Vonsek

LEGO 2019 Stranger Things Rumours Discussion

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, J4ck said:

I long for the day the vast majority of the Lego community recognises that leaking is wrong.

If someday the community doesn't care about the leaks anymore, that's when Lego will have a real problem. It's the price to pay, if you have a popular product with a huge fanbase. 

And it's Lego's job to stop the leaking and no one elses.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, J4ck said:

I long for the day the vast majority of the Lego community recognises that leaking is wrong.

Then why are you browsing/posting in a forum thread that is clearly labelled rumours if you view it as ‘wrong’? Bearing in mind that genuine rumours come from leaked information. Technically the official minifig image was ‘accidentally’ leaked but Lego seem OK with that. And if they genuinely thought that prerelease of information was bad then why tease on their Facebook page with an image they knew someone would decipher? I get why they need to try and stop employees and others in the supply chain from posting unofficial leaked images. But, at the end of the day we are talking about it & creating buzz; that’s good for business and TLG know that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Could we maybe just lock this thread until the reveal? All this arguing about leaks has no place in a set/theme thread.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Alegrispa said:

Could we maybe just lock this thread until the reveal? All this arguing about leaks has no place in a set/theme thread.

I agree, this whole leaking fiasco has no place in this thread, but I don't think that should be a reason to close the thread - let's just focus back on talking about the set itself

For instance, I've been looking at the pictures of the back of the box for a few days now. I might be wrong but it almost looks like there's some sort of mesh piece in front on the light brick that breaks the light up into smaller dots when projecting onto the alphabet sticker. 

In addition to that, I believe Joyce will also have her axe - one of the pictures looks as though it replicates the scene where she's sitting on the couch with the axe in her hand while Joy Divison is playing in the background

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I found a high-quality image of the lineup of minifigures, it was interesting. Dustin and Eleven are definitely the best. Mike and Will are pretty good. From the original image, I thought Jim would be much worse. Joyce's face is ok, could be better. Lucas, oh boy, the hairpiece can be described with one word. GAG 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, J4ck said:

I long for the day the vast majority of the Lego community recognises that leaking is wrong.

The community would be pretty boring then...leaks can be good for their business. It's free press for them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Puresh said:

For instance, I've been looking at the pictures of the back of the box for a few days now. I might be wrong but it almost looks like there's some sort of mesh piece in front on the light brick that breaks the light up into smaller dots when projecting onto the alphabet sticker. 

I can’t really make out the mesh piece you’re talking about but that would definitely be an awesome addition to the set.

I’m pretty sure Will’s room has either The Thing or the Jaws poster hanging on the left side of his bedroom wall. Also in Will’s room there is definitely a stero/ radio piece and to the left of that possibly even a baseball bat?! It also looks like there’s a Camcorder above Will’s room - don’t know what that’s about.

Something else I’ve noticed is that the Upside down version also contains the lights and painted letters, which while it may look good being symmetrical is not accurate to the show and doesn’t make sense. As in the show we do not see the lights in the Buyers house in the upside down.

Also I think regular Buyers house should have many more strings of lights to really replicate the feel of the first season.

58 minutes ago, LostKnight said:

 Lucas, oh boy, the hairpiece can be described with one word. GAG 

Really? The image I’m looking at isn’t the best but I think that piece is a pretty great fit for Lucas, sure it doesn’t have the texture for the hair but otherwise its quite accurate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Foxes Productionz said:

Really? The image I’m looking at isn’t the best but I think that piece is a pretty great fit for Lucas, sure it doesn’t have the texture for the hair but otherwise its quite accurate.

The texture is the thing that I disliked. Its so....smooth, Smooth as a baby

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
 
 
 
 
4
Just now, Foxes Productionz said:

I can’t really make out the mesh piece you’re talking about but that would definitely be an awesome addition to the set.

I’m pretty sure Will’s room has either The Thing or the Jaws poster hanging on the left side of his bedroom wall. Also in Will’s room there is definitely a stero/ radio piece and to the left of that possibly even a baseball bat?! It also looks like there’s a Camcorder above Will’s room - don’t know what that’s about.

Something else I’ve noticed is that the Upside down version also contains the lights and painted letters, which while it may look good being symmetrical is not accurate to the show and doesn’t make sense. As in the show we do not see the lights in the Buyers house in the upside down.

Also I think regular Buyers house should have many more strings of lights to really replicate the feel of the first season.

First up, THANK YOU :wub:

I'm honestly really tired of everyone only talking about the leak fiasco. I'm also glad I'm not the only one who's been looking at the low-res pictures of the box for hours on end, trying to spot new stuff :roflmao:

Regarding some of the things you mentioned: The poster looks like the Thing to me, you can see some white orb in the top part of it - but I'm guessing it will just be a figure with a white head on it, I doubt Lego got the licensing for that. I also believe there is a baseball bat in the corner. The bed also seems to have a fabric piece that spans across it to represent the blanket. The camcorder on the attic is an easter egg, just like the purple wizard hat (which you can see better in the leaked figure picture) - both are references to Seasons 2 and 3.  The camcorder is obviously Bob's he gives Will in Season 2 and the purple wizard hat seems to be from "Will the Wise", a costume Will will wear in Season 3, looking at a leaked Funko Pop picture.

I also instantly recognized the fact the alphabet and Christmas lights are in the upside down version of the house. It honestly makes more logical sense, how else would Will communicate with his mother if he doesn't see the letters on the wall, but it's inaccurate nonetheless.

I do also agree that there should've been more lights all around the house, but I think it could've been too much to pose figures around the interior.

The reason I think there might be a mesh piece in front of the light brick is because the picture that shows Joyce on the couch also shows the light brick function - the light doesn't seem to just illuminate the sticker of the alphabet though, it looks like it illuminates many little dots on it, hence my theory

Actually, small little edit like this since the edit function seems to be broken for me :wacko:

The poster actually looks to be from Jaws, I looked at one of the windows instead of the poster in the beginning I believe. If you look to the left of Dustin sitting on Will's bed, you can clearly see it's Jaws 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Puresh said:

First up, THANK YOU :wub:

I'm honestly really tired of everyone only talking about the leak fiasco. I'm also glad I'm not the only one who's been looking at the low-res pictures of the box for hours on end, trying to spot new stuff :roflmao:

Regarding some of the things you mentioned: The poster looks like the Thing to me, you can see some white orb in the top part of it - but I'm guessing it will just be a figure with a white head on it, I doubt Lego got the licensing for that. I also believe there is a baseball bat in the corner. The bed also seems to have a fabric piece that spans across it to represent the blanket. The camcorder on the attic is an easter egg, just like the purple wizard hat (which you can see better in the leaked figure picture) - both are references to Seasons 2 and 3.  The camcorder is obviously Bob's he gives Will in Season 2 and the purple wizard hat seems to be from "Will the Wise", a costume Will will wear in Season 3, looking at a leaked Funko Pop picture.

I also instantly recognized the fact the alphabet and Christmas lights are in the upside down version of the house. It honestly makes more logical sense, how else would Will communicate with his mother if he doesn't see the letters on the wall, but it's inaccurate nonetheless.

I do also agree that there should've been more lights all around the house, but I think it could've been too much to pose figures around the interior.

The reason I think there might be a mesh piece in front of the light brick is because the picture that shows Joyce on the couch also shows the light brick function - the light doesn't seem to just illuminate the sticker of the alphabet though, it looks like it illuminates many little dots on it, hence my theory

Actually, small little edit like this since the edit function seems to be broken for me :wacko:

The poster actually looks to be from Jaws, I looked at one of the windows instead of the poster in the beginning I believe. If you look to the left of Dustin sitting on Will's bed, you can clearly see it's Jaws 

As soon as posted my last response I noticed the light element you were talking about either there’s some sort of mesh piece or it’s even a new light brick element, (could it be that one used it LM2?). Joyce definitely has her axe there, but it doesn’t look very accurate to the show.

The poster is definitely Jaws, but in that same image there appears to be another poster beside it, maybe. And you’re definitely right about the camcorder and Wizards hat as being references to season 2 and 3 but that roof area still looks odd to me - I think it should have been more closed off as it looks really weird being open like that - it’s not very accurate.

I wonder if Hoppers car will be able to fit more than 1 figure inside, two would be great! It would be cool if the back/ trunk also included some other references like the box of bear traps the teens buy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Foxes Productionz said:

As soon as posted my last response I noticed the light element you were talking about either there’s some sort of mesh piece or it’s even a new light brick element, (could it be that one used it LM2?). Joyce definitely has her axe there, but it doesn’t look very accurate to the show.

The poster is definitely Jaws, but in that same image there appears to be another poster beside it, maybe. And you’re definitely right about the camcorder and Wizards hat as being references to season 2 and 3 but that roof area still looks odd to me - I think it should have been more closed off as it looks really weird being open like that - it’s not very accurate.

