Idris

Finger-controlled power for RC? (Speed levels controlled by the level of pushing the levers?)

What do you kindly think?

(For God’s sake I don’t think there is an already created topic for this! If there is, I am so sorry, again :sad:)

Best Regards,

Idris

There's no dedicated topic for this specific question although I'm not sure each and every question requires one, such things can easily go to e.g. the Technic General discussion topic. And I guess there's no need to write in bold all the time either :wink:

Anyway, what are you looking for exactly? For Power Functions it is already available with different solutions. You can use the great Brickcontroller 2 app (available for iOS / Android) and a compatible game controller. With this app you can control PF IR / BuWiz / SBrick / Powered Up devices with proportional levers, it only depends on the game controller you choose. For more details check out my video. Btw the SBrick app natively supports game controllers now so you can do this with that app as well.

From Lego side there's no solution for this currently, the remote they created for Powered Up is more for train control than anything else, no levers/sticks just buttons. I still hope there'll be another physical controller for the Control+ system with joysticks instead of buttons for precise proportional control. Ideally we would have a customisable controller that can be used with the hubs without the need to connect to a mobile device as a bridge.

6 hours ago, kbalage said:

There's no dedicated topic for this specific question although I'm not sure each and every question requires one, such things can easily go to e.g. the Technic General discussion topic. And I guess there's no need to write in bold all the time either :wink:

Anyway, what are you looking for exactly? For Power Functions it is already available with different solutions. You can use the great Brickcontroller 2 app (available for iOS / Android) and a compatible game controller. With this app you can control PF IR / BuWiz / SBrick / Powered Up devices with proportional levers, it only depends on the game controller you choose. For more details check out my video. Btw the SBrick app natively supports game controllers now so you can do this with that app as well.

From Lego side there's no solution for this currently, the remote they created for Powered Up is more for train control than anything else, no levers/sticks just buttons. I still hope there'll be another physical controller for the Control+ system with joysticks instead of buttons for precise proportional control. Ideally we would have a customisable controller that can be used with the hubs without the need to connect to a mobile device as a bridge.

Dear @kbalage, Many many thanks for the very informative comment. Being a newbie, please bear with these errors of mine (I thought bold letters in the subject section of the topic would be tolerated :excited:. Just kidding, thank you for the very kind warning :classic:)

I totally forgot about the app, you are right, there are different levels there. 

I thought about this, when I built the stunt racers, also I thought of a 100% synchronized forward-backward control, for the racer to go perfectly straight (yes, the purpose for a stunt racer, is to be “crazy”, however, sometimes, going perfectly straight can also be crazy. 

In fact the reason why I create new topics is not to attract attention to myself, but members of the forum to actually see my thoughts, because, I see and am proud that eurobricks is such a huge community with many people who really give efforts like you.

And of course, I have to admit there is the “newbie-excitement-effect”, since there are so much things I want to speak of thus state my and have your opinions.

Many thanks again and,

Best Regards,

Idris

Edited by Idris
Totally syntax errors.

the reason that the stunt racer doesnt go perfectly straight is that the motors arent the same. in fact no electric motor is the same as another one. So you need to create a special kind of gearing using two differential gears. it would have to look like this:

gleichlauf1.jpg

of course this isnt lego and all but the principle is the same

XG BC

The old PF train remote allows for proportional speed based on turning the dials. You could turn it into levers using a modification similar to the one someone shared below for better control of 42030.  

https://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?/forums/topic/91625-42030-volvo-l350f-mods-and-improvements/&do=findComment&comment=2526221

There are some other ideas is this thread.