RandomSniper109

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors, Wishlists and Discussion

The only thing I think is a certainty is the Astronomy Tower. Kinda sucks that we likely won’t get the library building as a set though, kinda need that to replicate the ‘front’ view of hogwarts.

only parts I think are really needed to pull off a good hogwarts are great hall, grand staircase tower, clocktower, library building (east wing?), astronomy tower, bell towers, owlery  

So I’ve been thinking about the Astronomy Tower, and I’ve come to the conclusion that to make something that tall and skinny it really needs to have a much wider footprint on the base so it’s stable. 

This is making me like the idea of a OotP Astronomy Tower (to go with the GoF Clocktower) even more, since a wider base would be perfect for a room of requirement with a corridor to the side, allowing for a wall with a play feature in between. 

Im also wondering how workable it would be to spilt the Astronomy Tower into two sets (an upper part that can stand on its own but can also be placed on a lower part to obtain the proper hight) so that Lego could produce a larger portion of the castle without any of the standard sets going over the $100 price point. 

I could believe that they'd do the library or other buildings but just change the interior to something else just to complete the exterior.

11 hours ago, Taure said:

Wave 1 corresponded to Years 1-3 (Hogwarts Express was a Prisoner of Azkaban set) while wave 2 corresponded to years 3-4, so I think the idea is that each wave will overlap slightly with the previous wave. So it's possible that the 2020 wave will contain Goblet of Fire sets

Wave 1 was from 1-2; " We based these sets on movies 1 and 2 with a few bits from 3 added for flavour"! The flavour is basically a few figs in HE, the rest of the set could easily be from the first or second film.. Wave 2 is strictly sets from 3-4 and I believe the sets next year will be from 5-6 only. That said other stuff like the CMF, bricktober and advent calendar are not so strict with where the figs comes from, so figs from older waves is possible there..

11 hours ago, Taure said:

Set 3: Thestrals

Price: £20

Pieces: 150

A small set, this would contain a bit of Forbidden Forest scenery, a thestral (as moulded in Grindelwald's Escape), Harry and Luna.

This is a set I would like to see :sweet: I have a heard of 10-12 thestrals already, but can always have more :grin:

I make some thoughts and find a structure in the released sets from both waves

Every wave had a 19,99€ Forrest Set (Aragog & Expecto Patronum)

Every wave had a "flying" set (Quidditch & First Task)

Every wave had a vehicle set (Hogwarts Express & Knight Bus)

Every wave had a carriage set (Grindelwald's Escape & Beauxbatons Carriage)

Every wave had two parts of Hogwarts. One bigger more iconic one (Great Hall & Clock Tower) and one smaler part (not main Building) (Whomping Willow & Hagrid's Hut)

Now are only left Newt's Case and the Rise of Voldy. You can maybe put them together as non Hogwarts placement sets but here I don't really know.

So after seeing these structures I'm sure they will continue with some like making a 19,99€ set with Gwarp a tree Harry Firenze and Umbridge for example.

By other like the Vehicle category I'm not really sure, how they can continue. I don't really see sth from year 5-6 they can do there.

What are your thought on These structure guys?

1 hour ago, Minga 089 said:

I make some thoughts and find a structure in the released sets from both waves

Every wave had a 19,99€ Forrest Set (Aragog & Expecto Patronum)

Every wave had a "flying" set (Quidditch & First Task)

Every wave had a vehicle set (Hogwarts Express & Knight Bus)

Every wave had a carriage set (Grindelwald's Escape & Beauxbatons Carriage)

Every wave had two parts of Hogwarts. One bigger more iconic one (Great Hall & Clock Tower) and one smaler part (not main Building) (Whomping Willow & Hagrid's Hut)

Now are only left Newt's Case and the Rise of Voldy. You can maybe put them together as non Hogwarts placement sets but here I don't really know.

So after seeing these structures I'm sure they will continue with some like making a 19,99€ set with Gwarp a tree Harry Firenze and Umbridge for example.

By other like the Vehicle category I'm not really sure, how they can continue. I don't really see sth from year 5-6 they can do there.

What are your thought on These structure guys?

I actually think this is a complete coincidence (other than the large Hogwarts sets, of course).  I love your analysis, though.  Maybe you're on to something, who knows?  :thumbup:

It is true that LEGO loves their vehicles, but in that sense, the carriages could also count, because their are "roll-able," and not static buildings.  They are less modern, sure, but the Wizarding World is quite inconsistent in its technology.  :grin:

I think a Durmstrang Ship could make a good non-location set, if LEGO is so intent on it.  I know it's not from years 5-6, but that could be all right.  After all, the Advent Calendar we're getting this year is based on years 1-2, so there is precedent for a little backtracking.  Not to mention "forward-tracking," since last year's Hogwarts Express was Azkaban-themed (other than the Trolley Witch, but even she is in the Azkaban book).  Otherwise, you're right, vehicles get a bit scarce.  

