Vonsek

LEGO Stranger Things Rumours Discussion

After rewatching Stranger Things 1-3, and then watching Stranger Things 4, I really need another Stranger Things set.

There's so much potential here, and so many characters I want to have. I hope they didn't just randomly make Brickheadz and a keychain out of nowhere without further plans.

15 hours ago, strangely said:

Lego just released Brickheadz and keychains for the franchise, if they had a problem with the show they'd have surely cut ties by now.

Excellent point! :purrr:

4 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

There's so much potential here, and so many characters I want to have. I hope they didn't just randomly make Brickheadz and a keychain out of nowhere without further plans.

Indeed! Having minifigs of the older teenagers, Murray, Brenner, Owens, and the walking spoiler would be fantastic :thumbup:

2 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Excellent point! :purrr:

Indeed! Having minifigs of the older teenagers, Murray, Brenner, Owens, and the walking spoiler would be fantastic :thumbup:

I'd love a Starcourt Mall or Creel House set.

I really want Max, Steve, more Upside Down creatures (like Vecna or Meaty Mind Flayer), and Eleven without her cover-up costume.

Creel House could make such a good set - a haunted house with Max, Dustin, Lucas, Nancy, Steve, Robin, and Vecna. Same for Starcourt Mall - a flashy mall with Eleven, Max, Dustin, Will, Lucas, Mike, Steve, Robin, Erica and Billy.

Yeah, y'all should probably give up hope after Stranger Things 4. The new season is extremely gruesome right out of the gate.

Not that I wouldn't love a Creel house set, but I'm absolutley certain the theme is pretty much done. 

Edited by Alegrispa

16 minutes ago, Alegrispa said:

Yeah, y'all should probably give up hope after Stranger Things 4. The new season is extremely gruesome right out of the gate.

Not that I wouldn't love a Creel house set, but I'm absolutley certain the theme is pretty much done. 

It's still TV-14, same as The Mandalorian and most MCU series'.

15 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I'd love a Starcourt Mall or Creel House set.

I really want Max, Steve, more Upside Down creatures (like Vecna or Meaty Mind Flayer), and Eleven without her cover-up costume.

Creel House could make such a good set - a haunted house with Max, Dustin, Lucas, Nancy, Steve, Robin, and Vecna. Same for Starcourt Mall - a flashy mall with Eleven, Max, Dustin, Will, Lucas, Mike, Steve, Robin, Erica and Billy.

Creel House with Vecna would be so cool! There is a small chance the ST set for this year contains something included in Part 2 of Season 4 and TLG obviously wouldn't want to create spoilers...If this hopeful theory is correct, they could announce it a Lego-Con, but the reveal would have to wait until July 1st.

I agree; the keychain and Brickheadz shouldn't be all. That would be a severely missed opportunity!

1 hour ago, Slytherin Alumni said:

Creel House with Vecna would be so cool! There is a small chance the ST set for this year contains something included in Part 2 of Season 4 and TLG obviously wouldn't want to create spoilers...If this hopeful theory is correct, they could announce it a Lego-Con, but the reveal would have to wait until July 1st.

I agree; the keychain and Brickheadz shouldn't be all. That would be a severely missed opportunity!

Just for clarification, there is no "ST set for this year." It's just speculation.

I haven‘t given up hope yet, but it‘s looking pretty unlikely now :sceptic: Wouldn‘t we have heard about a set like that ages ago? The first set was rumoured for quite a while before it got revealed.

Still hoping for a pleasant surprise!

23 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

It's still TV-14, same as The Mandalorian and most MCU series'.

Let's be real, neither Mando, nor any of the MCU shows are anywhere near as graphic as ST4.

1 hour ago, Alegrispa said:

Let's be real, neither Mando, nor any of the MCU shows are anywhere near as graphic as ST4.

They made sets for Multiverse of Madness, which is graphic in most of the same ways, I would even argue it's more graphic than Stranger Things.

12 minutes ago, strangely said:

They made sets for Multiverse of Madness, which is graphic in most of the same ways, I would even argue it's more graphic than Stranger Things.

It most definitely isn't, but it's not that far off.

1 hour ago, Alegrispa said:

Doesn't matter. The age rating is an objective way for LEGO to decide if they can make a set based on something.

I think the upcoming Lego-Con is our last chance for ST this year. If we don't hear anything by then, it's not happening. There's a small chance they're keeping it secret for a surprise reveal at Lego-Con to release on July 1st along with Part 2. Either way, it's possible they do an entire ST wave (fingers crossed) when Season 5 releases as it will be the finale.

When did the season 1 set retire? It was in stock when I was in a shop vaguely recently but when I was on the Lego website it was retired? 

Hi everyone! I made a new thread about this because I didn't know this one was still active, so I'll post here as well if that's okay.

So when the Stranger Things set (The Upside Down) was still on the market, I didn't have a steady job and couldn't afford to get it. Now things are better, and with the new season airing I'm getting back into the show. Unfortunately the set is now retired and doesn't seem to have any lingering stock anywhere. I was wondering:

1) Does anyone know of any businesses in the US that may still carry it? (I know this is a reach)

2) If I have to resort to buying from Bricklink, does anyone have any advice or huge pros/ cons they can point out from using it to buy sets? Never done this before, and I really don't want to have to go to eBay (Mercari's prices are also super inflated).

and 3) does anyone think there's any possibility this set may be re-released one day, kind of how Frozen's 43172 was repackaged and re-released a couple years later?

Thank you in advance for any replies!

Also just to reply to the actual topic, I would be super excited for any future ST sets. Its weird to me they only did one and then never again, considering it wasn't an IDEAS set, but rather its own theme. I think Hawkins Lab would make sense before anything else, and then maybe a school set or a mall set of equal viability, before anything from S4. Maybe it just got too dark for LEGO, or maybe they do have plans for farther in the future? Its weird to bring back the theme just for the BrickHeadz and then crickets lol.

On 6/13/2022 at 11:35 AM, m0repotter said:

Hi everyone! I made a new thread about this because I didn't know this one was still active, so I'll post here as well if that's okay.

So when the Stranger Things set (The Upside Down) was still on the market, I didn't have a steady job and couldn't afford to get it. Now things are better, and with the new season airing I'm getting back into the show. Unfortunately the set is now retired and doesn't seem to have any lingering stock anywhere. I was wondering:

1) Does anyone know of any businesses in the US that may still carry it? (I know this is a reach)

2) If I have to resort to buying from Bricklink, does anyone have any advice or huge pros/ cons they can point out from using it to buy sets? Never done this before, and I really don't want to have to go to eBay (Mercari's prices are also super inflated).

and 3) does anyone think there's any possibility this set may be re-released one day, kind of how Frozen's 43172 was repackaged and re-released a couple years later?

Thank you in advance for any replies!

Also just to reply to the actual topic, I would be super excited for any future ST sets. Its weird to me they only did one and then never again, considering it wasn't an IDEAS set, but rather its own theme. I think Hawkins Lab would make sense before anything else, and then maybe a school set or a mall set of equal viability, before anything from S4. Maybe it just got too dark for LEGO, or maybe they do have plans for farther in the future? Its weird to bring back the theme just for the BrickHeadz and then crickets lol.

1) It’s a long shot but maybe try checking Barnes and Noble? Sometimes they hold onto retired sets for a while, mine still has the Jyn Erso buildable figure from like five years ago. If you’re near one, you might also try checking the store(s) at a Legoland park or Discovery Center as they might also have retired stuff. Your best bet will probably be the after-market though.

2) Bricklink’s pretty easy to use. Just toggle through some of the filters (i.e. seller location, new or used, complete or incomplete, etc.) and that will make it even easier. Make sure the seller has a good reputation as well. The one problem I have with Bricklink is that it sometimes won’t come up with the shipping price until after you go through the whole checkout process, so just keep that in mind.

3) It’s always possible, but it’s still pretty unlikely. Lego straight up rereleasing sets doesn’t happen very often and since the set is based on Season 1 (with some references to Season 2 if I remember right), it’s even less likely than Lego making a new set off a newer season altogether. 

Hope this advice helps you out! I bought The Upside Down during quarantine and despite having some problems putting it together, it’s a really cool set that stands out.

I’m only like two episodes into the new season so far, but I am really enjoying it so far. I’d love for Lego to do more with this property, there’s so much untapped potential. Hell, I think they could even do a CMF series and I’d wager that that would be a hot seller.

I’m surprised that Lego hasn’t put anything else out besides some Brickheadz/keychains. Unlike Obi-Wan Kenobi, where I’ve seen very little merchandise currently available while the show is running, I have seen quite a bit of new merch for Stranger Things Season 4. Lego released The Upside Down to coincide with last season, so even if they can’t do a set based on the new episodes yet, I’m surprised they didn’t even do Starcourt Mall or anything. There’s certainly a demand for more, as I’ve seen several MOCs and custom minifigures as of late.

