Jviper79

give me ideas

hi new member here i was wondering if you could give me ideass for construction equipment and buildings in lego city scale

What kind of ideas? Do you want suggestions of things to build, or how to build them? Or is it both?

Also, a please would not go amiss...

Ok, cool!

One thing I like to do for ideas for construction equipment is to Google manufacturers who make the coolest ones. Komatsu, CAT and JCB make really big or really cool machines.

Then, for a town, I like to figure what a town needs and then build. Or you could try designing an Eco town, or a modern town. 

One thing I like to do for ideas, is ride my bicycle around the city and take pictures of various construction jobs and try to replicate them in LEGO. If you live in a fairly large city the possibilities are endless. Other than that you can hardly go wrong with cranes, bulldozers, loaders, trucks or a myriad of other stuff both large and small, and as already suggested the internet is full of construction equipment images. 

49757.jpg.68ab1cf49866f6a5a1b512e716f1ac9f.jpg How about this, saw it on a website about weirdest looking construction vehicles.

Or perhaps this vehicle called a walking harvester. Both are obscure and look like they might make interesting designs.

As for buildings, middle eastern buildings are quite cool to build and there are lots of good pieces for them. If you have any archways or domes then you can create some very cool buildings. 

Hope that this is some help to you!

thanks for the ideas im actually trying to do stuff with a decent sized tub of lego and im actually thinking about doing a skyscraper construction site