We could get a second Thestral carriage, I suppose, since the carriages in Order of the Phoenix (the movie) have a very different design from Azkaban or Crimes of Grindelwald.  It might be a bit soon for a re-release that is so similar, but then again, getting Harry, Luna, Neville, and/or Cho in a set with a Thestral would be pretty great.  Especially because I imagine both Fantastic Beasts sets will be discontinued by next summer, and I can't see them not reusing the Thestral mold.

Edited by RogueTwo
clarity

I hope the carriage from the august sets does well. I'd really love to get sets for each of the vehicles from that scene and maybe some other challenges.

I'd also LOVE a Thestral Carriage set. Maybe with a build on their back that lets the wings fold down to the sides so they fit better to draw a carriage in pairs.

The second wave of LOTR sets had the Corsair ship, one reason being that it was something Pirates fans would likely get even if they didn't care about the films it was based on. 

I'm pretty sure the Durmstrang ship is an attractive idea to Lego for that reason. 

It's only really the motorbike and Hogwarts carriages after that, maybe the Gringotts carts as well. 

So, just to circle back to the brick-built Niffler speculation, an image has surfaced of a Jurassic Park D2C that I'd say further confirms the viability of large, detailed creature models...

1 hour ago, tafkatb said:

So, just to circle back to the brick-built Niffler speculation, an image has surfaced of a Jurassic Park D2C that I'd say further confirms the viability of large, detailed creature models...

I don’t think I would buy a big brick built Niffler, but it would definitely be an interesting set and very appealing to some. Just not the style of set I prefer to collect unless I have the spare cash (not likely)

I definitely hope they reuse the Thestral for an OOTP set, but I lessbit was included with a section of Hogwarts, I don’t see them making another Thestral carriage set. Durmstrang Ship is a must in my opinion. It would be phenomenal if they made it and included the second task in the same set (as unlikely as they seems). I do think the next CMF series will feature a lot of characters from GOF including variants of characters we’ve gotten. There are too many missing ones from GOF for it not to include a lot

6 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I do think the next CMF series will feature a lot of characters from GOF including variants of characters we’ve gotten. There are too many missing ones from GOF for it not to include a lot

From my count we're missing the following GoF main characters: Crouch Snr (suit and trial), Crouch Jnr (trial), Rita Skeeter (weighing of the wands, first task, trial), Krum (uniform, coat, second task, third task), Fleur (second task, third task), Gabrielle (silver leotard), Maxime (first task, third task), Karkaroff (welcome feast, first task, second task, third task, yule ball, trial), Moody (yule ball, pajamas), Flitwick (yule ball), McGonagall (welcome feast, yule ball), Harry (second task), Cedric (second task, world cup), Amos Diggory (World cup, third task), Filch (darker coat than normal).

Lots of minor variants there and I haven't included any casual outfits from the trio or the Weasleys.

Regarding the HP collection, we have :

HP1 :

- Great Hall : sorting ceremony (exept the Basilik and Fawks)

- Quidditch Pitch : Snape rescue + no Malefoy

HP2 :

- Whomping Willow 

- Aragog

HP3

- Hogwarts Express : Dementor + Lupin

- Knight Bus

- Hagrid's Hut

- Forbidden Forest with Sirius 

HP4

- First Task

- Clock Tower : Yull Ball

- Beauxbatons Carriage

- Duel with Voldemort

The CMF is year 1-4 only (except for Luna Lovegood, which is year 5)

Years 1 and 2 are pretty poor... (Advent calendar is years 1-2 ?)

I Think next year will be year 5-6 and 2021 will be year 7 + other "missing" sets

50 minutes ago, frenfoi said:

I Think next year will be year 5-6 and 2021 will be year 7 + other "missing" sets 

Welcome :classic:
Do not forget that year 7 had had 2 movies, so I think 2021 will be movie 7 and 8.. 2022 missing sets or staring over with movie/year 1-2 again :shrug_oh_well:
Also probably more FB sets next year :wink:

7 hours ago, Roebuck said:

Welcome :classic:
Do not forget that year 7 had had 2 movies, so I think 2021 will be movie 7 and 8.. 2022 missing sets or staring over with movie/year 1-2 again :shrug_oh_well:
Also probably more FB sets next year :wink:

They might push back the FB sets we would have gotten next year, since the movie release has been pushed back a year :sceptic:. I’m not too happy about it but it would make sense. I do hope that when we do get more FB sets they’ll follow the method they used last year - i.e. a bigger more elaborate set from the previous movie and a smaller set based off something seen in the new trailer. Lego sets based off movie IPs are at their weakest when they can’t be screen accurate after all. 

As for the Harry Potter set timeline, yours seems about right. Although we could get something interesting in 2021 since it’s the 20th anniversary of the 1st movie/the first Lego sets. It would theoretically be a good way to advertise a Diagon Alley D2C, and they put out a special anniversary wave for Star Wars this year (although while I’d hope that Harry Potter will have proven popular enough for multiple waves a year by then, the Star Wars anniversary sets have gotten a lackluster reception from what I’ve heard, so Lego might not go for that again). 

I think so long as Harry Potter proves to be a strong seller we shouldn’t be surprised if Lego starts ‘filling in the gaps ‘ starting in 2022. 

1 hour ago, Accio Lego said:

Lego sets based off movie IPs are at their weakest when they can’t be screen accurate after all. 

Which is why I'd prefer lego to release sets AFTER a movie has come out instead of BEFORE. I'd rather wait a little longer and get more accurate sets then the other way around :wink:.

But I gotta give credit where credit is due: Grindelwald's Escape was pretty damn accurate

52 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Which is why I'd prefer lego to release sets AFTER a movie has come out instead of BEFORE. I'd rather wait a little longer and get more accurate sets then the other way around :wink:.

But I gotta give credit where credit is due: Grindelwald's Escape was pretty damn accurate

Except for Grindelwald...but the rest of the set was very nice

2 hours ago, Accio Lego said:

They might push back the FB sets we would have gotten next year, since the movie release has been pushed back a year :sceptic:. I’m not too happy about it but it would make sense. I do hope that when we do get more FB sets they’ll follow the method they used last year - i.e. a bigger more elaborate set from the previous movie and a smaller set based off something seen in the new trailer. Lego sets based off movie IPs are at their weakest when they can’t be screen accurate after all.

Yes it is unfortunate, but possible they will move them to match the next movie :def_shrug:

2 hours ago, Accio Lego said:

As for the Harry Potter set timeline, yours seems about right. Although we could get something interesting in 2021 since it’s the 20th anniversary of the 1st movie/the first Lego sets. It would theoretically be a good way to advertise a Diagon Alley D2C, and they put out a special anniversary wave for Star Wars this year (although while I’d hope that Harry Potter will have proven popular enough for multiple waves a year by then, the Star Wars anniversary sets have gotten a lackluster reception from what I’ve heard, so Lego might not go for that again). 

I think so long as Harry Potter proves to be a strong seller we shouldn’t be surprised if Lego starts ‘filling in the gaps ‘ starting in 2022

I do not think they will give HP any anniversary sets, when they seem to forgot about this years pirates anniversary.. Actually I think we may get a D2C next year already, but not so sure it will be Diagon alley.

1. they have done it before
  2. Lego often make D2C we do not expect or see coming

The optimal way to get Diagon alley would probably be to do as they do with Hogwarts, give us one shop in a set once or twice a year until we got the hole street :wub:

41 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

Yes it is unfortunate, but possible they will move them to match the next movie :def_shrug:

I do not think they will give HP any anniversary sets, when they seem to forgot about this years pirates anniversary.. Actually I think we may get a D2C next year already, but not so sure it will be Diagon alley.

1. they have done it before
  2. Lego often make D2C we do not expect or see coming

The optimal way to get Diagon alley would probably be to do as they do with Hogwarts, give us one shop in a set once or twice a year until we got the hole street :wub:

I'd almost say make it a modular building series but that wouldn't really work as the modular buildings are larger than most of the buildings in DA. I would really like to see some DA shops though, maybe just a shop with a piece of street and a few figures. Wouldn't even matter to much if they were open at the back or closed if you'd ask me

31 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

I do not think they will give HP any anniversary sets, when they seem to forgot about this years pirates anniversary.

As Aanchir mentioned in the Pirates anniversary discussion thread, "twenty years of" is a lot more marketable than "twenty years since," which is why the things that have gotten anniversary marketing pushes in recent years (Technic, the modern LEGO brick, minifigures, LEGO Star Wars) have been themes or elements that have had a continuous presence since their introduction.

That said, sets like the Ecto-1, 1966 Batcave, and now the Apollo 11 Lunar Lander have focused on the anniversaries of their source material, so Harry Potter stands a better chance of getting some kind of anniversary-themed marketing than Pirates ever did. It just wouldn't be framed as the 20th anniversary of LEGO Harry Potter so much as just the 20th anniversary of the film franchise.

