RandomSniper109

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors, Wishlists and Discussion

This is a Topic for all rumours, leaks, wishlists and discussions, mostly stuff that could be included in Harry potter 2019 - Rumors and discussion but i didn't want to clutter that chat with wishlist's

A few rules but more requests: 

• Don`t Spam
  • Before asking a question check the last few pages to see if it has been answered
  • NO Swearing under any circumstance (Unless Quoting)
  • Try not to repeat yourself

There are three things right off the bat that I wonder about the 2020 Harry Potter sets (since before you had mentioned a 2020 discussion). Will there be 2 waves like there are this year (even though wave 2 is very small)? Will it keep up the trend of 2 films at a time, 2020 being films 5-6? And will we get CMF series 2? These are probably the main things to speculate about at this point

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

as it will most likely be around 5 to 7 sets spanning the whole year, either two waves or one big wave, i am hoping this would lead to 3 sets from yr 5 and 3 from yr 6, and hopefully if they carry the same trend as previous years we will get 1-2 set in the £10 - £20 range 1-2 sets in the £30 - £50 range and 1 - 2 in the £60 - £100 range

It would be nice to see places missing from the first two waves from films 1-4.

Privet Drive - The living room, cupboard under the stairs, two bedrooms upstairs. Vernon, Petunia, Dudley, Marge, Harry.

The Burrow - Like the 2010 set, but updated. Molly, Arthur, Fred, George, Ginny, Ron, Harry.

Chamber of Secrets - Myrtle's Bathroom, with the corridor with the 'Enemies of the Heir' graffiti, with the chamber underneath. Harry, Ron, Ginny, Lockhart, Myrtle, Tom, Basilisk, Fawkes.

The Second Task - A stand, with the lake ruins. Harry, Cedric, Krum, Fleur, Ron, Hermione, Crouch.

The Third Task - A bit of maze with a small stand. Harry, Cedric, Krum, Fleur, Maxime, Karkaroff.

Sorry guys not a harry potter expert! But love the sets.

Could we another extension piece to Hogwarts castle? That would make it a 4th set to connect?

Also hoping the book coming out in 2019 has some extension build ideas included.

Thanks in advance!

On 4/26/2019 at 11:02 PM, Lionbear8 said:

Sorry guys not a harry potter expert! But love the sets.

Could we another extension piece to Hogwarts castle? That would make it a 4th set to connect?

This part has not been made since the reboot:

Related image

And this tower has an important role in the 6th movie:

Related image

On 4/26/2019 at 4:16 AM, Seaber said:

It would be nice to see places missing from the first two waves from films 1-4.

Privet Drive - The living room, cupboard under the stairs, two bedrooms upstairs. Vernon, Petunia, Dudley, Marge, Harry.

The Burrow - Like the 2010 set, but updated. Molly, Arthur, Fred, George, Ginny, Ron, Harry.

Chamber of Secrets - Myrtle's Bathroom, with the corridor with the 'Enemies of the Heir' graffiti, with the chamber underneath. Harry, Ron, Ginny, Lockhart, Myrtle, Tom, Basilisk, Fawkes.

The Second Task - A stand, with the lake ruins. Harry, Cedric, Krum, Fleur, Ron, Hermione, Crouch.

The Third Task - A bit of maze with a small stand. Harry, Cedric, Krum, Fleur, Maxime, Karkaroff.

I highly doubt they would do more triwizard sets, and all the figures would become repetitive 

CoS is extremely more likely, as Ginny, Myrtle, Lockhart, and Riddle have not made an appearance yet

Edited by jobrianndan

I think a second CMF is very likely (I assume the first one was successful)

So here's what I think LEGO would do (if it came out at the same time they did years 5-6):

*cues j2g mario music*

Vernon

Petunia

Dudley

Lily

James

Rita Skeeter

Lucius

Lavender

Mrs. Figg

Cho Chang (Ravenclaw Quidditch)

Cedric Diggory (Hufflepuff Quidditch)

Death Eater

Tonks

Molly

Arthur

Percy

Crimes of Grindelwald:

Youngledore

Nagini

Vinda Rosier

Leta Lestrange

Theseus Scamander

Yusuf Kama

I'm pretty excited about 2020 already, but I suggest that rumors vs wishlists are divided as quickly as possible, because at the moment we only have the latter, but no doubt rumors will be coming soon.
That being said, here's my wishlist for a five/six-set wave like the first two years.  It's a bit uneven, but the best I could come up with on the spot.  I'm still hoping for a D2C Diagon Alley and an (unspecified) CMF 2:

Inferi in the Cave--$15, Harry, Dumbledore, small island build, and two Inferi

Hogwarts Greenhouses--$30, Harry, Slughorn, Professor Sprout, Hagrid, Fang!, two small greenhouses with Mandrakes and Venemous Tentacula

Ministry of Magic Atrium Battle--$40, Harry (with possessed face), Dumbledore, Voldemort, Luna, Neville, small build with Fountain of Magical Brethren, a fireplace, and an office facade with a paper/plastic-y poster of Fudge that can be released to fall to the ground

4 Privet Drive--$50, Harry, Dudley, Vernon, Petunia, Mrs. Figg, Dementor, scaled down house|

The Burrow--$60, Harry, Ginny, Molly, Arthur, Fred, George (basically a rerelease of the 2010 model, but without the Death Eater invasion)

Hogwarts Astronomy Tower--$100, Harry, Dumbledore, new Snape without the purple, Bellatrix, Death Eater, older Draco, Greyback, Madam Pomfrey, Ron, Hermione
(Build would be predominantly a tall turret, but with interior to represent Defense Against the Dark Arts classroom, Room of Requirement, and Slughorn's Office)

On 4/23/2019 at 1:21 PM, Balrogofmorgoth said:

There are three things right off the bat that I wonder about the 2020 Harry Potter sets (since before you had mentioned a 2020 discussion). Will there be 2 waves like there are this year (even though wave 2 is very small)? Will it keep up the trend of 2 films at a time, 2020 being films 5-6? And will we get CMF series 2? These are probably the main things to speculate about at this point

Wait since when are there 2 waves this year? The Knight Bus releases with all the other sets on June 1st I thought. The advent calendar doesn't really count. 

I really like the sets that we are getting but the rooms are way too small :/ I wish we could get separate rooms as individual sets or something. We haven't gotten an accurate Dumbledore's office or DADA classroom, they're both very iconic and awesome.

I'm really looking forward to seeing more unique faceprints and hair/headpieces for the characters.

5 hours ago, CT-5503 said:

Wait since when are there 2 waves this year? The Knight Bus releases with all the other sets on June 1st I thought. The advent calendar doesn't really count. 

I don’t know the two prices but I’m pretty sure there are two sets that are around £15 and £50 and they are coming out later this year (one of them is expected to be the graveyard dual)

11 hours ago, jobrianndan said:

I think a second CMF is very likely (I assume the first one was successful)

So here's what I think LEGO would do (if it came out at the same time they did years 5-6):

*cues j2g mario music*

Vernon

Petunia

Dudley

Lily

James

Rita Skeeter

Lucius

Lavender

Mrs. Figg

Cho Chang (Ravenclaw Quidditch)

Cedric Diggory (Hufflepuff Quidditch)

Death Eater

Tonks

Molly

Arthur

Percy

Crimes of Grindelwald:

Youngledore

Nagini

Vinda Rosier

Leta Lestrange

Theseus Scamander

Yusuf Kama

I would be happy with this list except for molly, Arthur and Percy, I think they would be better suited for the burrow set if they do one

As said above, the Astronomy Tower is the most iconic part of Hogwarts Castle other than the Great Hall/Grand Staircase Tower and the Clock Tower. What might work is two parts connected by a bridge, such as the Bell Towers connected to Gryffindor Tower by the Suspension Bridge. They're not accurately placed, but could look good together and easily be modded to suit people with more accurate tastes. 

3 hours ago, RandomSniper109 said:

I don’t know the two prices but I’m pretty sure there are two sets that are around £15 and £50 and they are coming out later this year (one of them is expected to be the graveyard dual)

Oh sounds interesting. I assume the larger would be graveyard duel. Maybe the smaller could be a second task build, or vice versa?

4 hours ago, CT-5503 said:

Oh sounds interesting. I assume the larger would be graveyard duel. Maybe the smaller could be a second task build, or vice versa?

Most people, me included, suspected that the £15 one would be the graveyard dual,  with baby Voldemort, worm tail and Harry as well as a cauldron and Tom riddle statue (I have a mix of what I wanted it to look like on my insta (hornerbricks))

A second CMF series is most likely happening.. A new Hogwarts part also, all sets based on 5-6 is my guess. If the advent calendar sells decent we will get that as well :wink:

2020 wave 5-6 films

My predictions:

- Astronomy Tower -

Rooms: Astronomy Tower, Divination Classroom, Transfiguration Classroom, Slughorn's office, Boy's bathroom

Figures: McGonagall (6th film outfit), Dumbledore, Harry, Draco, Snape, Slughorn, Ron, Lavender

- Ministry of Magic -

Figures: Lucius, Bellatrix, Dumbledore, Voldemort, Harry, Tonks, Remus

- Grawp -

Figures: Harry, Grawp, Hermione, Umbridge, Firenze

- Hogsmeade -

Buildings: Three Broomsticks, Hogshead, Honeydukes, Zonko's

Figures: Slughorn, Ron, Harry, Hermione, Ginny, Lee Jordan, Mrs. Flume, Aberforth Dumbledore

- The Cave -

Figures: Dumbledore, Harry, 2 Inferi

- Burrow -

Figures: Mr. and Mrs. Weasley, Ginny, Harry, Bellatrix, Greyback

2021 wave 7 part 1 - 7 part 2 films

My predictions:

- Battle of Hogwarts - Viaduct Entrance

Rooms: Library, Ravenclaw Common Room, Greenhouses, Charms Classroom, Room of Requirement, Girls Bathroom

Figures: Flitwick, Greylady, Harry, Ron, Hermione, McGonagall, Death Eater, Giant, Voldemort 

- Diagon Alley - 

Buildings: Weasley Shop, Ollivander's, Gringotts

Figures: Griphook, 2 Goblins, Harry, Ron, Hermione (As Bellatrix), Weasley Twins

- Malfoy Manor -

Figures: Narcissa, Bellatrix, Dobby, Hermione, Harry, Ron, Luna

Ignore any spelling errors lol. 

6 hours ago, RandomSniper109 said:

Most people, me included, suspected that the £15 one would be the graveyard dual,  with baby Voldemort, worm tail and Harry as well as a cauldron and Tom riddle statue (I have a mix of what I wanted it to look like on my insta (hornerbricks))

The rumored graveyard duel is the $50 one

28 minutes ago, Legocollinfreak said:

Boy's bathroom

I assume you mean the scene from HBP but I think that would be too dark because of the whole "sectumsempera-ing" Draco bit.

A Ministry set would turn out well I think, probably a smaller playset is more likely than a D2C though.

Edited by jobrianndan

19 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

The rumored graveyard duel is the $50 one

I thought there was no evidence leaning either way with the price (I’m probably wrong so thanks for the correction) if it is the $50 one I think that’s a bit of a waste unless it has at least 3 death eaters (1 could be Lucius)

Just now, RandomSniper109 said:

I thought there was no evidence leaning either way with the price (I’m probably wrong so thanks for the correction) if it is the $50 one I think that’s a bit of a waste unless it has at least 3 death eaters (1 could be Lucius)

That’s just what sources have said at this point. Maybe it’s true, maybe it isn’t. I’m hoping that it includes the third task and that’s why it’s that price. That way we get the other champions in their maze uniforms, I would love that

Ok so I’ve decide to do a few of my hoped sets for my wish list for next year... lots of these ideas are from other people but I have combined my favourite 

dementor attack (I know we got one this year but I can still dream)

£15 - 25 around 150 pieces

minifigs: harry, Dudley, 1 or 2 dementors, maybe Arabella Figg

build: a small round about, bench and swing set

Ministers of magic

£50 - £100 (depends on size)

minifigs: Voldemort, Dumbledore, Harry (with dual sided head with white eyes), bellatrix and fudge

build: a similar build to Ollivanders from the d2c diagon alley but in dark green and black brick pattern and dark red accents, instead of the roof just have a flat top so you can add another one on top if you want, there would also be a minister for magic poster using fabric, and maybe attached to the side a fireplace for bellatrix to disappear into, also depending on the size a fountain of magical brethren that can be blown apart, also included would be the magic pieces used for iron man and other hero’s (power blast pieces)

inferi 

£15 maximum

minifigs: Dumbledore, Harry, 2 inferi

build, small island with a very small basin and a new mould for the locket or printed on a 1 x 1 round tile

Astronomy tower

£80 - 100 

minifigs: Umbridge, Harry,, Luna, Neville, Crabbe or Goyle and Draco (all with inquisitorial squad badges) Fred, George Weasley with brooms

rooms: room of requirement, Umbridge office with plate used as pensive with Dumbledore cmf as the cat plates, hallway with the educational decrees and a play feature so that they can fall, weasleys wizard wheezes fire works will be include and a thestral drawn carriage outside the school

Court yard with small tower

60-70

minifigs: slughorn, Harry in dress robes, Ginny in dress, Ron with keeper uniform and hat, lavender, hermione dress, cormac mclaggen in dress robes (could just reuse figures from clock tower as slug club party members), Draco and snape 

build: the court yard (full square) with a tower at one corner, corridors all around the outside, the tower would be 3 floors, 1st floor potions room with Felix Felicis and a new print for new and old advanced potion making. 2nd floor room with vanishing cabinet. 3rd floor slug club and slug horns office

Edited by RandomSniper109

10 minutes ago, RandomSniper109 said:

Section of hogwarts (haven’t decide which yet)

If lego were to make only one Hogwarts Castle set next year and it isn't the Astronomy Tower the fans will probably riot