40648300113_8e36c91083_z.jpg

Hi everyone. I recreated of the New York's City's candy store, Dylan's Candy Bar, all completely in Legos. Candy MOCs are a rare sight in the Lego community these days, and I figured it would be a treat (pun intended) to offer the Lego world a realistic model of a great amazing candy store. 

This candy store has everything you would expect a candy store to have: jelly bean machines, chocolate bunny, candy shelves with chocolate dripping of the top sides, lollipops, cotton candy wagons, peppermint seats, and on and on! A lot of these furniture like the jelly bean machine and the chocolate bunny have never been created in Lego before so I hope to offer a new change! This Lego set is not edible though! :D  

More photos here: https://ideas.lego.com/projects/6d80876d-eef7-4da8-8ca3-258d2603637d

Hopefully you have 'sweet' time enjoying these colorful pics! 

47620459772_c53900be77.jpg32672303117_7b93b9f75f.jpg

47614821401_95f5b9bfc3_b.jpg

46703831335_950ee4d2f1.jpg

Edited by UTAustinBL
Changed images from Flickr for better resolution.

My initial draft of Dylan's Candy Bar was actually a modular version of this candy store and I would have loved to submit it to Lego Ideas. However, it took way too many pieces; most approved ideas on Lego Ideas typically fall <2000 pieces. All modulars that have been submitted thus far since 2014 have been rejected. A lot of open-sets (no roofs- full displays) had most success in approval. It would be nice for someone to add a suitable rooftop to this set or even integrate it into an existing mall!

Edited by UTAustinBL

This is very well designed. Makes me want to go back and finish my own candy store MOC I was making a little while ago.

The colors are fantastic, and the micro-builds are impressive. The use of the technic pulley wheel as a lolipop display stand is so simple and mind blowing. The M&M dispenser is fantastic, so is the cotton candy cart. Despite the immense amount of details, the clutter is not overwhelming and makes it easy to keep looking for surprising details. :thumbup:

Edited by Overcold

Thanks Overcold, :) its great to hear extensive feedback and am happy to hear that the furniture looks realistic!