Diagon Alley is the best candidate for D2C, although I too would like it divided into few sets. It could be started in the next wave with Weasleys shop (, expanded in 2021 with Gringotts, which ideally would be detachable from the underground section with vaults and the dragon. Then circle back to year one with Leaky Cauldron and Ollivander's and later Flourish & Blotts, Quidditch shop and maybe also Borgin & Burkes

As for D2C - it should be Hogsmeade. Main street consisting of Three Broomsticks, Honeydukes and Hog's Head, with Shrieking Shack and perhaps train station on the side. I know, a bit weird to have two pubs, but that's the movies' fault for not depicting Zonko's and Madame Puddifoot's :laugh:

I think splitting up Diagon Alley would be best, because you could separate the buildings by their appearances in films, but I could see this working less because they're already doing Hogwarts as a modular so they'd have to differentiate it.

Known locations according to HP wiki:

1. 2nd Hand Brooms
  2. Amanuensis Quills
  3. Apothecary
  4. Broomstix
  5. Eeylops Owl Emporium
  6. Florean Fortescue's Ice Cream Parlour
  7. Flourish and Blotts
  8. Gambol and Japes Wizarding Joke Shop
  9. Gringotts Wizarding Bank
  10. Healer Shop
  11. Junk shop
  12. The Leaky Cauldron
  13. Madam Malkin's Robes for All Occasions
  14. Madam Primpernelle's Beautifying Potions
  15. Magical Menagerie
  16. Obscurus Books
  17. Ollivanders
  18. Potage's Cauldron Shop
  19. Quality Quidditch Supplies
  20. Rosa Lee Teabag
  21. Scribbulus Writing Instruments
  22. Second-Hand Bookshop
  23. Second-Hand Robes
  24. Slug & Jiggers Apothecary
  25. Sugarplum's Sweets Shop
  26. TerrorTours
  27. The Ministry Press
  28. The Daily Prophet's main office
  29. Twilfitt and Tatting's
  30. Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes
  31. Whizz Hard Books
  32. Wiseacre's Wizarding Equipment
  33. Various Stalls and Peddlers

So plenty to choice from if Lego started a series, personally I would like to see Eeylops Owl Emporium and Magical Menagerie done :wink:
To differentiate them from Hogwarts should not be difficult, they do not look the same and most of the shops are small so half the size/price of the Hogwarts sets would do the trick (exception is Gringotts) :classic:

11 hours ago, BenderBrau said:

Diagon Alley is the best candidate for D2C, although I too would like it divided into few sets. It could be started in the next wave with Weasleys shop (, expanded in 2021 with Gringotts, which ideally would be detachable from the underground section with vaults and the dragon. Then circle back to year one with Leaky Cauldron and Ollivander's and later Flourish & Blotts, Quidditch shop and maybe also Borgin & Burkes

As for D2C - it should be Hogsmeade. Main street consisting of Three Broomsticks, Honeydukes and Hog's Head, with Shrieking Shack and perhaps train station on the side. I know, a bit weird to have two pubs, but that's the movies' fault for not depicting Zonko's and Madame Puddifoot's :laugh:

I am 100% on board with these ideas. If I could really have my way, I'd throw in Florean Fortescue's as well, but I don't remember if that even showed up in the movies - I just really liked the ice cream there when I went to Universal Studios. :tongue:

I really would like a big and complete Diagon Alley as well.

But I see them never doing it. Because I don't see the smaller shops selling that well for Children, TLG primary target group.

For HBP I expected either a "small" D2C Diagon Alley similar to the 2011 one (Maybe slightly bigger and more expensive), or in my opinion most likely only a big Weasleys Wizard Wheezes with some play future as a exclusive set similar to the Hogwarts Express. Price could be 79,99€ and including Fred, George, Ron, Harry, Hermione, Ginny, Cormac, Lavender.

For DH I expected them to do a Gringotts and Maybe if we are lucky later when they come back to the earlier movies a COS Borgin & Burke's.

15 minutes ago, Minga 089 said:

I really would like a big and complete Diagon Alley as well.

But I see them never doing it. Because I don't see the smaller shops selling that well for Children, TLG primary target group.

For HBP I expected either a "small" D2C Diagon Alley similar to the 2011 one (Maybe slightly bigger and more expensive), or in my opinion most likely only a big Weasleys Wizard Wheezes with some play future as a exclusive set similar to the Hogwarts Express. Price could be 79,99€ and including Fred, George, Ron, Harry, Hermione, Ginny, Cormac, Lavender.

For DH I expected them to do a Gringotts and Maybe if we are lucky later when they come back to the earlier movies a COS Borgin & Burke's.

I agree, I think I’m order to get the most out of it and still make sets that would sell well, the best option is to make Weasley’s Wizard Weazes for the HBP wave (maybe it can include Borgin and Burke), and then do Gringotts in the DH1 wave. Then maybe they could do a stand-alone Olivanders down the line after they circle back. Realistically those are the only shops Lego will give us from Daigon Alley. Maybe one or two small ones thrown in on the side. Either way, I really want the dragon from Gringotts but after the disaster that is the new Horntail, I’m not sure what to hope for