Vonsek

LEGO Stranger Things Rumours Discussion

17 hours ago, Beyond48 said:

With the uncertain future of Lego movies, when it comes to CMF, technically Wizarding World (with a very likely Series 2) and Disney (Series 2 out and probably more to come) are the only current licensed series that Lego is working at the moment. If they introduce a new theme/license for upcoming CFM series, could Stranger Things be a likely choice?

I mean there is enough material for a series even for next year.

While I do agree that Stranger Things can offer enough for at least a single CMS, the show could never be able to offer enough for a longer-term run of at least ten Collectable Minifigure Series. Point being, I'd wish for Lego to avoid IPs for such that can be no more than One-Hit/Two-Hit Wonders so to speak.

I think it's very obvious that there won't be a CMF Series for ST due to the adult nature of the show but it's entirely possible that there'll be a SDCC exclusive set or figure and I'm scared to death even thinking about that 

On an unrelated note, the 'Iconically Stranger Things' contest on Lego Ideas is ending today, some pretty great mocs on there.

I wouldn't mind a buildable Demogorgon (after we get the rest of the main cast of course).

Edited by Brick Cucumber

19 minutes ago, Brick Cucumber said:

On an unrelated note, the 'Iconically Stranger Things' contest on Lego Ideas is ending today, some pretty great mocs on there.

I see @Norton74 had submitted two of his earlier Stranger Things-themed creations there... 

Plus, this vignette submission is kinda cool: The Tunnels by MartiMovi

Current Submission Image

29 minutes ago, Brick Cucumber said:

I wouldn't mind a buildable Demogorgon (after we get the rest of the main cast of course).

I presume you're referring to this submission? :wink: 

Demogorgon Figure by Ragaru

Current Submission Image

5 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Yep, love how creepy it looks. I'd definitely get that for a display-piece.

This kinetic sculpture by Andrew Harkins is another submission worth mentioning here! :wink:

LEGO Ideas - Billy's Chase! Kinetic Sculpture

40 minutes ago, Brick Cucumber said:
46 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Yep, love how creepy it looks. I'd definitely get that for a display-piece.

You know, I somewhat wonder if these contests can ulteriorly act a gauge for Lego in measuring the popularity of certain playset concepts for preexisting themes. :shrug_oh_well:

Edited by Digger of Bricks

I had a crack at two models myself. They're pretty lackluster but I'm pretty proud of the two scenes I managed to recreate.

First model.

Second model.

Although the first one took more time than I'd like to admit seeing as the rendering program I used didn't render reflections...

72N3MmL.png

7 hours ago, Brick Cucumber said:

I posted this one:

https://ideas.lego.com/challenges/f72933d5-6a50-4179-8a95-617380b3c74c/application/aab06b29-fc19-4ec9-b44a-c45bc053a998

48036927497_e7be055d28_k.jpg

I really want to win something, but I don't know. After the Ragaru's demogorgon, the tunnels and the Norton's cabin with the Blazer, the TV with the poster from season 2 or some entries inspired by the set with that Other Side style,  I can't get over the idea that my entry is just a van with a bike and a road.

Oh, by the way, the Blazer from the set like the Blazer from Chief Brody from Jaws:

DemWxFI.jpg

i077738.jpg

Edited by hachiroku

I found out about the contest a little bit late, but was hoping to submit my entry by 6 AM like it said on the IDEAS page. However, whenever my renders were done, it was already locked, even though it was before 6 AM EST. I’m very disappointed by it, but it’s not going to stop me from sharing!

I had to make do with what I had, such as Studio and LDD not having the new Stranger Things parts and prints yet. I also couldn’t find a suitable face for Steve, so I went with a generic one.

Enjoy!05zsTLK.png

8AutBgn.png

0WF8NHC.png

Edited by legonerd54321

3 hours ago, legonerd54321 said:

I found out about the contest a little bit late, but was hoping to submit my entry by 6 AM like it said on the IDEAS page. However, whenever my renders were done, it was already locked, even though it was before 6 AM EST. I’m very disappointed by it, but it’s not going to stop me from sharing!

I had to make do with what I had, such as Studio and LDD not having the new Stranger Things parts and prints yet. I also couldn’t find a suitable face for Steve, so I went with a generic one.

That's a pretty great moc man, love how you used the whip pieces to make the branches. Shame you couldn't get in, although don't feel too bad because the cutoff was probably last week seeing as they only confirmed 7 or so per day.

4 minutes ago, LostKnight said:

I’m having trouble finding an alternate eleven hair piece, any advice?

Deans hairpiece from cmf, that is the only hair that could work.

Has anybody found a better mold for El's wig? The one in the set is so unsatisfying and was just wondering if anyone else found a better piece lol

Oh boy, no spoilers, but anyone still claiming that Stranger Things is at the same levels as Indiana Jones and Jurassic World after season 3 are kidding themselves. I’ll give you season one, but I’m confident they’ll never do things based on season 3

No spoilers here, but at 16:06 in episode 1 you can see the space shuttle and booster stack from set 1682 on the shelf in Dustin's room.  That set was released in 1990, not 1985 ... :) ... silly little details like that are what fan forums are for, right?

I enjoyed season 3 a lot. Wouldn't mind another set. El's minifigure is kind of bad IMO (basically the hair, with no clear substitute since Lego's "shaved close" hair doesn't seem to exist. Maybe with season 3 designs where she's got actual hair that might be doable.

3 hours ago, BrickG said:

El's minifigure is kind of bad IMO (basically the hair, with no clear substitute since Lego's "shaved close" hair doesn't seem to exist. 

Honestly, Finn's recolored hairpiece from Series 17's Gladiator CMF seems to do the job if you ask me:

On 5/15/2019 at 5:49 AM, makoy said:

47065366754_412b89cb87_z.jpg