Hello gents,

There was this contest going on over at LEGO Ideas so I decided to try some Star Wars once again.

I hope you like it.

46797355925_1999b152bd_c.jpg

32770198247_450a23e11e_c.jpg

I'm glad to have this awesome figure of General Grievous.

47713590331_ca70f67b69_c.jpg

The most tricky part about this creation was most likely the hanging platform, it broke a couple of times before I managed to find a sturdy construction that would maintain the huge overhang.

47713585591_240ff8e9b1_c.jpg

47713581921_a33f7bb700_z.jpg

10_img_8436_small.jpg

6_img_8381_small.jpg

8_img_8404_small.jpg

9_img_8413_small.jpg

7_img_8388_small.jpg

Sorry, this is too good. Brain explodes. I like the patterning on the cantilevered floor the best.

Great work! I like how you achieved the pattern for the flooring and rib cage effect for the obi/greivous duel. 

Ah, this is awesome! I love the shape of the platform (I'm amazed it's as thin as it is!) and you've done a great job with the inlaid SNOT tiles. The ribcage(?) is sick - those Mixel joints sure come in handy, don't they? The rest of the scene is OK, I suppose, but the most eye-grabbing part there is the rounded and studly base.

Great job, thanks for sharing!

Wonderful display, it really captures the scene, particularly the platform and ribcage - that SNOT looks great!

On 4/27/2019 at 7:41 PM, Chromide said:

Reminds me of the map on SW Battlefront II (original). Great job!

That was exactly my first thought seeing it, a straight nostalgia trip to 2005 =D

3 hours ago, Per_SW said:

Wonderful display, it really captures the scene, particularly the platform and ribcage - that SNOT looks great!

That was exactly my first thought seeing it, a straight nostalgia trip to 2005 =D

Haha yep, I still play that game on my Windows XP. ;)

Thank you for the nice comments.

On 27 Apr 2019 at 7:41 PM, Chromide said:

Reminds me of the map on SW Battlefront II (original). Great job!

18 hours ago, Per_SW said:

I did play this game a lot on my old Xbox so it is very likely that the game played a role in the definition of Utapau for me.

If I had more time (and more parts) I would have built a bigger layout, with another platform, some buildings and a highway to have an AAT and Clone hover tank enter the scene.