I wonder if Hoppers car will be able to fit more than 1 figure inside, two would be great! It would be cool if the back/ trunk also included some other references like the box of bear traps the teens buy.

Yep, the axe is just the same old red axe piece that was first introduced with a CMF figure. 

You might be right about there being a second poster too, it could also be a window though. 

When it comes to the accuracy, I noticed a few things too, I guess it's still a Lego set at the end of the day, not a replica of the house. I mean, the whole upside down version of the house is also mirrored from left to right, it wouldn't have looked nearly as good if it wasn't though, it wouldn't have looked like a "mirror" of the real house that's on top of it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

While we're picking out various little details: it's been quite a while since we've seen a black bicycle, hasn't it? I know that's not necessarily the most exciting part for most of you, but it jumped right out at me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, tafkatb said:

While we're picking out various little details: it's been quite a while since we've seen a black bicycle, hasn't it? I know that's not necessarily the most exciting part for most of you, but it jumped right out at me.

Not sure if it's black. It looks more dark green to me. 

And if we're back to talking about accuracy, Will's bike is red in the show - one of the posters for S1 shows this very clearly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Puresh said:

Not sure if it's black. It looks more dark green to me. 

And if we're back to talking about accuracy, Will's bike is red in the show - one of the posters for S1 shows this very clearly

Oh yeah, I'd forgotten about that poster. Weird thing is, though, I don't think the poster is accurate to the show itself, because isn't this Will's bike in this scene?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, tafkatb said:

Oh yeah, I'd forgotten about that poster. Weird thing is, though, I don't think the poster is accurate to the show itself, because isn't this Will's bike in this scene?

Yeah, you're right - it's actually black in the show. Weird

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/3/2019 at 7:45 AM, Foxes Productionz said:

Does the non Upside Down Buyers House have a black roof?

If so, I’m a tad disappointed. A grey blue or even dark grey would have been much more accurate to show.

Let me correct myself. For the normal Byers house, I am now very certain it is dark-bluish grey and not black. The upside-down version is earth blue (dark blue).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’d rather you lot go back to arguing about leaks, all these details are making me too damned excited! :iamded_lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Whovastron said:

I’d rather you lot go back to arguing about leaks, all these details are making me too damned excited! :iamded_lol:

I second that notion. I don't even watch the show, but this set just really seems like a unique idea, and I'll pick it up for sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Whovastron said:

I’d rather you lot go back to arguing about leaks, all these details are making me too damned excited! :iamded_lol:

YES PLEASE!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have no idea how it stands, can you take off part of the trees, or do the trees suspend the house like stilts, or do you remove them entirely?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, LostKnight said:

I have no idea how it stands, can you take off part of the trees, or do the trees suspend the house like stilts, or do you remove them entirely?

They suspend the house like stilts. I’m interested in how it works though, the tops don’t seem very flat, and those large tree pieces bend very easily 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Whovastron said:

They suspend the house like stilts. I’m interested in how it works though, the tops don’t seem very flat, and those large tree pieces bend very easily 

oh no...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/2/2019 at 11:19 AM, Whovastron said:

Those 3 would be fairly easy to do too. Greaser hair for Steve, Ron’s in brown for Jonathan, not sure about Nancy’s though, it’s short but it’s not like the black widow hair, they really need a new ‘neck length’ hairpiece to be honest

they should be fairly easy figures to mix though. I think Marty Mcfly has the ‘sunken eye’ look that Jonathan has. Generous civilian clothes will work too

The Ron’s hairpiece works pretty well for Jonathan in my opinion, I really hope we get the rest of the characters in some form in the future.                    ed7a6YA.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/2/2019 at 9:19 AM, Whovastron said:

Those 3 would be fairly easy to do too. Greaser hair for Steve, Ron’s in brown for Jonathan, not sure about Nancy’s though, it’s short but it’s not like the black widow hair, they really need a new ‘neck length’ hairpiece to be honest

they should be fairly easy figures to mix though. I think Marty Mcfly has the ‘sunken eye’ look that Jonathan has. Generous civilian clothes will work too

They could use Qi’ra’s hair from Star Wars for Nancy.  I think it’d work perfectly, even if it technically is a minidoll piece.

1*xS0eZtC6FR6yqZU6POFmPw@2x.jpeglego-qi-ra-sw946-75219-with-star-wars-we

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Portal Out said:

They could use Qi’ra’s hair from Star Wars for Nancy.  I think it’d work perfectly, even if it technically is a minidoll piece.

True

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.