6 hours ago, The Stud said:

1) It’s a long shot but maybe try checking Barnes and Noble? Sometimes they hold onto retired sets for a while, mine still has the Jyn Erso buildable figure from like five years ago. If you’re near one, you might also try checking the store(s) at a Legoland park or Discovery Center as they might also have retired stuff. Your best bet will probably be the after-market though.

2) Bricklink’s pretty easy to use. Just toggle through some of the filters (i.e. seller location, new or used, complete or incomplete, etc.) and that will make it even easier. Make sure the seller has a good reputation as well. The one problem I have with Bricklink is that it sometimes won’t come up with the shipping price until after you go through the whole checkout process, so just keep that in mind.

3) It’s always possible, but it’s still pretty unlikely. Lego straight up rereleasing sets doesn’t happen very often and since the set is based on Season 1 (with some references to Season 2 if I remember right), it’s even less likely than Lego making a new set off a newer season altogether. 

Hope this advice helps you out! I bought The Upside Down during quarantine and despite having some problems putting it together, it’s a really cool set that stands out.

I’m only like two episodes into the new season so far, but I am really enjoying it so far. I’d love for Lego to do more with this property, there’s so much untapped potential. Hell, I think they could even do a CMF series and I’d wager that that would be a hot seller.

I’m surprised that Lego hasn’t put anything else out besides some Brickheadz/keychains. Unlike Obi-Wan Kenobi, where I’ve seen very little merchandise currently available while the show is running, I have seen quite a bit of new merch for Stranger Things Season 4. Lego released The Upside Down to coincide with last season, so even if they can’t do a set based on the new episodes yet, I’m surprised they didn’t even do Starcourt Mall or anything. There’s certainly a demand for more, as I’ve seen several MOCs and custom minifigures as of late.

Thank you so much! This post was more helpful than you know :pir-love:

Edited by m0repotter

Man, out of all the fake rumours we had to endure at the beginning of the year (especially Marvel CMF S2, Raimi Spidey sets, DC Tower of Fate, and Mario minifigs), this one stings the most :sad: I was so hoping for another ST set and that hint sounded really encouraging, but I guess we can rule that out since they surely would‘ve released (or at least teased) it by now.

Also, what the &@?!(%# was that teaser for last year? Just the Brickheadz and a keychain? :tongue:

Maybe they will release another set in time for the final season? Or better yet, one set for each season! There are just so many characters I desperately want minifigs of :wub:

I really hope we'll get another set (or sets?) in the future. This series has huge potential for amazing LEGO sets.

I'd love to get a Creel House set with Hawkins crew and Vecna.

Yes, I thought a set with the Surfer Boy Pizza Van would be fun. The minifigs would be Argyle, Mike, Will, and Jonathan.

They could include Eleven if they link it to the desert scene in episode 8; throw in a helicopter for her to telekinetically crash.

Today a post on LEGO fb about stranger things saying they can’t wait for more. Why would they promote the show? LEGO must be up to something….

Lego responded there is a set coming (in the comments) 

Edited by Magnum

On 7/6/2022 at 2:25 PM, Magnum said:

Today a post on LEGO fb about stranger things saying they can’t wait for more. Why would they promote the show? LEGO must be up to something….

Lego responded there is a set coming (in the comments) 

Which post are you talking about? I can’t find it ... 

It’s on the Dutch fb page of LEGO. I’ve send pictures of it to promobricks for them to check it out. It’s a post saying: have you watched season 4 yet? We can’t wait for more. With a picture of four mini builts: a rollerskate plus half a leg, a stained glass window, the big clock and a spider. With the text above it: no context spoilers. In stranger things font written. Someone replied asking When is the new set being teased, I want it. And LEGO responded saying: prepare yourself for it already. With a wink emoji. 

595376DC-A06F-4772-953A-D737F5E55B8D.png.4dbbf9cc2a889c0bd7b2db74a5963669.png

929890B2-43A9-47E5-81D8-61B436E0F39A.png

*huh*

That reignited some hope in me. I hope it's not just an intern without any knowledge of upcoming sets.

But then again, have they ever promoted a movie or a series that they didn't have any sets planned for (or released beforehand)?

It seems something might actually be coming :moar:

3 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

But then again, have they ever promoted a movie or a series that they didn't have any sets planned for (or released beforehand)?

Yes, they promoted Matrix Resurrections last year :shrug_oh_well:

Not getting my hopes up just yet! I‘ve been fooled by ST „rumours“ before, never again :tongue:

On the one hand, they blatantly tease something on an official social media channel.

On the other, they‘ve already published a teaser image last spring that didn‘t go anywhere, and it‘s weird to me this was only posted on the Dutch FB page *huh* 

Maybe it‘s a SDCC exclusive :laugh_hard: