Evilkirk

[MOC] T-88 X Wing Fighter Mk.II

This is a re-built MOC that I made last year which previously had an unusual cone shaped 'air intake' style nose that was apparently sacrilegious to some fans lol... It's been sitting on the shelf re-built for quite a while so I finally got round to taking some pics.
I called this the Incom T-88 X-wing fighter (long before the Resistance series was shown!), painted in colours favoured by the 'Flame Squadron'... oh and there's an E-wing attack mode too, good for strafing ground targets 1f609.png;)

Holy cow dude, great job! Very sleek, the air intakes look wonderful and I love the E-wing mode (my favorite ship!).  The color gradient on the nose is well done and fits with the flame squadron moniker, plus I love the cannons on the side of the cockpit and the greebling/studless ratio.  However, I'm not a huge fan of all-black (or mostly black) ships in general as I feel that you lose a lot of detail.  Still, great job, I absolutely love it.

That looks great all-around!  I especially like the shaping around the main body at the droid/engine area.  Very nicely integrated with an appropriate amount of greebling.  My favorite element, however, may be the little HUD-type display at the front of the cockpit; such a nice subtle little detail!  Great build!  :classic:

It's a great model. The colours and the photography really pop. Tyrrell Ford 012, Stefan Bellof, Monaco 1984?

it makes you think... if the x-wing constantly gets slimmer and slimmer, than the T-100 is going to be as thin as a piece of paper.but this model is great!

Edited by YaBoyECH0

It looks like an "evil" x-wing almost, like from an alternate universe where the empire are the good guys and the rebels actually are terrorists. Very nice build, very smooth.