Vonsek

LEGO Stranger Things Rumours Discussion

Literally have no clue where this came from but that torso IS PERFECT FOR NANCY and I can't find it anywhere. Anyone seen this around?

ST.jpg

21 minutes ago, Brick Cucumber said:

If we're talking perfect torso's for Nancy, the Lucas torso works pretty damn well.

True that works too. It would just set off my OCD having her and Lucas share the same torso. Plus I think the closed jacket is more accurate. 

1 hour ago, Lyichir said:

But if you really want these exclusives to stop happening, continuing to make a stink about them is probably the best way to do it. For me personally, I think it's kind of selfish to throw a tantrum over something you can't have and potentially make it go away for the people who do get to enjoy it.

I'm not throwing a tantrum just saying that it isn't a very nice thing for Lego to do, they are businesses niceness isn't a priority I know that but am I allowed to disappointed by they're continued practice of well this, yes? no?

Listen I'm typing slightly miffed words into a computer about a company that will never hear them, it's not really helping anyone but it's not really hurting anyone either. It not going to go away cause I don't like if that was the case there'd be a lot less mayonnaise and a lot more world peace.

After all, she's a fairly minor character who only appeared in one season of the show—even if another set were made it would more likely focus on settings from subsequent seasons and starring characters like Nancy, Steve, and Jonathan, rather than a character whose only appearances in the series were tragic and not especially family friendly

She did appear prior to her death in non tragic scenes. To honest she isn't my favourite character anyway but did like as she reminded me of one of my sisters. Minor characters can appeal people more than major ones as they don't need to tick the boxes that major characters do. For example Peridot, Lapis and Connie in Steven Universe are all less major characters than Steven but this mean they can more unique, flawed and interesting characters.

Now the figure does exist, albeit for a select few, and people lose their heads in anger over something that, if not for this release, might not have existed at all. It's dumb and yet it happens literally every year when some obscure Batman variant or whatever gets released.

Well that's the entire problem isn't it, that it does exist, better to have it not have been made than be made but artificially put out of reach for the majority of people.

I meant fans who get them at the con itself... the people it's designed for. Believe it or not, not EVERYONE who goes to Comic-Con is a scalper. There are in fact people who win figures they like and leave happy.

I'm sure there are and you aren't wrong and some of  theses figures more because prized because their exclusivity but some people would be just as happy with a figure they could buy from shop@home because it's who the represent that matters to them not where they got it. But people with benign intentions got the figure they might later think is this figure really worth that much to me when I could sell it for amount. Hell I'd consider selling one if I got one because the Byers house set has a lot more value in it in my eyes despite the aftermarket value of each.

Attending one of these events isn't cheap and they've only do these sort's of figure for two city both in the same country, travel hotel and event ticket all for the luxury to buy something ( I thought it was raffle anyway which makes it worse) these exclusives are  a product for the wealthy (or people who live nearby) and not for good reason.  

Every character or custom is someone's favourite so why for one character are they simply in a retail; set but another is restricted to a small time window in one place unless you want to pay stupid money for it on the aftermarket.

What if your favourite character was exclusive to an event of the other side of the planet when they could easily have made it available everywhere, I know I wouldn't be thrilled.

The internet and written word in general can fail at delivering sentiment  so it might seem like I'm having a temper tantrum but to be honest this isn't a hill I'm ready to die on, whilst I do think it is morally reprehensible I'm not exactly angry about, that would be a waste of effort cause they do this every year and I do get what you are saying.

Now the figure does exist, albeit for a select few, and people lose their heads in anger over something that, if not for this release, might not have existed at all. It's dumb and yet it happens literally every year when some obscure Batman variant or whatever gets released.

before I finish  i want briefly make an exemplified counter argument against this point. I am an avid Doctor Who Fan and I bought all the Doctor who products lego brought out. They only made 2 of 14 incarnations of the Doctor and I'm okay with that, I was a small theme after all. For some of the Doctor's other incarnation I figbarfed my own versions but if lego chose to make very limited release minifigure of say the 13th doctor I would be disheartened, even if I did manage to get I still be conflicted on the one had ya I've got one, on the other, they could've just released this properly and pleased more people. Whereas if they didn't release such a figure then I wouldn't be missing it. 

This obviously a much bigger deal with exclusive characters rather than exclusive costumes which is why I'm bothering to write this  because the character is exclusive (atm) not the version, if a different version is made widely available I will no longer care, (though I still won't be pleased about it). Take Captain Marvel(DC) and Captain Marvel (Marvel), The was exclusive to a comic-con release until this year whereas the latter had both a comic and a movie version available before the CC exclusive Kree Suit was revealed, to me one those is a bigger issue than the other. That said if the Captain marvel cc set was a regular retail set it would definitely be on my wish list.

TLDR: I'm not angry about it just disappointed (but not surprised), you do have a fair point but not everyone can go to SDCC so why not just make the figure available for everyone who goes and anyone else who wants it.

Apparently the new VIP program can be used to exchange points for SDCC items - I really hope this also applies to the figures (but highly doubt it) but al least there’s hope, and the fact that it’s not a more major character like Steve, Nancy, or Jonathan makes me hope that we will get another set down the line...

46 minutes ago, legozebra said:

Apparently the new VIP program can be used to exchange points for SDCC items

It's probably more likely to be the exclusive builds. But GOD do I wish they did a VIP Barb. Even as a Polybag it would be great.

1 hour ago, legozebra said:

Apparently the new VIP program can be used to exchange points for SDCC items - I really hope this also applies to the figures (but highly doubt it) but al least there’s hope, and the fact that it’s not a more major character like Steve, Nancy, or Jonathan makes me hope that we will get another set down the line...

That really doesn't sound like something lego would do, where did you hear this?

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

That really doesn't sound like something lego would do, where did you hear this?

They just launched a new VIP Program that allows you to exchange points for some really cool rewards (The BatPod, an exclusive raffle gift from 2013, was available to be exchanged for points but sold out by now), and a Lego Store Manager mentioned that SDCC items would be appearing on the rewards portal in the coming months. I highly, highly doubt this includes figures (It's probably just the Star Wars Sith Trooper bust, and if we're really lucky, the Captain Marvel and the Asis set) but I'm really hoping there's a chance this becomes available.

On 6/18/2019 at 9:48 AM, Whovastron said:
On 6/18/2019 at 8:56 AM, Digger of Bricks said:

Plus, this vignette submission is kinda cool: The Tunnels by MartiMovi

Current Submission Image

That tunnels set would be a great 2nd set

Apparently it was the grand prize winner in that contest, announced just a few days ago! :sweet:

Ok, i know I'm super late to the party, but I needed to say something. I'm really angry and sad that Barb is going to be a SDCC exclusive. Ever since I first watched the series Barb became my favourite character, and I know that for some, that may seem silly or crazy since Barb was such a minor character, but for alot of people including me, Barb was something more, I can´t really explain what, but something in her character made me feel understood, I related so much to her, and I understand why Lego decided to do it, she is not the most family friendly character, so if they were going to make her SDCC sounds like a good option. But still I wish there was another option. :sad:

19 hours ago, stroud1492 said:

These are some pretty damn good customs if I say so myself...just wish there were more accurate hair pieces for Nancy and Steve.

http://www.eclipsebricks.com/stranger-figs/

I'm kinda on the fence tbh, the designs seem a little bit off from the Lego ones tbh. The torso's extend too far and I don't like the quality of UV prints. But on the other hand, they are brilliant figs and EG are pretty good quality UV prints.

2 hours ago, Brick Cucumber said:

I'm kinda on the fence tbh, the designs seem a little bit off from the Lego ones tbh. The torso's extend too far and I don't like the quality of UV prints. But on the other hand, they are brilliant figs and EG are pretty good quality UV prints.

True my only gripe is about the torsos. I'm sure they won't be super noticeable with the other figs. Hoping to buy them and change out the legs to solid colors so they match with the rest since I doubt we'll get any more figs anytime soon.

Alright, so Barb is actually fairly "cheap" for SDCC standards. Less than $200 is a price I'm totally willing to pay for the figure, even though it still hurts knowing that it's just a small piece of plastic

anyone else think that Sirius Blacks hairpiece would be good for a season 2/3 Steve? His hair is more mullet-like in those seasons, the hairpiece captures it way better than the greasers hair I think

23 hours ago, Whovastron said:

anyone else think that Sirius Blacks hairpiece would be good for a season 2/3 Steve? His hair is more mullet-like in those seasons, the hairpiece captures it way better than the greasers hair I think

I completely agree. I absolutely hate the greaser hair for him, it looks awful. Sirius Black or Han Solo are much better choices

I don't think Barb will stay exclusive to the SDCC figure. The figure yes, but not the character. I think she'll be in another set but with new faceprints and a new outfit, the only thing the figure would share would be the hairpiece (unless they choose a different one). If she doesn't appear in another set, I'll be pretty disappointed, because I really do not want to pay so much money for one figure

2 hours ago, Fifulin said:

I don't think Barb will stay exclusive to the SDCC figure. The figure yes, but not the character. I think she'll be in another set but with new faceprints and a new outfit, the only thing the figure would share would be the hairpiece (unless they choose a different one). If she doesn't appear in another set, I'll be pretty disappointed, because I really do not want to pay so much money for one figure

There is no way they will make her again, her other outfits (which she doesn't have much) aren't seen often and definetely not recognizable. Besides that the faceprints the SDCC figure has are enough te reenact pretty much every single scene she's in, from a walk through the school with Nancy to her death at the hands of the Demogorgon. She's very popular with the fans, but besides this figure there isn't much (if anything) they could possibly do with this character except for a direct rerelease.

67179965_2288350134552744_12250806617364

Lego had a Stranger Things Dept of energy lab Minifig photo opportunity at their SDCC booth.

Honestly, Lego have pushed this new IP a LOT in these past weeks. At this point, I'd be surprised if they didn't have more plans for the future of this theme.

Photo's courtesy of Beyond The Brick

On 7/14/2019 at 1:50 PM, Brick Cucumber said:

Maybe there's a chance they'll do the SDCC figures without the exclusive packaging. Like the Rocket Racoon Polybag.

And the Lester minifigure.

I have no idea if this would even matter lol but my bricks and pieces order was hung up so I did the chat with customer service. To pass the time we talked some and I brought up the ST license and the possibility of another set and they said "Haha, we do like the fantasy aspects, but yeah, might have to pick our battles with the latest season." Sounds like there could be another set in the works but like I said it could be nothing...

Edited by stroud1492

3 hours ago, stroud1492 said:

I have no idea if this would even matter lol but my bricks and pieces order was hung up so I did the chat with customer service. To pass the time we talked some and I brought up the ST license and the possibility of another set and they said "Haha, we do like the fantasy aspects, but yeah, might have to pick our battles with the latest season." Sounds like there could be another set in the works but like I said it could be nothing...

I sincerely doubt that the Bricks and Pieces customer service rep has insider info on what themes and sets the higher ups are planning. I think it was more along the lines of friendly small-talk. But I think it reflects on how popular the idea is, so there's that...