RandomSniper109

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors, Wishlists and Discussion

21 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

I don't think we'll get the Carrows, they weren't that big of characters to begin with but they were barely in the movies as far as I remember

True, but neither were Susan Bones or the Trolley Witch. After the obvious major Death Eaters and associates we got in the 2010/11 wave (Malfoys, Wormtail, Bellatrix and Greyback) who need updating and the Pettigrew and Crouch Jnr we got in the last wave and CMS, the Carrows appear in more films than the more prominent Yaxley or Scabior, but as many as Dolohov and Rowle, so are seen quite often.

6 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

For CMF series 1 we got 22 figures but 6 were from FB. Assuming series 2 will have 16 HP figures, here’s what I would love to see:

Dudley, Vernon, Petunia, Fred (POA), George (POA), Fleur (3rd task), Krum (3rd task), Karkaroff, Rita Skeeter, Draco (robes), Crabbe (robes), Goyle (robes), Tonks, Kingsley, Madam Pomfrey, Kreacher. Although realistically, they probably have to have a Harry, Ron, and Hermione in there somewhere, maybe Quidditch World Cup variants?

This is the list I made a few months ago, it's not dissimilar from yours!

1. Harry Potter (Goyle disguise with Polyjuice goblet)

2. Ron Weasley (Crabbe disguise with cake)

3. Hermione Granger (Cat disguise with Polyjuice Cauldron)

4. Cho Chang (Quidditch robes with broom and Quaffle)

5. Cedric Diggory (Quidditch robes with broom and bludger)

6. Professor Sprout (CoS outfit with a trowel)

7. Professor Lockhart (Green robes with Cornish Pixie)

8. Madam Pomfrey (CoS outfit with Skelegrow bottle)

9. Rita Skeeter (Quik Quotes Quill and pad)

10. Fleur Delacour (Third Task)

11. Viktor Krum (Third Task)

12. Igor Karkaroff (white jacket with cane accessory)

13. Pavati Patil (Yule Bale with ice decoration)

14. Padma Patil (Yule Balle with glass)

15. Frank Bryce (with torch and kettle)

16. Merperson (with trident and grindylow)

Although this list is based on CoS-GoF, I think there are a good range of figures involved. The first CMS had only the trio, Malfoy, Cedric Diggory and Dubledore as characters with a minifig variant in the sets, so I didn't add any OotP/HBP characters who are likely to appear in this list. As such, I'd rather get Tonks, Shacklebolt and Kreacher in a 12 Grimmauld Place set and the Dursleys in a Privet Drive.

Without the release of a Fantastic Beasts film next year, I suspect we won't get a single set. The Harry potter wave sold really well, but I've seen the Grindlewald's Escape set on clearance for as little as £6 because of how badly the sets sold.

Edited by Brick Cucumber

It seems to be mainly Grindelwald's Escape that's not selling, although Newt's Case sharing all four of it's figs with CMF probably didn't help sales, but it doesn't seem to be selling as badly as Grindlewald's Escape. Crimes of Grindelwald wasn't very well recieved and the theastral carriage only appeared in like the first five minutes... I mainly bought the set for the thestral, myself. I doubt Lego any more FB sets now, which is a shame as I'd like a young Dumbledore fig to go with Grindelwald!

Figs I'd like see in a second HP CMF... Ginny, Fred w/Marauders Map, George w/Firework, Luna w/Lion Hat, Quidditch Cho, Quidditch Cedric, Madam Pomfrey, Lockhart w/quill and signed picture of himself, Prof. Sprout, Tonks, Kingsley, Werewolf Lupin, Dudley W/Pig Tail and cake, Rita Skeeter. Colin Creevey with his camera and a photo of Harry maybe?

Since Harry, Ron and Hermione are obligatory, I'd love to see them in their polyjuice'd variants as others have said- put them in Slytherin robes and have Harry and Ron able to change into Crabble and Goyle- So we could get the trio AND Crabbe and Goyle at the same time, plus Slytherin robes- that would make them more desirable than just another outfit, IMO. And Hermione with the cat head and tail would be great too!

We won’t get a Quidditch Cho or Cedric because it doesn’t happen in the films. It’s not gonna happen. Don’t get why people keep saying we should get them. Luna with her lion hat is a really good one though, so is Colin Creevey and other Yule Ball variants. The problem with polyjuice Crabbe and Goyle is that they would have to have short legs, being from COS. That means no leg printing for the Slytherin robes. I’d rather get POA/GOF versions.

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

As for the 6 FB figures, I'd really like to see: Grindelwald (with a moustache and brand new hairpiece), Vinda Rosier (using the Beauxbatons hat/hair mold from the Carriage), Yusuf Kama, Youngledore, Leta Lestrange and Theseus Scamander.

Accesories could be the bloodpact vial, skull hookah, idk for Kama, deluminator, Newt's photo of herself, letter to Newt

3 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

We won’t get a Quidditch Cho or Cedric because it doesn’t happen in the films. It’s not gonna happen. Don’t get why people keep saying we should get them. Luna with her lion hat is a really good one though, so is Colin Creevey and other Yule Ball variants. The problem with polyjuice Crabbe and Goyle is that they would have to have short legs, being from COS. That means no leg printing for the Slytherin robes. I’d rather get POA/GOF versions.

Well, Quidditch Cedric appears briefly in Prisoner of Azkaban (albeit not played by Robert Pattinson), so that is a possibility. As for Crabbe and Goyle, I think LEGO would give them mid-legs based on their height compared to other figures, like we saw with Neville in Series 1.

28 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

As for the 6 FB figures, I'd really like to see: Grindelwald (with a moustache and brand new hairpiece), Vinda Rosier (using the Beauxbatons hat/hair mold from the Carriage), Yusuf Kama, Youngledore, Leta Lestrange and Theseus Scamander.

Accesories could be the bloodpact vial, skull hookah, idk for Kama, deluminator, Newt's photo of herself, letter to Newt

What about Nagini with Nagini?! :laugh:

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

I like those ideas. Yusuf Karma could come with the Lestrange family tree printed on a tile maybe? 

Since so many people have posting their cmf lists I thought I’d throw my Harry Potter guesses in the ring 

Harry Potter (variation)

Ron Weasley (variation/Quidditch)

Hermione Granger (variation)

Luna Lovegood (lion hat/ravenclaw robes)

Draco Malfoy (Slytherin robes)

Ginny Weasley (variation/Quidditch)

Fred Weasley 

George Weasley 

Moaning Myrtle 

Madam Pomfrey 

Rita Skeeter

Vernon Dursley 

Petunia Dursley 

Dudley Dursley 

Professor Sprout 

Werewolf Lupin

Tonks and Kingsley are absent because I think we’ve got a really good chance of getting them in the sets. And I’ve left off my Fantastic Beasts guesses because they’re still uncertain (based off Disney series 2 we could not even get any Fantastic Beasts in a Wizarding World series 2). 

10 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

People want Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff Quidditch robes because they are representedin the Quidditch set. Also the quidditch match in the third film is against Hufflepuff, and Cedric is their captain. CMF Neville has mid legs even though he's from COS. But even if they were short legs you could switch them with mid legs from Harry, Ron and Hermione from S1, there's no house colour on the legs. 

Edited by Decat

In terms of sets, number 1 next year would have to be the astronomy tower, similar to the Great Hall and clock tower. Grawp in forbidden forest would be good and an inferi island set would be good similar to the expecto patronus set. The astronomy tower would round off Hogwarts but then I'd like to see them extend Hogwarts downwards - so they could build an underground chamber that the clock tower could sit on and put the forbidden corridor underneath, then the following year make a chamber of secrets set that goes under the great hall. In 2021 there will be FB sets but I hope we see a huge Gringotts heist set that connects to a D2C set for the rest of Diagon and Knockturn alleys, plus a Godrics Hollow set.

19 minutes ago, Chocolate Frog said:

In terms of sets, number 1 next year would have to be the astronomy tower, similar to the Great Hall and clock tower. Grawp in forbidden forest would be good and an inferi island set would be good similar to the expecto patronus set. The astronomy tower would round off Hogwarts but then I'd like to see them extend Hogwarts downwards - so they could build an underground chamber that the clock tower could sit on and put the forbidden corridor underneath, then the following year make a chamber of secrets set that goes under the great hall. In 2021 there will be FB sets but I hope we see a huge Gringotts heist set that connects to a D2C set for the rest of Diagon and Knockturn alleys, plus a Godrics Hollow set.

Expanding Hogwarts downwards is a very bad idea when it comes to sets. If you want to do it yourself go for it but it shouldn't be done in sets. First of all the forbidden corridor itself is on the third floor of the castle, not underground.

Probably most importantly, to make the castle somewhat accurate every single Hogwarts extension would have to get an underground base to sit on, which is both very limited in rooms they could put in them and honestly a waste of ''set-slots''. I'd rather get rooms like the CoC and Forbidden Corridor as interior focused sets with a plain castle exterior.

9 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Expanding Hogwarts downwards is a very bad idea when it comes to sets. If you want to do it yourself go for it but it shouldn't be done in sets. First of all the forbidden corridor itself is on the third floor of the castle, not underground.

Probably most importantly, to make the castle somewhat accurate every single Hogwarts extension would have to get an underground base to sit on, which is both very limited in rooms they could put in them and honestly a waste of ''set-slots''. I'd rather get rooms like the CoC and Forbidden Corridor as interior focused sets with a plain castle exterior.

Fluffy is in the Third Floor Corridor, the trapdoor leads to underground chambers.

With the Philosopher's Stone chambers, Chamber of Secrets and Slytherin Common Room there are enough opportunities to build below the current sets, but maybe not for future waves so your plain exterior idea works for me.

It surprises me the Grindlewald Escape set didn't do well, it's a great little set. The stagecoach is a nice build, the new Thestral looks fantastic(no pun intended) and it's pretty cheap. Heck if I see it on that much of a discount I might pick another one up just for the Threstral and parts.

42 minutes ago, ToaDraco said:

It surprises me the Grindlewald Escape set didn't do well, it's a great little set. The stagecoach is a nice build, the new Thestral looks fantastic(no pun intended) and it's pretty cheap. Heck if I see it on that much of a discount I might pick another one up just for the Threstral and parts.

It’s a good set except for Grindelwald, whose head is extremely inaccurate. But that’s literally the only issue with it. The carriage is great and the Thestral is amazing. I really hope we get Thestrals in OOTP sets. I can’t imagine we wouldn’t get at least one. A new baby Thestral would also be perfect but that’s probably asking too much and unrealistic.

52 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

It’s a good set except for Grindelwald, whose head is extremely inaccurate. But that’s literally the only issue with it. The carriage is great and the Thestral is amazing. I really hope we get Thestrals in OOTP sets. I can’t imagine we wouldn’t get at least one. A new baby Thestral would also be perfect but that’s probably asking too much and unrealistic.

I'd rather they use their budget for something else, I really wouldn't care for a baby Thestral

2 hours ago, ToaDraco said:

I don't think it's really shown too well on the box tbh, I initially thought it was much smaller than it was. It's a really good set so I'm lucky to see it on sale around the UK. If we don't get a Thestral Carriage in the Harry Potter side of the line I'll happily combine a few to make the Hogwarts carts. Maybe with this not selling too well they'll reuse the pieces for that scene :grin:

Edited by Brick Cucumber

I’d love for them to start doing a January wave and a summer/fall wave, so the wait isn’t quite so long. Even if the waves are a little smaller. I feel like we all have to wait so long for these. It would be nice if they spaced it out more so the wait isn’t so rough. Two full waves would be great, especially considering how well the theme is doing. Maybe by next year they’ll have realized this and do an OOTP wave earlier in the year, and then a HBP wave later in the year. That would be ideal.

7 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I’d love for them to start doing a January wave and a summer/fall wave, so the wait isn’t quite so long. Even if the waves are a little smaller. I feel like we all have to wait so long for these. It would be nice if they spaced it out more so the wait isn’t so rough. Two full waves would be great, especially considering how well the theme is doing. Maybe by next year they’ll have realized this and do an OOTP wave earlier in the year, and then a HBP wave later in the year. That would be ideal.

Was it not a rumor that it was a smaller winter wave this year that was canceled do to the fact that Lego was unsure how well the theme would do?! If that is the case they now know it is a success and have no reason not to make a winter wave next year :wink:

47 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

Was it not a rumor that it was a smaller winter wave this year that was canceled do to the fact that Lego was unsure how well the theme would do?! If that is the case they now know it is a success and have no reason not to make a winter wave next year :wink:

This marks the first time I‘ve heard of this rumor... Wasn‘t it just a fake set list?

11 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Wasn‘t it just a fake set list?

Maybe :def_shrug:

I guess we have to wait until the January sets starts to leak later this year to find out :wink:

I recall the Knight Bus being rumoured last year, even though it didn't happen until this year...O_o

32 minutes ago, Decat said:

I recall the Knight Bus being rumoured last year, even though it didn't happen until this year...O_o

Probably a lucky guess, the Knight Bus and Hagrid‘s Hut sets were the most likely of all the potential sets they could‘ve made :tongue: I would‘ve been shocked if those two weren‘t released this year

Edited by Lego-Freak

I would expect them to reuse their new Beaubaxton's hairpiece for a CMF moulded in a different colour, maybe we'll get another student in one of the dresses they're seen in on their arrival. It'd be a great way to get a few of them so definitely on my wishlist for a CMF.