RandomSniper109

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors, Wishlists and Discussion

If they did privet drive and didn’t want to make it too big they could make a separate small set with hagrid and Harry on Sirius’ motorbike and Voldemort with the dementor legs (to show flying) and a death eater on a broom (maybe Stan shunpike?)

5 hours ago, Minga 089 said:

I really hope so too. Here are my thoughts:

Draco uses Dean robe style (Wand and ???)

Crabbe uses Harry robe style (Wand, Harry's Hair and Cake piece)

Goyle uses Ron robe style (Wand, Ron's Hair and Cake piece)

Young Tom Riddle uses Hermione robe style (Wand and Slughorn's Hourglass)

Draco should come with a new ferret mold

1 hour ago, RandomSniper109 said:

If they did privet drive and didn’t want to make it too big they could make a separate small set with hagrid and Harry on Sirius’ motorbike and Voldemort with the dementor legs (to show flying) and a death eater on a broom (maybe Stan shunpike?)

They wouldn’t do Stan because he wasn’t there in the movie (or at least they never mentioned him being involved with the Death Eaters) and the sets are based on the movies. It would likely be a generic death eater

6 hours ago, Seaber said:

House robes (like Harry and Hermione's mostly, but Ron and Dean's styles would work well too), house jumpers and Quidditch robes would be great. Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff have already had their most famous students appear in the CMS, but could hopefully be repeated. There are loads of Slytherins to include though!

Yes, the Quidditch outfits for the 6th year also look completely different. They already changed them in PoA but the change was rather subtle and you didn't see them much in that movie anyway. I also wouldn't mind seeing the Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw torsos with the capes

5 hours ago, Minga 089 said:

I really hope so too. Here are my thoughts:

Draco uses Dean robe style (Wand and ???)

Crabbe uses Harry robe style (Wand, Harry's Hair and Cake piece)

Goyle uses Ron robe style (Wand, Ron's Hair and Cake piece)

Young Tom Riddle uses Hermione robe style (Wand and Slughorn's Hourglass)

That really would be great. The Tom Riddle however would need a new print imo. He appears in the 2nd and 6th movie and is wearing a different uniform than the students during Harry's time at Hogwarts.

The Half-Blood Prince flashback version has no cape but is wearing a blazer above his vest.

0258caa9734a605c152406bf543f1991.jpg

Meanwhile, the Chamber of Secrets version is wearing an open cape but you can see he still has a blazer underneath it. For maximum accuracy and attention to details, he should also be wearing a prefect pin on his cape as well as the Hogwarts crest (instead of Slytherin) and his pants should be gray instead of black... but maybe that's a bit too much. :grin:

MV5BYmNmOGE3NjUtNzY2OC00OWY4LWJhN2ItYmNk

The CMF Harry body in the Slytherin colours could still work for this one but it would be lacking a couple of details. Hopefully TLG remakes the old Chamber of Secrets set and we get a unique version of Tom.

6 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I’m cackling. I’ve been thinking of this for ages but I didn’t want to be the person to say it. (Would be hilarious though)

7 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Yes! You win the internet today! Now any potential second CMF series will have this to live up to. Oh, boy. ?

The Slytherins are wearing their school robes during the ferret scene ? 

Plus Draco has a distinctly different hairstyle during PoA/GoF that would be nice to get in Lego form. 

18 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

The Slytherins are wearing their school robes during the ferret scene ? 

Plus Draco has a distinctly different hairstyle during PoA/GoF that would be nice to get in Lego form. 

I think the Flitwick hairpiece in blonde would work

32 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I think the Flitwick hairpiece in blonde would work

Honestly I was thinking the same thing, although Draco doesn’t part his hair straight down the middle like that, it’s still pretty close 

13 hours ago, Elrond said:

For maximum accuracy and attention to details, he should also be wearing a prefect pin on his cape as well as the Hogwarts crest (instead of Slytherin) 

Details, but isn’t that the Head Boy pin, not Prefect? 

10 minutes ago, Ultron said:

Details, but isn’t that the Head Boy pin, not Prefect? 

The pin does have "prefect" written on it. It's not easy to see but that's the best pic I could find.

latest?cb=20090830153042

A green house build could be a set that either comes with a smaller or bigger piece of Hogwarts or it could be a smaller stand alone set, either way would be great to get it one day :sweet:

18 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Yeah that would be good, I mentioned that in my cmf ideas on page 1 or 2, I also thought that would be a good chance to get a 1 x 1 printed round tile that is a Potter stinks pin

12 hours ago, Roebuck said:

A green house build could be a set that either comes with a smaller or bigger piece of Hogwarts or it could be a smaller stand alone set, either way would be great to get it one day :sweet:

Yeah, and a great way for us to get an updated Professor Sprout, although there’s a good chance she’ll show up in a CMF like Flitwick did, but then we’d at least have somewhere to put her. 

