Vonsek

LEGO 2019 Stranger Things Rumours Discussion

Recommended Posts

Someone on another forum mentioned that an Australian toy store posted a list of "limited release LEGO comming soon" including things like the new Empire State Building, Flintstones, Steamboat Willie, Mustang and some other stuff. On that list was this item "75810 LEGO Stranger Things $ 349.99"

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Portal Out said:

If the set does turn out to be Joyce’s house, I really hope we can get some side builds in the set too.  I feel like Hopper’s cop car or Will’s fort in the woods could translate over to Lego amazingly.

As much as Hopper’s car and Will’s fort are nice if the focus is on the Buyer’s house I really hope that a side build would be the Hawkins Lab Van, it’s a very iconic vehicle from the show and honestly could totally be it’s own set.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Foxes Productionz said:

As much as Hopper’s car and Will’s fort are nice if the focus is on the Buyer’s house I really hope that a side build would be the Hawkins Lab Van, it’s a very iconic vehicle from the show and honestly could totally be it’s own set.

That’s a great idea, I hadn’t even thought of that!  I really hope they don’t hold back on this set because it might be our only chance to get these builds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There’s a midnight set release event happening at the Leicester Square store May 15th, I reckon it might be this set 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The biggest mystery about this set is how they managed to prevent the minifigs from leaking, if the release date is this close *huh* They probably banished the leakers to the Upside Down :grin:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

The biggest mystery about this set is how they managed to prevent the minifigs from leaking, if the release date is this close *huh* They probably banished the leakers to the Upside Down :grin:

Maybe because the set will include no minifigure’s  :iamded_lol: :devil_laugh:

 

Which would just be absolute pure evil.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Portal Out said:

If the set does turn out to be Joyce’s house, I really hope we can get some side builds in the set too.  I feel like Hopper’s cop car or Will’s fort in the woods could translate over to Lego amazingly.

blazer24.jpg

Indeed! If there are any side builds complementary to the house, only those two would be ideal! :thumbup:

11 hours ago, Foxes Productionz said:

As much as Hopper’s car and Will’s fort are nice if the focus is on the Buyer’s house I really hope that a side build would be the Hawkins Lab Van, it’s a very iconic vehicle from the show and honestly could totally be it’s own set.

Well, if one of the potential side builds were to be a Lab Van, then Dr. Brenner would have to be included alongside.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lego-Freak said:

The biggest mystery about this set is how they managed to prevent the minifigs from leaking, if the release date is this close *huh* They probably banished the leakers to the Upside Down :grin:

The set or at least the figures are probably not produced in China or any other place where minifigures leak. If they produced it in Billund, then there would be no leaks.
 

12 hours ago, jonwil said:

Someone on another forum mentioned that an Australian toy store posted a list of "limited release LEGO comming soon" including things like the new Empire State Building, Flintstones, Steamboat Willie, Mustang and some other stuff. On that list was this item "75810 LEGO Stranger Things $ 349.99"

 

Thats correct, I wrote about that under the link thats in the first post on this thread. But it's 349,99 Australian Dollars which will probably be converted to 199,99 USD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
 
1
1 hour ago, Foxes Productionz said:

Maybe because the set will include no minifigure’s  :iamded_lol: :devil_laugh:

Don't even give Lego any ideas :roflmao:

If there's no Joyce, I'm going to film a video of me burning the house instead 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Curious that the leak has spawned  from downunder...or ‘upside down’ to those in the northern hemisphere. And a Toyworld in Perth of all places. :distressed: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Vonsek said:

According to @dimaks13, reveal is May 15th and not May 1st as speculated.

Apparently it is to be revealed the day before vip release. I reckon they don’t want to risk bad press for releasing an adult product before release. Announce and release same day for maximum purchases

Edited by Whovastron

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Whovastron said:

Apparently it is to be revealed the day before vip release. I reckon they don’t want to risk bad press for releasing an adult product before release. Announce and release same day for maximum purchases

I guess that sort of makes sense, they did the same for James Bond.

It still baffles me that they would do it though, the Bond car sold terribly the day it was released because no one was expecting to be able to buy it instantly and even those few who did had to save up for a product they didn't even know what it looked like

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Puresh said:

I guess that sort of makes sense, they did the same for James Bond.

It still baffles me that they would do it though, the Bond car sold terribly the day it was released because no one was expecting to be able to buy it instantly and even those few who did had to save up for a product they didn't even know what it looked like

I think the Bond set also had the night price for what it was, and the fact it was widely negatively received for just not looking great,  bring down its sales. If this set is minifig scale, well priced and depicts something people like, it will more than likely do better than that car. I love the DB5 as a car, but the Lego set just doesn’t look good enough.

im very intrigued as to what this set will actually be. Will all those pieces really just be for the Byres house? Is it that iconic a place in the series to warrant it? But then again what else is there? The school? the lab? Those seem too big. Unless it’s some sort of half-our world, half-upside down type of set.

also, will it be based on series 1, 2 or 3? I would say it’s likely 1, but does that mean we won’t get Max? Or billy? I literally have no idea what this set is gonna be

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Whovastron said:

im very intrigued as to what this set will actually be. Will all those pieces really just be for the Byres house? Is it that iconic a place in the series to warrant it? But then again what else is there? The school? the lab? Those seem too big. Unless it’s some sort of half-our world, half-upside down type of set.

also, will it be based on series 1, 2 or 3? I would say it’s likely 1, but does that mean we won’t get Max? Or billy? I literally have no idea what this set is gonna be

My bets are pretty much on it being Joyce's House as depicted only in the first season, with perhaps one or two side builds (preferably Hopper's truck and/or Fort Byers) and extra parts to "Upside-Down" those builds (alternatively, I could see the house in particular possibly being "half our reality/half Upside-Down" like you suggested).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The image LEGO teased on facebook shows the top of Will's head, so I'd say it's pretty conclusive the Stranger Things set comes out May 15th. See the images below where I found a corresponding screenshot. 

q6fiKSEh.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Vorkosigan said:

The image LEGO teased on facebook shows the top of Will's head, so I'd say it's pretty conclusive the Stranger Things set comes out May 15th. See the images below where I found a corresponding screenshot. 

Good detective work!! :look:

The image in the file is very clearly the same as the Will head shot. I think this pretty much confirms that we are receiving a Stranger Things set.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep, that‘s unmistakably the same picture, well done :thumbup:

So, this is it, the final proof we needed :sweet: @Puresh: Get your condiments ready, you‘re gonna need them :iamded_lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

YES! I was still wondering, but damn it’s actually true.

thinking about all those neysayers right now haha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Vorkosigan said:

The image LEGO teased on facebook shows the top of Will's head, so I'd say it's pretty conclusive the Stranger Things set comes out May 15th. See the images below where I found a corresponding screenshot. 

 

i totally missed that. Thanks. yeah haha, that's Will alright.

Just for some more confirmation: 

https://giphy.com/gifs/QX25KbSTbVecoha48r

Edited by Vonsek

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Legoman123 said:

I thought Stranger Things was an adult TV Show, well maybe not adult but its nit meant for kids?  

It is, there’s a fair bit of gore and scares. I think Lego are edging towards producing more adult sets. They’ve really gathered a larger adult market over the past few years, and with all the 80s stuff, then 007, and now this, I think they’re going fully towards some adult themed sets. Nothing too crazy, I doubt we’d ever get game of thrones or something like that. But something like stranger things that walks the line 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.