Vonsek

LEGO 2019 Stranger Things Rumours Discussion

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, HarryPotter said:

I think there's definitely enough characters that won't be featured on the set to make a CMF.

Steve, Nancy, Jonathan, Barb, Mr Clark, Brenner, Billy, Max, Karen, punk Eleven, Kali, Bob, the boys in their Ghostbusters costumes.

I love that idea but I don't think those characters are marketable for a CMF

a CMF is massively unlikely because it will have to be for kids as well. They can get away with doing a D2C because they can put an age "limit" on it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, HarryPotter said:

I think there's definitely enough characters that won't be featured on the set to make a CMF.

Steve, Nancy, Jonathan, Barb, Mr Clark, Brenner, Billy, Max, Karen, punk Eleven, Kali, Bob, the boys in their Ghostbusters costumes.

Sure, though the Ghostbusters costumes would entail additional licensing. But yeah, they could easily do a blind-bagged minifigure series for this theme (as they could for most themes, really).

That said, I’d be astonished if they actually did a Minifigures series for Stranger Things (though then again, I’m astonished that they’re doing the theme at all, so...).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, legoSDR said:

I love that idea but I don't think those characters are marketable for a CMF

a CMF is massively unlikely because it will have to be for kids as well. They can get away with doing a D2C because they can put an age "limit" on it

I guess that's true.

I hope we'll get at least Jonathan, Nancy, Steve and Barb in another set or something.

Edited by HarryPotter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, HarryPotter said:

I guess that's true.

I hope we'll get at least Jonathan, Nancy, Steve and Barb in another set or something.

they've probably already got plans for a second set or wave of smaller sets depending on how well this does

Unlike Simpsons and Ghostbusters this has potential for a lot of smaller sets, so if the reception is good enough I wouldn't be surprised if we see something this time next year. So that could include the pool scene with Barb, or the Lab building with plenty of figures like Bob, or the portal, or steve and the kids vs the demodogs in the junkyard etc

Edited by legoSDR

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stranger Things is a big deal right now. If Lego is really trying to break into the adult collectibles scene, this is probably the theme to go all out on. So I think a CMF is possible, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was marketed differently than the other CMFs.

It would also explain some of the character omissions. It would be awesome to see Barb in minifigure form, plus a CMF could give us season 2 characters.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If they were to make another set a good choice would be a brenner's van with the kids on bicycles or the junkyard battle from season 2.

Barb is a very minor character, I'd rather see a Steve, Bob, Nancy, Jonathan first but eh, both is good.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Agent Kallus said:

 

Barb is a very minor character, I'd rather see a Steve, Bob, Nancy, Jonathan first but eh, both is good.  

Pivotal* I think is the word you're searching for :wink:

Though truthfully I don't get the either/or argument; why can't we have them all?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
 
1
6 hours ago, HarryPotter said:

I think there's definitely enough characters that won't be featured on the set to make a CMF.

Steve, Nancy, Jonathan, Barb, Mr Clark, Brenner, Billy, Max, Karen, punk Eleven, Kali, Bob, the boys in their Ghostbusters costumes.

But 20 figures in addition to the current lineup of 8? I honestly want this to be a one-off set, with a second or maybe even third D2C maybe later down the road. I despise CMF series myself so I really wouldn't like seeing one for ST.

Pretty much everyone is saying it's fake anyways, but I do find it interesting that the person had a set number and a figure count to go with their rumor. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t think there’s any indication that this “theme” is anything other than just a single, well done, set.

Not that there’s anything wrong with that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
57 minutes ago, Captain Nemo said:

I don’t think there’s any indication that this “theme” is anything other than just a single, well done, set.

Not that there’s anything wrong with that. 

Yep, it was just a something I heard in the comment section of a Promobricks article, hardly something you can even call a rumor. I just wanted to mention it because the set number and figure count intrigued me. 

I like one-off sets like the James Bond car the most. No exclusive polybags, no CMF series - just a single set all of the fans of the show can get without having to buy something exclusive on Amazon or eBay later down the line

Edited by Puresh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Personally, I would much prefer a second D2C based on season 2. It could be the Lab, as that plays a much bigger role and could include the gate and the lift. Figs could include punk 12, Steve, Bob :cry_sad:, Max, billy. And could include Billy’s car or something on the side. Some moulded Demodogs would be awesome too

then a third D2C of something like Starcourt Mall from season 3 could work

i honestly would not complain about a CMF series though, I’m gonna be making Steve, Nancy, Jonathan and Max anyhow 

(I too don’t see the fascination with barb, she was a character who served her purpose, she wasn’t exciting or interesting, definitely didn’t deserve to have an action figure or funko pop made of her before the likes of Steve or Nacy)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Personally I’m hoping for some smaller more affordable sets.

I’d love to see Hawkins Lab Van, the Arcade, Mirkwood and Mikes Basement. The School, The Lab and Starcourt Mall would also all make great D2C’s!

I wonder if they’ll continue with the theme of the upside down build and the normal build - if so the likes of Hawkins Lab will be huge.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:
19 hours ago, Puresh said:

Someone is claiming that they heard a rumour about "71049" being a CMF Series for ST, with 20 figures. This is really just a post from a complete stranger, who's not associated with the leaking community but it's still interesting to hear 

Sounds fishy, to say the least :laugh: A D2C being accompanied by a CMF series happened several times before (Simpsons, Disney, WW), but we know that Series 19 is next :classic: There’s no wiggle room for a fourth series this year

September's CMS had already been confirmed at Nuremburg Toy Fair to only include sixteen individual figures rather than twenty, thereby not only disproving the existence of a twenty-figure CMS based upon Stranger Things (for at least this year), but also acting as further possible confirmation of Series 19 instead. :smug:

18 hours ago, Puresh said:

Let's hope that's true and Lego won't pull a sneaky on us and release 4 series in one year, I really don't like CMF series myself 

How so? :shrug_confused:

18 hours ago, legoSDR said:

Pretty sure it's not true, the next CMF is apparently going to be a traditional non-licensed wave

Thank the Maker...

giphy.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TheGlynreaper said:

so am I right to say it will be released globally on Wednesday

Yep, at least for VIP members

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Whovastron said:

Personally, I would much prefer a second D2C based on season 2. It could be the Lab, as that plays a much bigger role and could include the gate and the lift. Figs could include punk 12, Steve, Bob :cry_sad:, Max, billy. And could include Billy’s car or something on the side. Some moulded Demodogs would be awesome too

then a third D2C of something like Starcourt Mall from season 3 could work

i honestly would not complain about a CMF series though, I’m gonna be making Steve, Nancy, Jonathan and Max anyhow 

(I too don’t see the fascination with barb, she was a character who served her purpose, she wasn’t exciting or interesting, definitely didn’t deserve to have an action figure or funko pop made of her before the likes of Steve or Nacy)

Yes! That was exactly what I was thinking of! Multiple D2C's, one from each season!

 

12 hours ago, Foxes Productionz said:

Personally I’m hoping for some smaller more affordable sets.

I’d love to see Hawkins Lab Van, the Arcade, Mirkwood and Mikes Basement. The School, The Lab and Starcourt Mall would also all make great D2C’s!

I wonder if they’ll continue with the theme of the upside down build and the normal build - if so the likes of Hawkins Lab will be huge.

What if they made multiple smaller sets, not just D2C's, like a Castle Byers with upside down Will, or yes, Mike's basement

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Puresh said:

Yep, at least for VIP members

but it doesn't say for vip members whatsoever it said it was the release of the set so I honestly think it will available for everyone

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, TheGlynreaper said:

but it doesn't say for vip members whatsoever it said it was the release of the set so I honestly think it will available for everyone

It’s not, D2C almost always have ViP early access. The set releases June 1st. It’s not like VIP means you can’t get it, all you need is an email to sign up

HOWEVER: the event is probably not just for VIPs, anyone can go. You just need to be one if you want to purchase the set the next day rather than at the event

Edited by Whovastron

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Foxes Productionz said:

Next teaser, from NX On Netflix :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

https://mobile.twitter.com/NXOnNetflix/status/1127241960803246081?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^tweet

(It’s a thumbs up, just upside down :tongue:)

 

 ǝuoɥd plo ɹɐǝʎ 0Ɩ ɹᴉǝɥʇ ɥʇᴉʍ ʇᴉ pǝpɹoɔǝɹ ǝuoǝɯos ǝʞᴉl sʞool ʇᴉ 'ɥƃnoɥʇ ɹǝsɐǝʇ pɹᴉǝʍ ɐ ɥɔnS

Edited by Puresh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/10/2019 at 12:56 PM, legoSDR said:

they've probably already got plans for a second set or wave of smaller sets depending on how well this does

Unlike Simpsons and Ghostbusters this has potential for a lot of smaller sets, so if the reception is good enough I wouldn't be surprised if we see something this time next year. So that could include the pool scene with Barb, or the Lab building with plenty of figures like Bob, or the portal, or steve and the kids vs the demodogs in the junkyard etc

 

While I don’t throw away the idea of another D2C Stranger Things set, it would be very unlikely that smaller sets will be done. While the series has potential smaller builds, there are reasons not to do them:

 

1 - smaller sets are usually “play” sets in opposite of display sets. As the theme is targeting a mature audience it would focus the display side.

 

2 - keeping the sets D2C it is an escuse to not have them on stores, where it would be more difficult to distinguish them as “mature” and probably mixed with other sets. D2C sets are usually large sets and there was never a D2C “wave”.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah I agree with the above, smaller sets are very unlikely for this theme

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Chiaroscuro said:

 

While I don’t throw away the idea of another D2C Stranger Things set, it would be very unlikely that smaller sets will be done. While the series has potential smaller builds, there are reasons not to do them:

 

1 - smaller sets are usually “play” sets in opposite of display sets. As the theme is targeting a mature audience it would focus the display side.

 

2 - keeping the sets D2C it is an escuse to not have them on stores, where it would be more difficult to distinguish them as “mature” and probably mixed with other sets. D2C sets are usually large sets and there was never a D2C “wave”.

Agreed.

It's a bummer though, we're probably not getting a lot of the characters in minifig form.

I could see Hawkins Lab as a future D2C set, or maybe even the Wheeler's House.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.