As far as I’m concerned, Sprout is one of the only minifigures introduced in the 2010-11 wave that is in desperate need of an update (there actually aren’t that many characters left that truly need radical updates, Lockhart and diary Riddle mainly, although the non-Ron Weasleys and a handful of others could do with some sprucing up too).

Sprout was wildly inaccurate even when she first showed up in the battle of Hogwarts set. The old skirt piece made her taller than all the other characters (despite being about midway between Flitwick and the rest of the teachers in height) and the classic witch’s hat just doesn’t work for her. I’d love to see her in a CMF or greenhouse set with mid legs and a fabric skirt piece with a new hat-hair piece as well - you know, something that actually looks like her. 

any kind of hogwarts extensions would be nice, both sets; the castle and the astronomy tower have peg holes at the end for obvious reasons

26 minutes ago, eldiano said:

any kind of hogwarts extensions would be nice, both sets; the castle and the astronomy tower have peg holes at the end for obvious reasons

They haven’t made the Astronomy Tower yet. Are you talking about the Clocktower? And yes, I’m sure there will plenty more Hogwarts extensions besides the three they’ve done, the Astronomy Tower is a good candidate for next year to coincide with sets from HBP to recreate Dumbledore’s death scene

37 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

They haven’t made the Astronomy Tower yet. Are you talking about the Clocktower? And yes, I’m sure there will plenty more Hogwarts extensions besides the three they’ve done, the Astronomy Tower is a good candidate for next year to coincide with sets from HBP to recreate Dumbledore’s death scene

The Astronomy Tower is almost certainly going to come next year - the question is whether they’ll actually do that scene or make it OotP themed like the Clocktower is GoF themed, despite featuring more in PoA and having all the rooms necessary to recreate the scenes if you have the right minifigures (I’m inclined to think the latter, since the Rise of Voldemort shows a clear reluctance to depict an actual death in a set, but a willingness to give older fans the parts to put it together if they want). 

16 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

The Astronomy Tower is almost certainly going to come next year - the question is whether they’ll actually do that scene or make it OotP themed like the Clocktower is GoF themed, despite featuring more in PoA and having all the rooms necessary to recreate the scenes if you have the right minifigures (I’m inclined to think the latter, since the Rise of Voldemort shows a clear reluctance to depict an actual death in a set, but a willingness to give older fans the parts to put it together if they want). 

They wouldn’t have to depict the death necessarily but I know what you mean. Either way, I just want the Astronomy Tower, no matter which movie it’s representing

I know the 2019 sets haven’t even released yet here in the US, but I’m already extremely excited to hear what next year’s sets will be. It’ll be a very exciting leaking time

6 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

They wouldn’t have to depict the death necessarily but I know what you mean. Either way, I just want the Astronomy Tower, no matter which movie it’s representing

Death scene aside, any big castle section from next year is going to have to include a version of the room of requirement, and I can’t help think that the DA meeting room has more playability than the room of hidden things. 

2 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

Death scene aside, any big castle section from next year is going to have to include a version of the room of requirement, and I can’t help think that the DA meeting room has more playability than the room of hidden things. 

True but it would be nice to get the room of hidden things eventually. Getting both vanishing cabinets would be nice if they ever made Borgin and Burke as well

9 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

I think it's possible to have both versions in one set. Two ways it could realistically be done (that I can think of right now): a portion of the castle, or just one floor, is removable to swap between DA and the Vanishing Cabinet rooms; or a sliding wall that covers one room while allowing access to the other. Of course they can decide to focus on one film only like in this wave, but we can all agree it would be a lot cooler to have a feature that gives the room's name justice :wink:

4 hours ago, Accio Lego said:

Yeah, and a great way for us to get an updated Professor Sprout, although there’s a good chance she’ll show up in a CMF like Flitwick did, but then we’d at least have somewhere to put her. 

As far as I’m concerned, Sprout is one of the only minifigures introduced in the 2010-11 wave that is in desperate need of an update (there actually aren’t that many characters left that truly need radical updates, Lockhart and diary Riddle mainly, although the non-Ron Weasleys and a handful of others could do with some sprucing up too).

Sprout was wildly inaccurate even when she first showed up in the battle of Hogwarts set. The old skirt piece made her taller than all the other characters (despite being about midway between Flitwick and the rest of the teachers in height) and the classic witch’s hat just doesn’t work for her. I’d love to see her in a CMF or greenhouse set with mid legs and a fabric skirt piece with a new hat-hair piece as well - you know, something that actually looks like her. 

Even if they eventually make the Greenhouses in a set I'd really like Sprout to be a CMF figure. She desperately needs a brand new hat/hair-mold and the chance of her getting exactly that is way higher in a CMF series than a normal set

1 hour ago, Accio Lego said:

I'd say they're doing the same with this set as with the Clocktower. The Clocktower is a PoA building with a GoF interior so it wouldn't be out of the question to make the Astronomy Tower a HBP building with a OotP interior. Besides the obvious things with lego avoiding deaths in sets I'd say OotP also has more interesting interiors to recreate.

4 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

The current layout throws me off, so isn’t the clock tower supposed to be behind the great hall or are they building it backwards to forwards? I mean I feel we are missing three more sets, they can add the greenhouse/ great hall courtyard/ astronomy tower, I confuse them two sometimes

2 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

True but it would be nice to get the room of hidden things eventually. Getting both vanishing cabinets would be nice if they ever made Borgin and Burke as well

I was thinking that Borgin and Burke’s would be an excellent medium set for next year’s wave - especially since the microscale Diagon Alley makes it look like they want to make the eventual full sized set more accurate, hence no way to sneak Borgin’s in the way they did in 2011. 

I was also thinking, essentially the DA room configuration is more focused on the characters and what they do there (making it more playable) while the Room of Hidden Things configuration is all about the items. It would be pretty easy for Lego to give us a polybag/minifigure pack type thing that would allow us to add the second Vanishing Cabinet, Draco in his black suit, and maybe some extra Death Eaters. Take the target dummy out of the DA room and put in the vanishing cabinet and a couple other things and Boom - room of hidden things. 

If nothing else we could cross our fingers for a DH room of hidden things, then we could set it on fire :devil:? 

9 hours ago, eldiano said:

The current layout throws me off, so isn’t the clock tower supposed to be behind the great hall or are they building it backwards to forwards? I mean I feel we are missing three more sets, they can add the greenhouse/ great hall courtyard/ astronomy tower, I confuse them two sometimes

The Clocktower is indeed located behind the Great Hall in the films. But for this lego configuration adding it to the right of the Whomping Willow section does look a lot better. The configuration is definetely weird if you compare it to the movies, so I'm definetely glad I'm building Hogwarts more like I imagined it in the books with a little ''movie flair'' sprinkled in.

9 hours ago, Accio Lego said:

I was thinking that Borgin and Burke’s would be an excellent medium set for next year’s wave - especially since the microscale Diagon Alley makes it look like they want to make the eventual full sized set more accurate, hence no way to sneak Borgin’s in the way they did in 2011. 

I was also thinking, essentially the DA room configuration is more focused on the characters and what they do there (making it more playable) while the Room of Hidden Things configuration is all about the items. It would be pretty easy for Lego to give us a polybag/minifigure pack type thing that would allow us to add the second Vanishing Cabinet, Draco in his black suit, and maybe some extra Death Eaters. Take the target dummy out of the DA room and put in the vanishing cabinet and a couple other things and Boom - room of hidden things. 

If nothing else we could cross our fingers for a DH room of hidden things, then we could set it on fire :devil:? 

I also hope B&B will be a standalone set,  the inclusion of that shop kinda throws me off when I'm looking at the original DA set. You can't really create a proper Diagon Alley with only 2 buildings. Just to note, I didn't skip DA back in the day because of B&B's inclusion but more because I wasn't into Harry Potter yet.

As for the Room of Requirement. I think it's most likely we'll get the DA form next year and the Room of Hidden Things form in the DH wave. That way they can focus on Dumbledore's Army for next year and the other set would be focused on the hunt and battle for Ravenclaw's Diadem, it wouldn't be that hard to sneak the Vanishing Cabinet into that set!

Diagon Alley is a tricky one, there are so many good locations but only a few are really prominent. The Leaky Cauldron, Gringotts, Ollivanders, Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes and Borgin and Burkes are obvious choices as important scenes happen in them. Flourish and Blotts is less memorable but still important. There are some shops which would still look great, maybe just as a facade, with window displays. The Apothecary for magical ingrediants, the Owl Emporium or Menagerie for magical animals, Ice Cream Parlour for magical food, Robes for All Occasions for magical clothing and the Quidditch shop for brooms and whatnot. A few stalls or carts would also be good.