Vonsek

LEGO Stranger Things Rumours Discussion

By the way, is anyone here aware of the Stranger Things themed contest being hosted by LEGO Ideas? :classic:

LEGO Ideas - ICONICALLY STRANGER THINGS!

Warning… You might find yourself in the Upside Down with this contest where we invite you to build from the iconic universe of the Stranger Things series. What do you find most iconic from the universe and how will you build it? As a countdown for Season 3 starting July 4th we’re looking for a celebration of all Things Strange.

The Grand Prize winner will get the newly released 75810 Stranger Things set, a $300 shopping spree on shop.LEGO.comand some sweet Stranger Things merchandise.

6402606-Stranger_Things_Ideas_contest_winner_prize_V2-thumbnail-full.jpg

So, the set has been out for several days now, people here and elsewhere have bought it and assembled it and reviewed it, LEGO has produced all sorts of promotion for it and listed it on Shop at Home, etc.

I’m starting to suspect that just maybe, this is a real set after all. :look:  But I still can’t believe it’s not an elaborate hoax. :laugh:    :tongue:

Finally built mine.  Here are my thoughts:

THE GOOD:

• Dustin Figure!!!!
  • So many ways to display the set.
  • Separate build approach to share the exp with families and friends if you choose to do so.
  • Interesting build techniques through out.

THE NOT SO GOOD:

• Not much but if I really need to choose one, it will be Eleven's hair and Hooper's face.
  • The trees look unhealthy XD

Me and my wife had a great experience building it together.  I don't have anything to fault this set.  Yes, it's pricey but considering discount and VIP points, you might just able to get it in a price that will make this set a bargain.  I love some of the small details they put in.   And what a minifigure Lego produced for Dustin, totally love it.  I might consider to save up and buy another one to build a fully enclosed house.

Is anyone experiencing sagging with their set? The UCS Slave I required some modding to keep a large section from sagging. Is the model sturdy or does it bend under its own weight?

47 minutes ago, Terrasher said:

Is anyone experiencing sagging with their set? The UCS Slave I required some modding to keep a large section from sagging. Is the model sturdy or does it bend under its own weight?

My set is hanging for more than a month now. No sign of sagging. It is very stiff that you can grab any side of the stacked plates with one hand and not worry it will crumble.

6 hours ago, Terrasher said:

That's honestly also one of my biggest fears when it comes to this set. The Silent Mary really suffered from sagging, so much so that mine can't even keep the hull up anymore after 2 years of display

Looks like they're wide releasing the Catle Byers build, that's brilliant!

Some people selling them for £200+ on ebay. Even as someone with the (former) exclusive, I'm really glad they've made this choice.

Super disappointed. Just put it together today and cant even display it the correct way without the upside down house falling apart. The weight literally tore the entire house off the base. Great design just wish it was executed better. 

On 6/3/2019 at 10:04 PM, Terrasher said:

Never had any issues with my Slave I...

On 6/4/2019 at 4:04 AM, Terrasher said:

I don’t think the slave 1 sagging thing was ever real. Mines been on display 2 years and still looks fine

4 hours ago, stroud1492 said:

Super disappointed. Just put it together today and cant even display it the correct way without the upside down house falling apart. The weight literally tore the entire house off the base. Great design just wish it was executed better. 

I think you may have built it wrong, because it’s a super sturdy build

22 minutes ago, Whovastron said:

I don’t think the slave 1 sagging thing was ever real. Mines been on display 2 years and still looks fine

Same with mine. I don't have any problems except the small parts on the back coming loose sparsely when I move it.

13 hours ago, Brick Cucumber said:

Same with mine. I don't have any problems except the small parts on the back coming loose sparsely when I move it.

There was a thread a long while back about it sagging. A lot of the people complaint seemed to have built it wrong, and one person straight up just kinda took it apart to make it look worse and started to argue with the designer (who apparently used to be active here)

On 6/4/2019 at 5:22 AM, Puresh said:

That's honestly also one of my biggest fears when it comes to this set. The Silent Mary really suffered from sagging, so much so that mine can't even keep the hull up anymore after 2 years of display

My Silent Mary is still strong on display since day one. No problems. I moved it last week for cleaning the shelf, no sagging.

With the uncertain future of Lego movies, when it comes to CMF, technically Wizarding World (with a very likely Series 2) and Disney (Series 2 out and probably more to come) are the only current licensed series that Lego is working at the moment. If they introduce a new theme/license for upcoming CFM series, could Stranger Things be a likely choice?

I mean there is enough material for a series even for next year.

Edited by Beyond48

5 hours ago, Beyond48 said:

could Stranger Things be a likely choice?

While a character pack wouldn't be out of the question, CMF's are usually aimed at kids, so I could not see us getting a 16+ CMF series anytime in the future.

I have a bad feeling about SDCC, they might make an exclusive set or figure for ST :(

A Lego store figure pack would be awesome to get, not as an SDCC exclusive, but available in general stores. Nancy, Jonathan and Steve with some accessories like Christmas lights, baseball bat, Boombox. Something like that

3 hours ago, Brick Cucumber said:

While a character pack wouldn't be out of the question, CMF's are usually aimed at kids, so I could not see us getting a 16+ CMF series anytime in the future.

Good point. It makes sense.

16 minutes ago, Whovastron said:

A Lego store figure pack would be awesome to get, not as an SDCC exclusive, but available in general stores. Nancy, Jonathan and Steve with some accessories like Christmas lights, baseball bat, Boombox. Something like that

Nancy, Jonathan, Steve and a brickbuilt Demo-dog. I know that wouldn't fit continuity-wise but I would absolutely love it.

From what I can tell, this set is only available through Shop@Home and brick and mortar stores, correct? If so, does anyone think that Target or Barnes & Noble will sell it at some point?