Vonsek

LEGO Stranger Things Rumours Discussion

If anything, I’d assume they’ll release a new set in correlation with the new season release.

I highly doubt this is just a teaser to hype up season 4. If they did this to advertise the previous set, they would 1) actually advertise it somewhere and 2) make sure there’s no misconception about a new set if there isn’t one. If you show this to 100 people, at least 90 of them will assume it’s to tease a new product, and TLG should be aware of that :laugh:

Plus there not being any rumours doesn’t imply anything. The recently unveiled Dalmatian Brickheadz, Taj Mahal and paradise bird sets also came out of nowhere

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

I’m not a huge Stranger Things fan, but really enjoyed The Upside Down so I definitely wouldn’t be opposed to another set. My wallet would be though... 

Fingers crossed for Starcourt Mall and a Steve minifigure.

Edited by The Stud

wDgxMKZ.png

I have absolutely no clue how I missed this last year, but here's Justin Ramsden (the designer of the original set) posting a picture of Starcourt Mall on Twitter when he was talking about the awards the first set won. There's no doubt in my mind that was as hint - the timing would also be about right if he started working on it back then

42 minutes ago, 2lazeetomakeaname said:

Wait did they actually eat it

That’d be a pretty cruel self-punishment for losing a bet on the Internet :laugh:

44 minutes ago, 2lazeetomakeaname said:

Wait did they actually eat it

I will neither confirm nor deny that it happened :purrr:

I’m still rather confused whether this is an actual teaser or just a social media post to hype up season 4, so let’s examine the “evidence” we have so far (or rather lack thereof, as this is mere conjecture :tongue:):

• If this wasn’t a product teaser, it’d be the first time they did something like this (that I’m aware of)
  • Directly advertising the current set would make a lot more sense if a new one isn’t planned as they must be aware what most people think when they see a teaser like that
  • They still have the license, so at least it’s possible. As the upcoming FRIENDS set shows, 2 years seems to be a reasonal gap for a follow-up set (to assess whether it makes sense financially based on the sales of the first set)
  • However, it’s extremely weird no rumours have shown up yet and the leakers appear fairly unconvinced. We already have information about sets scheduled for November, and they surely wouldn’t tease a set this far in advance
  • Where would this fit in schedule-wise? The summer/autumn calendars seem to be quite full as is with the FRIENDS set, Daily Bugle, Frozen Castle, Nintendo D2C, Tumbler, Republic Gunship, AT-AT, Harry Potter D2C, and the rumoured Delorean and Titanic sets
  • Why tease this merely a day before the FRIENDS set?
  • Why recreate the teaser for season 4 when a new set would most likely be based on seasons 2 or 3? Just to ride the hype train?

1 hour ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

• Where would this fit in schedule-wise? The summer/autumn calendars seem to be quite full as is with the FRIENDS set, Daily Bugle, Frozen Castle, Nintendo D2C, Tumbler, Republic Gunship, AT-AT, Harry Potter D2C, and the rumoured Delorean and Titanic set

Maybe it's a wave of sets and not just a D2C

Edited by 2lazeetomakeaname

8 hours ago, 2lazeetomakeaname said:

Maybe it's a wave of sets and not just a D2C

That’s even less likely. Keeping a D2C set a secret is hard enough, doing the same with an entire theme is downright impossible :laugh:

9 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

That’s even less likely. Keeping a D2C set a secret is hard enough, doing the same with an entire theme is downright impossible :laugh:

I know, but this situation is perplexing.

The official TLG account on Twitter responded to a comment on the teaser with “keep an eye out for more information” *oh2* They wouldn’t say that if there wasn’t a set coming, right? RIGHT?

6 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

The official TLG account on Twitter responded to a comment on the teaser with “keep an eye out for more information” *oh2* They wouldn’t say that if there wasn’t a set coming, right? RIGHT?

Certainly not confirmation, but I'd say we're a fair bit past wild speculation. Seems to me a good likelihood we're getting something.

5 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Well thats how they responded when someone asked about the FRIENDS set......

13 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Isn't that just the standard answer giving out by LEGO's social media teams? That and "you never know what our designers have planned next".

14 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

They said the same thing about a WandaVision set.

It's just a standard Lego Twitter account response.

@lego_guyon02 & @THELEGOBATMAN: Bummer :sadnew: I’ve never paid much attention to how TLG’s social media accounts handle comment replies, so looks like it’s about as informative regarding upcoming products as your average customer service reply :tongue:

Dangit, back to square one!

Edit: As the guys over at stonewars point out, there is one tiny noticable thing in that reply, namely the upside down smiling emoji :wacko: It’s one of those emojis people usually don’t know what to do with, so not sure if this implies anything. I think some people use it to indicate irony, but that wouldn’t make much sense here.

…analysing emojis in twitter posts, so that’s what my life has led me to :laugh_hard:

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

4 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

@lego_guyon02 & @THELEGOBATMAN: Bummer :sadnew: I’ve never paid much attention to how TLG’s social media accounts handle comment replies, so looks like it’s about as informative regarding upcoming products as your average customer service reply :tongue:

Dangit, back to square one!

Edit: As the guys over at stonewars point out, there is one tiny noticable thing in that reply, namely the upside down smiling emoji :wacko: It’s one of those emojis people usually don’t know what do with, so not sure if this implies anything. I think some people use it to indicate irony, but that wouldn’t make much sense here.

…analysing emojis in twitter posts, so that’s what my life has led me to :laugh_hard:

The Upside Down smiley is a reference to... well the upside down. They did the same when the original set was revealed last year. Though in this case I agree with Guyon that it's probably just a generic response

Basing a set prediction on that response from their Twitter acocunt seems like a stretch. While the teaser itself may point to something, I sincirely doubt that Lego's Twitter team are responsible for info on upcoming sets. I'm guessing it just means that there are more posts scheduled soon. Rather than any definitive confirmation on a set or line of sets