Vonsek

LEGO Stranger Things Rumours Discussion

17 minutes ago, Chiaroscuro said:

Shit! After hours trying to buy the ST sets and the website never allowing me now it is back ordered!

And the site charged me instantly and not when the set ships!

Awesome service as usual, LEGO

Backordered since it was up.

That’s odd. I don’t seem to be having that issue.

I'll wait till double VIP points or a good GWP or a discount(Unlikely though) cause I'm not rich and I'd like to get my moneys worth. Though in the mean time I tried many hand at some purist ST figs, not entirely happy with them but they're okay. They're in this thread if anyone has any suggestion for improvements or if anyone has any of their own ideas for purist figs, I'd love to see/read them.

Edited by Agent Kallus
link

1 hour ago, Yochip said:

That’s odd. I don’t seem to be having that issue.

After some research, It seems that is a common problem when the LEGO site switches a product to available. It becomes “backordered” than “available” and I got caught in the middle of the process...

But now the ST set says “in process” at my order history page, while another set that I bought together says “in warehouse “. Maybe it goes through . What your order status states?

16 minutes ago, Chiaroscuro said:

After some research, It seems that is a common problem when the LEGO site switches a product to available. It becomes “backordered” than “available” and I got caught in the middle of the process...

But now the ST set says “in process” at my order history page, while another set that I bought together says “in warehouse “. Maybe it goes through . What your order status states?

In Warehouse for me. Been like that for 7 hours...

20 minutes ago, Vonsek said:

In Warehouse for me. Been like that for 7 hours...

Same here :wink: I hope it’s dispatched today, otherwise it won’t arrive before the weekend :sadnew:

33 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Same here :wink: I hope it’s dispatched today, otherwise it won’t arrive before the weekend :sadnew:

Please let me know whenever it ships for you

My order had 2 itens. The second one was already shipped. The ST set is still “in process”. And I should have been one of the first US orders since I was caught in the middle of the not available - backordered - available process.

Castle Byers is selling for a metric sh**load on eBay

There was one being sold for $100, which was gone in a matter of minutes! Currently, there are some up for bidding, but all of them are already assembled, with the stickers applied

I feel bad for everyone, myself included, who wanted to get one of them :sad:

@Whovastron you can't believe how lucky you are to live close to Leicester Square - keep that set in good condition, you won't regret it if you suddenly need $500 in a few years :wink:

1 hour ago, Puresh said:

Castle Byers is selling for a metric sh**load on eBay

There was one being sold for $100, which was gone in a matter of minutes! Currently, there are some up for bidding, but all of them are already assembled, with the stickers applied

I feel bad for everyone, myself included, who wanted to get one of them :sad:

@Whovastron you can't believe how lucky you are to live close to Leicester Square - keep that set in good condition, you won't regret it if you suddenly need $500 in a few years :wink:

I reckon they’ll go down fairly quickly. Hype is real right now.

i even got Justin to write my name on my set so I wouldn’t be tempted to sell in the future, a collectors item for myself only!

1 hour ago, Puresh said:

They weren't even that limited. Staff were actively just giving out multiples, one staff member was helping a lady build 4 sets to take with her.

10 minutes ago, Brick Cucumber said:

They weren't even that limited. Staff were actively just giving out multiples, one staff member was helping a lady build 4 sets to take with her.

Well, given that the store said that only 400 people would be let in, I assume they had around 500 copies in the store. They totally overestimated how many people would come (didn't Whovastron say that there are about 150 there?) so they gave out the rest of the copies to those who asked. But that doesn't change the fact that the set was only ever given out in one store in the US and one in the UK and only on that one midnight opening. Assuming my theory of 500 per store is right, that's exactly 1000 copies worldwide. Let's assume that at least 80% of the sets that were given out were also built, with the stickers applied. Then we have about 200 set without the stickers applied to them

Edited by Puresh

This was pretty cool. Jonathans face is off, though. What face would be more accurate?

Just now, Vonsek said:
This was pretty cool. Jonathans face is off, though. What face would be more accurate?

Nancy should have a red jacket - also not sure why she's wearing white gloves? I also don't think the hair works for Steve. The one for Sirius Black works 10x better from the front (even if the back is too long)

No idea what face could work for Jonathan sadly, he has as very distinct face

20 minutes ago, Vonsek said:

I think Jonathan would fit the Professor Quirrel face from Harry Potter

Just now, topiku said:

Oh, that works perfectly!

Let’s hope this D2C sells well so we get a second one like with Simpsons ?

20 minutes ago, topiku said:

I used Bilbo’s face for my custom Jonathan

2 hours ago, Puresh said:

Well, given that the store said that only 400 people would be let in, I assume they had around 500 copies in the store. They totally overestimated how many people would come (didn't Whovastron say that there are about 150 there?) so they gave out the rest of the copies to those who asked. But that doesn't change the fact that the set was only ever given out in one store in the US and one in the UK and only on that one midnight opening. Assuming my theory of 500 per store is right, that's exactly 1000 copies worldwide. Let's assume that at least 80% of the sets that were given out were also built, with the stickers applied. Then we have about 200 set without the stickers applied to them

It wasn’t like that, I think I already said, and there is a picture on the thread somewhere. But there’s weren’t sets that were ‘given out’. There were literally just tubs of 100s of bricks and you had to go through them to find the pieces to make your set, and about 30 people had to share 10 instruction sheets. There weren’t employees making sure people got a set, it was just a free-for-all on these bins of bricks, and they kept refilling the bins with just cardboard boxes full of more bricks. People didn’t have to ask to receive the build at all, you just had to be willing to fight through the crowd to get to the bricks

59 minutes ago, topiku said:

Marty Mcfly could work too, has a slight sunken eye look

2 hours ago, Vonsek said:

Let’s hope this D2C sells well so we get a second one like with Simpsons ?

The Simpsons didn't get a second D2C because the first one sold well, it got a second D2C because they planned on two from the start. So... I guess it's more like "Let's hope there's another one in the works"?

7 hours ago, Whovastron said:

It wasn’t like that, I think I already said, and there is a picture on the thread somewhere. But there’s weren’t sets that were ‘given out’. There were literally just tubs of 100s of bricks and you had to go through them to find the pieces to make your set, and about 30 people had to share 10 instruction sheets. There weren’t employees making sure people got a set, it was just a free-for-all on these bins of bricks, and they kept refilling the bins with just cardboard boxes full of more bricks. People didn’t have to ask to receive the build at all, you just had to be willing to fight through the crowd to get to the bricks

Oh, I didn't know that. I just assumed it was like the Jurassic World Make N Take from 2015, where everyone got a small bag with all the pieces, a small instruction manual and stickers inside