RandomSniper109

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors, Wishlists and Discussion

1 hour ago, Elrond said:

Oh, well that's a little unfair if the fictional and historical characters are allowed to get drunk but the City minifigs aren't. :grin:

Yeah I was thinking about that too, the 3 Broomsticks Inn and their butterbeers are pretty tame. Although I remember Slughorn somehow got a bit tipsy in the 6th movie... but maybe he was drinking something stronger.

Both pubs serve alcoholic beverages (like mulled mead and firewhiskey) but presumably have a strict policy of not serving them to students. It occurs to me that it probably helps if the alcohol the characters are drinking is entirely fictional too - as far as I’m aware the signature brew in the theme parks is their own creation, they haven’t brought to like any of the alcoholic beverages like they did butterbeer. Since the reason for the ban is to prevent small children from recreating realistic scenes of drunkenness and alcohol abuse, I presume the more fictional it is the better. 

I do remember Winky getting very drunk on butterbeer, sonit must have some alcohol, but probably not much at all. House elves must be far more susceptible

1 minute ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I do remember Winky getting very drunk on butterbeer, sonit must have some alcohol, but probably not much at all. House elves must be far more susceptible

Either that or house elves can get drunk off just sugar. Not out of the question considering that even in the real world different animals process drugs differently. 

In any case, the real life version of butterbeer formulated for the parks is non-alcoholic. I suspect when JKR invented it she was thinking of drinks like ‘root beer’ and ‘ginger ale’ - it is essentially ‘butterscotch beer’ after all. 

37 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

Either that or house elves can get drunk off just sugar. Not out of the question considering that even in the real world different animals process drugs differently. 

In any case, the real life version of butterbeer formulated for the parks is non-alcoholic. I suspect when JKR invented it she was thinking of drinks like ‘root beer’ and ‘ginger ale’ - it is essentially ‘butterscotch beer’ after all. 

Also possibly Barliman Butterbur, the innkeeper from LOTR, from which JKR May also have lifted Longbottom and Bagshot.  Not that I mind; I much prefer Harry Potter, but maybe that’s the millennial in me. 

Anyway, I think you’re all way overthinking the Leaky Cauldron/Three Broomsticks/Hog’s Head.  If they think they’ll sell, they’ll make them.  However, I am of the camp that believes we’ll eventually get a big D2C Diagon Alley or Hogsmeade.  I can’t see LEGO releasing any of the bars as a stand-alone set, but you never know.  The Three Broomsticks as a HBP set would actually be pretty good for minifigures: The Trio, Hagrid, Rosmerta, Slughorn, Draco, Katie Bell, Leanne.  

44 minutes ago, RogueTwo said:

Also possibly Barliman Butterbur, the innkeeper from LOTR, from which JKR May also have lifted Longbottom and Bagshot.  Not that I mind; I much prefer Harry Potter, but maybe that’s the millennial in me. 

Anyway, I think you’re all way overthinking the Leaky Cauldron/Three Broomsticks/Hog’s Head.  If they think they’ll sell, they’ll make them.  However, I am of the camp that believes we’ll eventually get a big D2C Diagon Alley or Hogsmeade.  I can’t see LEGO releasing any of the bars as a stand-alone set, but you never know.  The Three Broomsticks as a HBP set would actually be pretty good for minifigures: The Trio, Hagrid, Rosmerta, Slughorn, Draco, Katie Bell, Leanne.  

LOTR will always be number one for me, damn shame what happened to that theme.

Also, keep in mind some Pirates of the Caribbean sets came with a bottle of rum

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

Pretty fascinating how a discussion on lego sets turned into a discussion on alcohol and drugs :laugh_hard:

13 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

LOTR will always be number one for me, damn shame what happened to that theme.

Also, keep in mind some Pirates of the Caribbean sets came with a bottle of rum

I really hope it returns someday just like Harry Potter did. It's just too bad I wasn't into LOTR and The Hobbit when these sets came out

6 hours ago, RogueTwo said:

I agree, Hogsmeade and Diagon Alley are the best candidates for D2Cs as far as I’m concerned - I think the question always was if the various pubs would be included in those larger sets, as opposed if they’d get sets of their own. I definitely like the idea of getting Madam Rosmerta and Aberforth Dumbledore as well, they’re both rather minor characters that have fun unique character designs. 

