Vonsek

LEGO Stranger Things Rumours Discussion

So with the new season it's now most definitley clear this is the most mature license TLG has ever handled.

Edited by Alegrispa

4 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Honestly, Finn's recolored hairpiece from Series 17's Gladiator CMF seems to do the job if you ask me:

That's an almost to me. It's got too much of the "fro curls" or whatever. If it was just flat I think it could work. I think LEGO is long overdue for a really short hairstyle.

On 7/4/2019 at 7:16 PM, Whovastron said:

Oh boy, no spoilers, but anyone still claiming that Stranger Things is at the same levels as Indiana Jones and Jurassic World after season 3 are kidding themselves. I’ll give you season one, but I’m confident they’ll never do things based on season 3

I couldn't agree more, I have a feeling this eliminates all possibilities of another set in the future... oh well

11 hours ago, Alegrispa said:

So with the new season it's now most definitley clear this is the most mature license TLG has ever handled.

It is for sure, I doubt Lego knew this season would be rated TV-MA, otherwise, they wouldn't have advertised it as much as they did on their social media platforms :roflmao:

But then again, you could always argue that the set is mainly based off of S1, with only the purple wizard hat being something strictly from S3. Each season almost feels like it's own movie, so Lego can probably get away with saying the first season was still family friendly enough for the one set

Edited by Puresh

I think the Slick-back hair works better for Eleven, maybe in a dark tan would be better...48201127372_c6172672f7_o.jpg

15 minutes ago, Puresh said:

I couldn't agree more, I have a feeling this eliminates all possibilities of another set in the future... oh well

I mean, Lego released the set well after the Season 3 trailer was out, they had to have known about this... direction... Plus, they're still advertising the set on all sorts of social media. They definitely knew this kinda thing was a possibility. This is a horror show after all...

Besides ,

Spoiler

I think that the "violence" is kinda over the top to the point of cartoonish-ness, melting bodies isn't actually something that Lego related IP's haven't done before (*Cough* *Cough* Indiana Jones and the melting faces).

Edited by Brick Cucumber

As an adult, I just feel really confused why Stranger Things is such a hot button issue here. I mean, if this set was being developed and marketed for children, I would probably have some qualm with that, but that's not the case here. It's a display piece with no typical play features, it's a 16+ age range, it has a hefty price tag that pretty much guarantees a child couldn't purchase it without parental assistance, and the commercials definitely seemed to lean on adult oriented nostalgia.

I feel like Lego can make adult sets and child sets and have different standards for both. Lego is supposed to be for everyone, I'm not sure I understand this insistence to neglect adult audiences just because a license may not always go hand in hand with the children audience. So long as the sets are good quality and targeted at the appropriate audience, I don't really see what the issue is. I'm glad Lego is going this direction and finally making content just for adults.

15 minutes ago, strangely said:

As an adult, I just feel really confused why Stranger Things is such a hot button issue here. I mean, if this set was being developed and marketed for children, I would probably have some qualm with that, but that's not the case here. It's a display piece with no typical play features, it's a 16+ age range, it has a hefty price tag that pretty much guarantees a child couldn't purchase it without parental assistance, and the commercials definitely seemed to lean on adult oriented nostalgia.

I feel like Lego can make adult sets and child sets and have different standards for both. Lego is supposed to be for everyone, I'm not sure I understand this insistence to neglect adult audiences just because a license may not always go hand in hand with the children audience. So long as the sets are good quality and targeted at the appropriate audience, I don't really see what the issue is. I'm glad Lego is going this direction and finally making content just for adults.

Very well put.

I find it a bit ironic that a majoritibly AFOL forum can sometimes not distinguish between "Lego" and "Kids" when it comes to some sets.

4 hours ago, strangely said:

I would totally be okay with that, it's just that Lego, in the past, has been known to only produce products based off of family friendly licenses. They were very strict with this rule up until recently, when they started doing a bit more risky stuff like Overwatch or James Bond. ST, however, is much worse than the other examples for one reason alone that it's rated (at least this newer season) TV-MA, the same rating as shows like Breaking Bad, Game of Thrones or the Walking Dead. 

On 7/7/2019 at 7:38 PM, Brick Cucumber said:

I think the Slick-back hair works better for Eleven, maybe in a dark tan would be better...48201127372_c6172672f7_o.jpg

I mean, Lego released the set well after the Season 3 trailer was out, they had to have known about this... direction... Plus, they're still advertising the set on all sorts of social media. They definitely knew this kinda thing was a possibility. This is a horror show after all...

Besides ,

Hide contents

I think that the "violence" is kinda over the top to the point of cartoonish-ness, melting bodies isn't actually something that Lego related IP's haven't done before (*Cough* *Cough* Indiana Jones and the melting faces).

Which head did you use for Jonathan and what body is that for Nancy? 

2 hours ago, Afolkingdom said:

Sorry, this image isn't by me, its A.Cookston's custom.

9 hours ago, Afolkingdom said:

That head was introduced for the Rebels version of the Imperial Officer and has since been used for two other minifigs, all in the Star Wars theme though: https://brickset.com/sets/containing-part-6100795

The easiest way to get it in a set is in the recent Battlefront II battle pack :classic:

The torso belongs to the version of Hermione found in the most recent Hogwarts Express set: https://brickset.com/sets/75955-1/Hogwarts-Express

On 7/7/2019 at 6:38 PM, Brick Cucumber said:
On 7/7/2019 at 6:27 PM, Puresh said:

Besides ,

Reveal hidden contents

In regards to your spoiler-pertinent thoughts on Season 3's horror, I kinda agree. :def_shrug:

Noooooo! Here I was, thinking this year’s exclusives weren’t worth losing sleep over, and now this stab in the back :enough:

Edited by Lego-Freak

WTF!

This is wrong Lego! So many of us paid that steep price for the set, don't leave us hanging like this! Do a wide release of this minifigure!

#JusticeForLegoBarb

I have never and never will understand the obsession with Barb. She was in the show for 5 minutes and has a Lego minifigure and McFarlane action figure before Steve, Nancy or Jonathan.

im just happy it isn’t Steve, really couldn’t care less about Barb. I really hope there will be a minifigure pack with Nancy, Jonathan and Steve

1 minute ago, Whovastron said:

I have never and never will understand the obsession with Barb. She was in the show for 5 minutes and has a Lego minifigure and McFarlane action figure before Steve, Nancy or Jonathan.

im just happy it isn’t Steve, really couldn’t care less about Barb. I really hope there will be a minifigure pack with Nancy, Jonathan and Steve

Completely agreed

1 minute ago, Whovastron said:

She's just a memorable character is all. She was really likeable, very unique looking and what happens to her is shocking, unceremonious and tragic. She left an impression that sticks with the general audience. She's one of the earliest deaths in the show and she's still being mentioned in the show even now.

And even though she had limited screen time, she managed be pretty important to the story. She was the motivation behind Nancy for two seasons, which in turn affected Jonathon and Steve's stories as well as the cover up narrative around the Hawkins Power Company. So for being a minor character she cast a surprisingly large shadow.

No obsession with Barb here, just want as many Stranger Things characters in LEGO form as possible. Sure, there many other characters I would like to get first, but I would still like this one.

So I'm not a SUPER huge lego fan, I mostly buy the D2Cs and smaller sets of franchises I collect. Never gotten into SDCC exclusives lego-wise. How would one go about obtaining one of these?

3 minutes ago, stroud1492 said:

Never gotten into SDCC exclusives lego-wise. How would one go about obtaining one of these?

Usually they go for hundreds of $ on eBay after the event.

Looks like you can buy one on ebay from someone that will be at sdcc! Only $400! This is gonna be a major money maker for people who get one!