Sign in to follow this  
Peppermint_M

[MOC] Speederbike - Pippin

46827399145_d325dd0ed5_c.jpg

The Goodbury Pippin is the latest in personal transportation. Cheap to run on Purpower turbines; efficient energy with managable power! The Pippin is rated for city and country use with a maximum loft of 40 meters, it is a practical transport solution for the whole family. An adjustable rack at the back allows or cargo or a passenger. The friendly finish looks at home wherever you go. . You meet the nicest people on a Pippin!

This is my LSB Contest 2019 entry. I wanted to make something different to a racer, a daily driver was the plan. Also, I had in mind to use the scooter element in a speederbike. A little pedestrian considering the brick separator and wheelbarrow speeders but I had the Honda Cub stuck on my brain.

This advert was the influence on the aesthetic (as I have recently re-watched James May's Cars of the People).

Any comments, critiques questions? All are welcome :classic:

That's a really cute hover-Vespa you made there, Peppermint.  Good use of the LEGO scooter body, and the bucket for the primary thrusters, but I was wondering how all that attached to the body? 

10 hours ago, Laura Beinbrech said:

how all that attached to the body

2540.png

One of these :grin:

It has to be one of my favourite LEGO parts. The middle section of the bar fits to the clip on the underside of the scooter (it is used for the bucket handle "kickstand") The bley block of three layered plates in the middle of the "engine" is two of these stacked (of course, the bars face different directions). It also allowed me to use the modified lightsaber hilts and other clip elements for detailing. I made great use of the 1x1 round plates with hollow studs too.

I am playing about with making the "engine" in Studio, this one was actually transplanted from a WIP that used the red scooter. I just swapped the transparent elements from red to purple and added a Minifig binocular element to slot the "nozzle" elements in to add more detail and frame the bucket. 

Oh wow.  It looked like that 1x2 plate with a bar was the linchpin for the whole thing, but dang! 

Speaking of Studio, I'm actually in the process of downloading it right now (finally broke down because of all the parts that LDD just doesn't have at this point).  How is it for ease of use compared to LDD?

13 hours ago, Laura Beinbrech said:

How is it for ease of use compared to LDD?

It is a little easier in part, there are functions to the software that LDD didn't have. A "pan" tool being top of the list. All the colours are available in the paint pallett and a decent rendering program is tagged on. 

I still prefer real bricks though :grin: