Vonsek

LEGO Stranger Things Rumours Discussion

On ‎7‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 7:27 PM, julesvincent said:

https://flic.kr/p/2gHiZuh

This is my take on Barb. Not perfect, but I‘d say very close :)

Surprisingly similar to the original!
May I ask you IDs of hair and legs? Or even just from which sets they are from

Edited by Ponga91

1 hour ago, Ponga91 said:

Surprisingly similar to the original!
May I ask you IDs of hair and legs? Or even just from which sets they are from

Pretty sure the torso comes from the grandmother in the pop-upbook Ideas set

Hey @Ponga91,

the hair is from Owen (pretty much any Jurassic World set), the head is from Zoe Rodriguez (also Jurassic World), like torso is like Guyon said from the Ideas Pop up book and the legs from the Rapper of the Collectible Minifigure Series 3, but thats the piece I‘d probably change the soonest, as the visible Boxershort bugs me a bit. It‘s the one I had though ?

On 7/21/2019 at 10:13 PM, Guyon2002 said:

There is no way they will make her again, her other outfits (which she doesn't have much) aren't seen often and definetely not recognizable. Besides that the faceprints the SDCC figure has are enough te reenact pretty much every single scene she's in, from a walk through the school with Nancy to her death at the hands of the Demogorgon. She's very popular with the fans, but besides this figure there isn't much (if anything) they could possibly do with this character except for a direct rerelease.

The orangish ruffle shirt with a blue jacket over it and khaki jeans she wears to Steve's party are pretty recognizable in my opinion. And for faces she could have a sad one as she's left lone by the pool and a scared one without her glasses, which she took off in the Upside Down. Still, I kinda doubt it now. Whenever she gets merch it is somewhat exclusive, because companies know fans like her :sceptic:

On 7/25/2019 at 11:28 AM, legoSDR said:

Azog I believe had a different mouth printing. Honestly, if they can do the same with Barb (sightly different print), and have that slight variant released soon, it wouldn't reflect as poorly on Lego as it does currently.

1 minute ago, Gomek said:

Azog I believe had a different mouth printing. Honestly, if they can do the same with Barb (sightly different print), and have that slight variant released soon, it wouldn't reflect as poorly on Lego as it does currently.

Nope, the SDCC Azog is exactly the same as the one appearing in set 79014 Dol Guldur Battle

Is there any chance of any other sets coming out? I would love a Starcourt Mall, Mikes House, the Lab, Hopper's cabin, theres a lot they could do.

1 hour ago, LEGODrongo01 said:

Is there any chance of any other sets coming out? I would love a Starcourt Mall, Mikes House, the Lab, Hopper's cabin, theres a lot they could do.

No one except Lego knows at this point, I hope so though

On 9/13/2019 at 10:30 AM, Brick Cucumber said:

New Stranger Things notebook on the Lego VIP rewards page. Maybe points toward's Lego's interest in continuing the theme?image.png

Has anybody gotten this yet? It looks pretty nice and I love notebooks, but I'd hate to waste points on it if it's just a standard cheap notebook.

On 10/2/2019 at 7:05 PM, julesvincent said:

I'm really digging this "we're not in Hawkins anymore". In addition to the Big Ben sound makes me wonder if they actually will be in London.

I doubt it, they are most certainly going to be in Russia at some point. It would be silly if the show about a small town became a globe trotting adventure.

An interesting tidbit from the Q&A sessions with Jamie Berard and Jan Beyer at Skærbæk;

Jamie asked if we liked the Stranger Things set (which a lot of people did, no surprise). He then talked a little about how it was an exciting time at LEGO, that they now are able to do sets that previously would not have been possible to do (I understood this as a change in internal policies with regards to sets aimed at adults, but he never said so directly as far as I can remember). The Upside Down was the first of these, and it was brought to market in about 6 months which is a lot quicker than what is normal for a LEGO set. He hoped they would bring us more sets like that in the future. Just to be clear, he was not talking about future Stranger Things sets, but in general.

Pretty exciting stuff I think! Stranger Things is my favourite set so far this year, and I would love to see more high quality D2C sets from other current IP's.

A quick disclaimer: This is all from memory (which has been proven poor on occasion), English is not my first language and so on. Maybe if someone else was there they can add their 2 cents.

5 hours ago, LegoFjotten said:

An interesting tidbit from the Q&A sessions with Jamie Berard and Jan Beyer at Skærbæk;

Jamie asked if we liked the Stranger Things set (which a lot of people did, no surprise). He then talked a little about how it was an exciting time at LEGO, that they now are able to do sets that previously would not have been possible to do (I understood this as a change in internal policies with regards to sets aimed at adults, but he never said so directly as far as I can remember). The Upside Down was the first of these, and it was brought to market in about 6 months which is a lot quicker than what is normal for a LEGO set. He hoped they would bring us more sets like that in the future. Just to be clear, he was not talking about future Stranger Things sets, but in general.

Pretty exciting stuff I think! Stranger Things is my favourite set so far this year, and I would love to see more high quality D2C sets from other current IP's.

A quick disclaimer: This is all from memory (which has been proven poor on occasion), English is not my first language and so on. Maybe if someone else was there they can add their 2 cents.

If they do make more ST sets I really hope they are way smaller and cheaper than the Upside Down set as that one was just unnecesarrily large. It would've been infinetely better if it only included the normal house, car and figures. The UD house and trees shouldn't have been included, they made the completed model look bad (but that's just my opinion)

5 hours ago, LEGODrongo01 said:

I doubt it, they are most certainly going to be in Russia at some point. It would be silly if the show about a small town became a globe trotting adventure.

The "Westminster Quarters" are still a bit irritating then. Looking at the wiki article, there's no connection at all to Russia. In the US there's a connection to the Yankees and Lakers, but I kinda doubt both. 

Maybe it is this (taken from the wiki article): "Some electronic civil defense sirens in the United States manufactured by Federal Signal Corporation such as the Electronic Outdoor Warning Siren (EOWS), Modulator, and the Directional Speaker Array (DSA) sound off the chimes on a daily basis."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Westminster_Quarters

9 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

It would've been infinetely better if it only included the normal house, car and figures. The UD house and trees shouldn't have been included, they made the completed model look bad (but that's just my opinion)

I'll have to disagree, I think the set is superb as is. A regular house & car would have been just boring compared to what we got. The set captures the essence of the show in a single build that I think looks great on display, and it was fun to build as well. 

I don't expect to see any more Stranger Things sets unfortunately, even though personally I would have like to have more ST minifigures. We can always hope though, maybe season 4 will have some memorable scenes just begging to be made into sets.

32 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

If they do make more ST sets I really hope they are way smaller and cheaper than the Upside Down set as that one was just unnecesarrily large. It would've been infinetely better if it only included the normal house, car and figures. The UD house and trees shouldn't have been included, they made the completed model look bad (but that's just my opinion)

For me, the mirroring was the entire point of the set.

Just now, nikhkin said:

For me, the mirroring was the entire point of the set.

I get that was the point of the set, I just didn't like the look of it (especially with the trees)

On 10/2/2019 at 4:05 AM, julesvincent said:

In addition to the Big Ben sound makes me wonder if they actually will be in London.

Heh, I've read some theories regarding the bell tolling in that teaser that it's suggestive/hinting at time travel... :hmpf: :def_shrug: