niiice! Given Ninjago is my absolute favorite theme, I guess I'll have to enter, right? I have too many unfinished WIPs already, but who knows... 

We have awesome prizes :grin: You can build!

I have some more surprises for the coming weeks... 

Oooh, here's something that can't be passed up! :classic:  Count me in :thumbup:

Re this:

On 5/1/2019 at 3:28 AM, Peppermint_M said:

...Create your own Legacy version of any past Ninjago set or a build of something featured in the TV series.

I assume that it makes no real difference which of the possibilities you pick, i.e., whether the build's inspiration has been featured in a set before or not?

54 minutes ago, Garmadon said:

I assume that it makes no real difference which of the possibilities you pick, i.e., whether the build's inspiration has been featured in a set before or not?

None at all, as long as it is in the spirit of a Legacy set, it will be eligible to enter. 

54 minutes ago, Peppermint_M said:

None at all, as long as it is in the spirit of a Legacy set, it will be eligible to enter. 

We can make a fully fleshed out MOC of a location/vehicle/thing, right? Or does it have to be believable as a set to some extent?

2 hours ago, Exetrius said:

We can make a fully fleshed out MOC of a location/vehicle/thing, right? Or does it have to be believable as a set to some extent?

I'd be interested about this too. Is set style sought after? Can entry be on different than minifig (or mini) scale if the creation is still clearly of same subject than the original set? Or is it all up to voters?

I like this contest. Ninjago theme has had so many interesting and excellent set designs during its long run. I'm on trip around Europe half of the contest time but I might come up with something. At least there's lot of inspiration to begin with. Ninjago is cool.

EDIT: And an additional question: Does sets from Ninjago Movie count? Brickset for example seems to divide it as a different theme.

Edited by Pate-keetongu
additional question

I am leaving it up to voters on those counts. Really, this is our dream versions of Ninjago sets. Build cool things! Share cool MOCs!

38 minutes ago, Peppermint_M said:

I am leaving it up to voters on those counts. Really, this is our dream versions of Ninjago sets. Build cool things! Share cool MOCs!

Alright, thanks! :thumbup:

9 hours ago, Peppermint_M said:

Winners get a tag. But there will be other opportunities to earn one :wink:

Sweet! Thanks! Looking forward to having more opportunities too.

I'm definitely still joining this contest for fun!

2 hours ago, Pate-keetongu said:

Here's my entry, refurbished 9448 Samurai Mech:

Spicing up the competition, I see! :thumbup: 

I'm still working on my entry, but I should manage to finish in time... 

On 5/1/2019 at 3:28 AM, Peppermint_M said:

...until midnight 31st of May.

Just to make sure exactly how much time I've got left, I assume this means that all of Friday is open for entries and that the deadline ends at midnight between the 31st and 1st, correct?  I hope to have my entry done before then anyhow (me entering at the last minute?! :innocent: :laugh:), but it'd be handy to get some clarification just in case.  Thanks in advance!

Midnight Friday. So  between the 31st and 1st. :thumbup:

Heck, I close the thread on the morning of Saturday, so some can squeak in.