5 hours ago, Accio Lego said:

I agree, Hogsmeade and Diagon Alley are the best candidates for D2Cs as far as I’m concerned - I think the question always was if the various pubs would be included in those larger sets, as opposed if they’d get sets of their own. I definitely like the idea of getting Madam Rosmerta and Aberforth Dumbledore as well, they’re both rather minor characters that have fun unique character designs. 

Maybe even Aberfroth's goat patronus *oh2*

3 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Maybe even Aberfroth's goat patronus *oh2*

It would just be recoloring an existing piece, but I don’t think Aberforth’s goat ever appeared in the movies (he casts a patronus, but it’s one of those big shockwave ones that the studio never figured out were a lot less cool than a proper corporeal patronus). We’ve probably got a much better chance of getting DA ones next year and/or Snape’s for DH.   

On 6/23/2019 at 7:22 PM, RogueTwo said:

Also possibly Barliman Butterbur, the innkeeper from LOTR, from which JKR May also have lifted Longbottom and Bagshot.  

Aside from the various similarities such as sentient trees and huge spiders, there's also the auror Proudfoot who shares a name with the Proudfoot family of Hobbits :) 

23 hours ago, Accio Lego said:

We’ve probably got a much better chance of getting DA ones next year and/or Snape’s for DH.   

As the antlers on the stag are a separate material, would the stag body mold be able to be reused for the doe, with the small area the antlers attach filled in? 

59 minutes ago, Seaber said:

Aside from the various similarities such as sentient trees and huge spiders, there's also the auror Proudfoot who shares a name with the Proudfoot family of Hobbits :) 

As the antlers on the stag are a separate material, would the stag body mold be able to be reused for the doe, with the small area the antlers attach filled in? 

Ah, how did I forget about Proudfoot?  JKR sure loves her Hobbits!  :laugh:

And no, to the best of my knowledge, I don’t think the antlers can be “filled in,” but I’d love to be wrong. There’s also nothing to stop LEGO from releasing a brand new doe mold next year or the year after!

6 hours ago, Seaber said:

They’d need the original mold modified, or a separate ‘plug’ piece made, but it would still be better that making a new large creature from scratch. 

A doe is smaller than a stag, but not sure Lego mind that much since there animals often do not have the correct size anyway.. Depends on how much they need to modify it I guess, if it is too much then probably they just make a new mould. If the antlers was a removable piece of its own it is a no-brainer. It would make a nice little 15-20$ set so could actually happen that they make the doe as well :shrug_oh_well:

43 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

A doe is smaller than a stag, but not sure Lego mind that much since there animals often do not have the correct size anyway.. Depends on how much they need to modify it I guess, if it is too much then probably they just make a new mould. If the antlers was a removable piece of its own it is a no-brainer. It would make a nice little 15-20$ set so could actually happen that they make the doe as well :shrug_oh_well:

If they ever make a doe it's definetely just going to be the stag without its antlers. Just look at the Jurassic World dinosaurs, Carnotaurus uses the Indominus Rex body even though it's WAY smaller than the I-Rex. But on the other hand, they created 5 new molds (and 2 recolors) for the Indoraptor while a ''normal raptor'' with a new headmold would've worked fine (especially in terms of scale)

34 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

If they ever make a doe it's definetely just going to be the stag without its antlers.

Yes probably, but strange they did not make the antlers a separate piece and make it easer down the road :def_shrug:
Do not have the stag yet so hard to tell how it looks without the antlers..

7 hours ago, Roebuck said:
Yes probably, but strange they did not make the antlers a separate piece and make it easer down the road :def_shrug:
Do not have the stag yet so hard to tell how it looks without the antlers..

The antlers are a separate piece though - they’re made out of an entirely different plastic then the rest of the stag. It’d be fairly simple to just replace the antlers with a ‘blank’ piece when the animal is assembled in the factory. 

