Vonsek

LEGO Stranger Things Rumours Discussion

1 hour ago, Foxes Productionz said:

Damn, can’t believe we’re actually getting a Stranger Things set

Yeaaah, neither can I. :distressed: 

I’m excited... but after all that work I put into my ideas set it is a little bittersweet.

Well. now you know Lego didn't reject your project due to appropriate content issues as they purported. :wink:

1 hour ago, StoneWarsDE said:

I know, thats what I thought since March when I first wrote about the possibility of this set... LEGO Ideas really screws people over sometimes I think.

Speaking of LEGO Ideas though, I see your info confirms the Treehouse for August at $279.99!!! :thumbup: *huh*

If this set is indeed of Joyce Byers' house, I'm personally hoping that all the depictions of characters and events portrayed take exclusively from Season 1. It'd be a little too much I feel to try also representing the second season to some degree in such a set, given its $199.99 price tag. I mean, as far as figures go, I think the essentials should be Mike Wheeler, Will Byers, Dustin Henderson, Lucas Sinclair, Eleven, Joyce Byers, Chief Hopper, Nancy Wheeler, Jonathan Byers, Steve Harrington, and lastly the Demogorgon, all as seen in the first season. That should ironically put us at, ELEVEN FIGURES:laugh:

Only this January - so it's likely that the official set was already under production.

It‘s more than just likely in that case since the production process usually takes a whole year :wink: Their response was the only viable option then... unless they wanted to admit that an official one was already in production :grin:

Man, I though this was all one big troll or hoax up until this point.  Glad this ended up being real, or else we’d have a lot of disappointed people (myself included).

2 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Speaking of LEGO Ideas though, I see your info confirms the Treehouse for August at $279.99!!! :thumbup: *huh*

Keep in mind that this is Australian Dollars. That could be around 175 - 200 USD or Euro. Still: This is a good price point for the rumored part count.

I wonder how the Upside-Down inversion of things may be portrayed in this set, if in any way at all. :shrug_confused:

9 minutes ago, StoneWarsDE said:

Keep in mind that this is Australian Dollars. That could be around 175 - 200 USD or Euro. Still: This is a good price point for the rumored part count.

Yeah, I know, @TeriXeri had brought that up elsewhere. :classic:

3 minutes ago, Vonsek said:

Eh i’d rather see the set based off of S2, to be fair

Nah, I feel the first season is much more classically definitive of the show in its entirety for most people.

41 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

I wonder how the Upside-Down inversion of things may be portrayed in this set, if in any way at all. :shrug_confused:

Yeah, I know, @TeriXeri had brought that up elsewhere. :classic:

Nah, I feel the first season is much more classically definitive of the show in its entirety for most people.

I feel like there is definitely not going to be a whole other house in Upside down form; thinking they’ll do small portions, like rooms etc.

2 hours ago, Foxes Productionz said:

Only this January - so it's likely that the official set was already under production.

Oh, undoubtedly (assuming this thing is for real, which seems likely though I still can’t quite bring myself to believe it *huh* ). If it’s coming anytime close to May, it has to have been in the works for more than a year already, possibly two. Especially if it’s as large as the price implies, I don’t see this being something whipped together in an afternoon, if you catch my drift. Most likely (again, assuming this is happening) this was being developed back in 2017.

10 minutes ago, Vonsek said:

I feel like there is definitely not going to be a whole other house in Upside down form; thinking they’ll do small portions, like rooms etc.

My guess is there'll be a "corrupted" Upside-Down copy of the front of Joyce's House on the opposite side of the "real-world" front of the house where the house's back would otherwise be. I mean, yeah, I wasn't at all expecting to see something like this:

8 minutes ago, Blondie-Wan said:

If it’s coming anytime close to May, it has to have been in the works for more than a year already, possibly two. Especially if it’s as large as the price implies, I don’t see this being something whipped together in an afternoon, if you catch my drift. Most likely (again, assuming this is happening) this was being developed back in 2017.

I feel they most likely want to have it released by then to coincide with the release of Season Three two months later:

If this set is indeed of Joyce Byers' house, I'm personally hoping that all the depictions of characters and events portrayed take exclusively from Season 1. It'd be a little too much I feel to try also representing the second season to some degree in such a set, given its $199.99 price tag. I mean, as far as figures go, I think the essentials should be Mike Wheeler, Will Byers, Dustin Henderson, Lucas Sinclair, Eleven, Joyce Byers, Chief Hopper, Nancy Wheeler, Jonathan Byers, Steve Harrington, and lastly the Demogorgon, all as seen in the first season. That should ironically put us at, ELEVEN FIGURES:laugh:

This is the exact minifigure lineup I’m hoping for. It covers all the essentials, it would be perfect. I feel like side characters like Barb would be dead weight in this set

Can't believe this may actually be happening! I'm curious to see what the set will comprise of. Hopefully it's a good representation of the series so far. There's certainly a LOT of ground to cover in a single set.

Having a hard time processing this info, LEGO Stranger Things... Awesome!

I probably won't be 100% convinced before I see photos of the actual set, but certainly hoping for as many figures as possible.

1 hour ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I feel like side characters like Barb would be dead weight in this set

Still too soon, man.

A corpsey version of Barb would be awesome, let's face it. 

My guess is there'll be a "corrupted" Upside-Down copy of the front of Joyce's House on the opposite side of the "real-world" front of the house where the house's back would otherwise be. 

I think it's entirely more likely they would just include parts to swap out and decorate the house with to make it the upside down version rather than include two houses. 

Edited by Ultron

1 hour ago, Ultron said:

1 hour ago, Ultron said:

A corpsey version of Barb would be awesome, let's face it. 

Uhhhh....

Not sure how that would be "awesome"  :tongue:

Lego would never include a corpse in a set that isn't a skeleton anyways - especially not if it's as gruesome as Barb's

Edited by Puresh

21 hours ago, Puresh said:

Just repeating it on here for everyone who doesn't know, if a Winona Ryder figure is included in this rumored set, I'm eating it on camera

I want a livestream!

Plot twist: The set is actually DUPLO :laugh:

You said "figure", not "minifigure".............

Just now, Robert8 said:

I want a livestream!

Plot twist: The set is actually DUPLO :laugh:

You said "figure", not "minifigure".............

My throat hurts just thinking about that :roflmao:

Puresh can always get around it by pointing out that it isn’t a Winona Ryder figure, it’s a Joyce Byers figure. LEGO hasn’t made any figures of Chris Pratt, Harrison Ford, Cate Blanchett, Samuel L. Jackson, Johnny Depp, etc., but they’ve done plenty of figures of characters played by those performers.

21 minutes ago, Blondie-Wan said:

Puresh can always get around it by pointing out that it isn’t a Winona Ryder figure, it’s a Joyce Byers figure. LEGO hasn’t made any figures of Chris Pratt, Harrison Ford, Cate Blanchett, Samuel L. Jackson, Johnny Depp, etc., but they’ve done plenty of figures of characters played by those performers.

I... don't even remember the original quote, I think @Vonsek still has a screenshot of it