Vonsek

LEGO Stranger Things Rumours Discussion

5 hours ago, julesvincent said:

Hmm, interesting! Back or forth in time? 

Um, back in time, I think? :def_shrug: I really hadn't looked into the theory too much, as I just kinda presumed it was built upon that other long-standing theory regarding the Upside-Down, in that it's a post-nuclear fallout Hawkins, Indiana in the future. :wacko:

So, there’s a rumour circulating on #legoleaks that there’s going to be a Starcourt Mall set coming up. I’m sceptical, but figured I should toss it out here.

Man, I wish today wasn’t the day it is :facepalm: 

@CM4Sci: You’re the devil :laugh_hard:On any other day I would‘ve believed it because the image looks so real, but yeah...

Edited by Lego-Freak

Too bad this isn‘t real, but now I really do wish there‘d be a set based on the third season of ST :sweet: It‘d easily be the goriest set ever created if they decided to include the Mindflayer‘s meaty avatar, and how could they not :grin: Let a man dream...

Oh, and I‘ve just realised that @CM4Scihas been banned more than three years ago, how did I manage to miss that? Anyway, if you‘re reading this somehow: good work with that picture with Billy and Eleven :thumbup:

5 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

@CM4Sci: You’re the devil :laugh_hard:On any other day I would‘ve believed it because the image looks so real, but yeah...

They are quite convincingly designed I must say... :thumbup: *huh*

Just now, Digger of Bricks said:

Exactly, CM4Sci‘s on his A-game with these :sweet: Dang, now I really want them to make another set! Maybe I misremember things, but didn’t they slyly hint at more sets last year? 

On 4/1/2020 at 9:48 AM, Lego-Freak said:
On 4/1/2020 at 9:43 AM, Digger of Bricks said:

Exactly, CM4Sci‘s on his A-game with these :sweet: Dang, now I really want them to make another set! Maybe I misremember things, but didn’t they slyly hint at more sets last year? 

On 4/3/2020 at 10:14 PM, Robert8 said:

The blood gives it away, but it looks spectacular anyway

@CM4Sci still messing with us :laugh:

Well, here's his Starcourt Mall playset concept, which ain't that bad :thumbup: :shrug_oh_well:

Whether we see any more Stranger Things sets is going to depend on how well the house has sold...

2 minutes ago, jonwil said:

Whether we see any more Stranger Things sets is going to depend on how well the house has sold...

Correct, but i've got an feeling it sold pretty well.

9 hours ago, 2lazeetomakeaname said:

I expect we will get a Starcourt d2c with all the missing characters and the theme will end. Unless theres a CMF

Starcourt isn't an "iconic" place per say, i'd say the arcade or anything from S1 would be better. A CMF would be perfect though.

1 hour ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

LEGO has just posted a teaser on social media, looks like another set is incoming *oh2*

Very interesting... If we get another D2C set, I'm hoping we either get a season 2 Hawkins National Laboratory set or a Season 3 Starcourt Mall.

Are they really making another Stranger Things set? I found it odd that they got the license to begin with (we can go back and forth arguing if the show is approprite for LEGO or not), and the fact that they are daring enough to make more sets is kind of perplexing me. 

What I wonder is if they'll make this set 18+ like most of the current D2C sets, or they'll keep it 16+ like the last one? If they make it 18+, this could signal the arrival of mature licenses for adults only (not something I am looking forward too).

Thanks to @Falconfan1414 we know that the torso used for the teaser is just the CMF Birthday Boy one, which has yellow printing on the front. There's a good chance this is just  to hype up the new trailer coming out soon, usually Lego wouldn't start teasing at an upcoming D2C until a week prior to reveal / release on the same day, so it'd be kinda odd that we haven't heard anything, not even a rumour about this until now

As Puresh said, I believe this is just an way to generate hype for the trailer, and to reinstate interest for the old D2C. :classic:

I wouldn't be surprised if they're gonna make another D2C for the next season, but Starcourt Mall based off Season 3 makes much more sense than a S1 lab, especially since we already have all the main character costumes from that season aside from the teens