11 hours ago, Accio Lego said:

The antlers are a separate piece though - they’re made out of an entirely different plastic then the rest of the stag.

Yes I know, but somehow they are moulded together :shrug_oh_well:

11 hours ago, Accio Lego said:

It’d be fairly simple to just replace the antlers with a ‘blank’ piece when the animal is assembled in the factory. 

I can try to find out in September when I go there if it is easy or not :wink:

So for me, the only five characters that HAVE to appear in the OOTP wave (CMF counts if we get series two) are: Kingsley, Tonks, Sirius (Ministry), Lucius, and Bellatrix. Others are welcome but those are REQUIRED. For HBP, the only minifig I’m really desperate for is Draco in his black suit. 

2 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

(CMF counts if we get series two)

I'd say a CMF series 2 is a given. This line is so popular it got an Advent Calendar in it's first year of sets. Plus, the CMF series 1 sold incredibly well.  I'd see boxes of them being stocked and sold all the time.

1 hour ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

So for me, the only five characters that HAVE to appear in the OOTP wave (CMF counts if we get series two) are: Kingsley, Tonks, Sirius (Ministry), Lucius, and Bellatrix. Others are welcome but those are REQUIRED. For HBP, the only minifig I’m really desperate for is Draco in his black suit. 

I think my top pick for HBP would actually be Ron in his Quidditch keeper uniform. Not essential, but it'd just be a fun variant to have.

1 hour ago, tafkatb said:

I think my top pick for HBP would actually be Ron in his Quidditch keeper uniform. Not essential, but it'd just be a fun variant to have.

That would be the one I'd want... Ron in his quidditch uniform.

A yuleball version of Neville and Ginny would be amusing. Fred and George anything.

I'd add Kreacher to that list, he only appears in OotP and DH1 at Grimmauld Place, and that location mainly features in OotP.

OotP would also be a good way to get more Hogwarts house jumpers and robes for the DA members and Inquisitorial Squad. 

HBP introduces the Carrows, Greyback and Naricssa Malfoy.

New molds, possibly Fang, Grawp and the Centaurs.

59 minutes ago, Seaber said:

I'd add Kreacher to that list, he only appears in OotP and DH1 at Grimmauld Place, and that location mainly features in OotP.

OotP would also be a good way to get more Hogwarts house jumpers and robes for the DA members and Inquisitorial Squad. 

HBP introduces the Carrows, Greyback and Naricssa Malfoy.

New molds, possibly Fang, Grawp and the Centaurs.

I don't think we'll get the Carrows, they weren't that big of characters to begin with but they were barely in the movies as far as I remember

15 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

I don't think we'll get the Carrows, they weren't that big of characters to begin with but they were barely in the movies as far as I remember

If we do get them at all it will most likely be in sets for DH to fill in some bad guy roles in battle of Hogwarts sets. 

For CMF series 1 we got 22 figures but 6 were from FB. Assuming series 2 will have 16 HP figures, here’s what I would love to see:

Dudley, Vernon, Petunia, Fred (POA), George (POA), Fleur (3rd task), Krum (3rd task), Karkaroff, Rita Skeeter, Draco (robes), Crabbe (robes), Goyle (robes), Tonks, Kingsley, Madam Pomfrey, Kreacher. Although realistically, they probably have to have a Harry, Ron, and Hermione in there somewhere, maybe Quidditch World Cup variants?

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

5 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

If we do get them at all it will most likely be in sets for DH to fill in some bad guy roles in battle of Hogwarts sets. 

For CMF series 1 we got 22 figures but 6 were from FB. Assuming series 2 will have 16 HP figures, here’s what I would love to see:

Dudley, Vernon, Petunia, Fred (POA), George (POA), Fleur (3rd task), Krum (3rd task), Karkaroff, Rita Skeeter, Draco (robes), Crabbe (robes), Goyle (robes), Tonks, Kingsley, Madam Pomfrey, Kreacher. Although realistically, they probably have to have a Harry, Ron, and Hermione in there somewhere, maybe Quidditch World Cup variants?

That list is pretty much perfect if you'd ask me, but sadly I agree they'll have at least one variant of each of the main three