Vonsek

LEGO 2019 Stranger Things Rumours Discussion

Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, Alegrispa said:

Damn, poor Will. TLG is no stranger to making terrified kid-faces, but he is sleep-deprived and traumatized. Holy crap- I know this probably isn't the place to discuss it, but I never thought about what Will thought when he first got trapped in the Upside Down. Did he think it was a nightmare at first? Did he maybe think he was in hell?

Demigorgon has a closed faceprint - nice.

Also, I'm really curious about the structure. Obviously they designed it well enough to hold at first, but like the UCS Slave I shows (don't own one, just know about the issue), gravity's a bitch.

Personally I think that issue with the slave 1 is a bit fabricated. I remember there being arguments about it. My one has been sitting happily for almost 2 years and hasn’t changed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Blondie-Wan said:

Another one, when they already have 2x2 tiles? Huh. A 1x1 is probably closer to accurate in scale (not that scale is ever truly accurate when it comes to anything involving minifigures), but I’d rather have gotten more waffle tiles to match the one already available.

 

5 hours ago, Puresh said:

I guess they don't have any of those pieces anymore - it's been 5 years since we last saw them in a set. You also have to remember that Netflix had a lot to say about the product design. If they wanted smaller waffles, they, got smaller waffles 

It's because these are Eggo brand waffles, which are smaller than typical waffles. Really, I admire this accuracy, as I'm doubting few would have noticed if they had just cheaped out and used the regular waffle piece.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This set is a must buy for me, definitely under the top 3 of this year

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, topiku said:

This set is a must buy for me, definitely under the top 3 of this year

Top 3 of all time for me, it couldn't have been better. Plus I love the show to death so that plays a part in it too

Edited by Puresh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmmm, I'm not quite fond of Hopper's face... :thumbdown: :sceptic:

But, besides that, I can't wait to see the potential Designer Video for this set, as it's gotta be a technical milestone as far as Lego sets go! :thumbup: :sweet:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Damn Hoppers face really doesn’t look good. Still gonna use the Venkman hair on him though.

EDIT: I’m definitely going to the midnight reveal tomorrow, I’ll be sure post some pics of the set from there! Hopefully the ‘netflix And build’ thing is an exclusive mini build, I’ll post that too 

Edited by Whovastron

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, incognito said:

what about The Simpsons?

But I don't see any more ST sets coming, either.

 

Simpsons had two yearly D2C large sets (which I can see Lego doing for ST if this set sells week) and a minifig series (which is pretty common to be released with a large D2C set as a way to populate it - see Disney Castle) but I do not see they releasing a minifig series for ST due to the adult nature of the IP and the fact that minifig blind bags are impulse buys at stores.

 

There weren’t smaller sets for Simpsons outside the Dimensions ones.

Edited by Chiaroscuro

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Im starting to think this Stranger Things rumor might be real :look:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Im starting to think this Stranger Things rumor might be real :look:

jjpsleaksite when the stranger things set gets revealed

”they called me a madman,  but what I predicted came to pass’

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Whovastron said:

Personally I think that issue with the slave 1 is a bit fabricated. I remember there being arguments about it. My one has been sitting happily for almost 2 years and hasn’t changed

Mine has fallen over a couple times. It typically stays just fine but it falls at the slightest provocation 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Though I'm quite certain designers have engineered a solution to such using preexisting parts, I just can't help but wonder if they introduced any new parts to help aid in the binding of the two houses together. :shrug_oh_well:

47 minutes ago, Whovastron said:

Damn Hoppers face really doesn’t look good.

He needed less intense, more relaxed eyes with Reddish Brown facial hair and eyebrows as opposed to Dark Brown.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Whovastron said:

I'm definitely going to the midnight reveal tomorrow, I’ll be sure post some pics of the set from there! Hopefully the ‘netflix And build’ thing is an exclusive mini build, I’ll post that too 

Dear god, why would you say such a thing? Lol

Let's hope there's no exclusive build with some exclusive sticker that only 400 people will get

Edited by Puresh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Puresh said:

Dear god, why would you say such a thing? Lol

Let's hope there's no exclusive build with some exclusive sticker that only 400 people will get

To be honest it was my main deciding factor on going, I want everything Stranger things related!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Whovastron said:

Damn Hoppers face really doesn’t look good. Still gonna use the Venkman hair on him though.

EDIT: I’m definitely going to the midnight reveal tomorrow, I’ll be sure post some pics of the set from there! Hopefully the ‘netflix And build’ thing is an exclusive mini build, I’ll post that too 

What you mean Netflix and Build?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LEGO invites you to the midnight opening:

  • Be the first in Europe to see and buy the new set
  • Meet the LEGO Designer, Justin Ramsden and get the set signed
  • Netflix and Build – take part in a special building experience
  • Hang out and engage with fans of LEGO bricks and one of the most popular Netflix series
  • Enjoy some “totally tubular” refreshments
  • Last but not least… dress to impress! Show your best 80’s swag!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Mine has fallen over a couple times. It typically stays just fine but it falls at the slightest provocation 

Oh I’m thinking of a completely different issue, ignore me!

Just now, incognito said:

LEGO invites you to the midnight opening:

  • Be the first in Europe to see and buy the new set
  • Meet the LEGO Designer, Justin Ramsden and get the set signed
  • Netflix and Build – take part in a special building experience
  • Hang out and engage with fans of LEGO bricks and one of the most popular Netflix series
  • Enjoy some “totally tubular” refreshments
  • Last but not least… dress to impress! Show your best 80’s swag!

What possessed Lego, a children’s toy company, so make a pun name based on Netflix and chill is beyond me:roflmao:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Whovastron said:

To be honest it was my main deciding factor on going, I want everything Stranger things related!

Totally understandable, but let's not hope this happens. I also want to collect everything without buying a polybag on eBay for like $50-$100 :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Puresh said:

Totally understandable, but let's not hope this happens. I also want to collect everything without buying a polybag on eBay for like $50-$100 :(

Hopefully it is just something that can be done with regular bricks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

better idea: an exclusive polybag, also available as GWP for the lego online store. ;)

Edited by incognito

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Whovastron said:

What possessed Lego, a children’s toy company, so make a pun name based on Netflix and chill is beyond me:roflmao:

Well, I’ve only found out about that expression’s true meaning a couple of weeks ago, before that I always thought it meant what it does literally. I wouldn’t blame others for not knowing either :tongue: Why sexual euphemisms always have to be so cryptic is beyond me :grin:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Though I'm quite certain designers have engineered a solution to such using preexisting parts, I just can't help but wonder if they introduced any new parts to help aid in the binding of the two houses together. :shrug_oh_well:

It looks to me that they used parts 15460 and 14418 to lock the studless sides of the house's baseplates altogether.
For the upside down presentation, it seems that you simply turn the model upside down, since the trees - and thus their flat topsides - should be mirrored.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder if we could ever see a figure pack or Bricktober pack with the young-adult cast of the show.  need a Steve figure. Here's hoping they continue this and we get some smaller sets based on other locations like Hawkin's Lab or Hopper's cabin.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, do2 said:

It looks to me that they used parts 15460 and 14418 to lock the studless sides of the house's baseplates altogether.
For the upside down presentation, it seems that you simply turn the model upside down, since the trees - and thus their flat topsides - should be mirrored.

 

3 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Though I'm quite certain designers have engineered a solution to such using preexisting parts, I just can't help but wonder if they introduced any new parts to help aid in the binding of the two houses together. :shrug_oh_well:

He needed less intense, more relaxed eyes with Reddish Brown facial hair and eyebrows as opposed to Dark Brown.

I’ve said this before, but the HD pictures have confirmed it I think, the two half size of the set can be taken apart, and it’s ball joints used to attach them together

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Puresh said:

Sorry to disappoint you but the size reference is the Demogorgon. The waffle print is also 1x1, not 2x2 :wink:

Where do you see the waffle piece? I've looked through the leaks and I dont see any Eggo waffles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.