Vonsek

LEGO Stranger Things Rumours Discussion

13 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I used Bilbo’s face for my custom Jonathan

Me too. Though I didn't find a good torso for him, though new the Harry Potter casual one might work nicely.

32906199537_5e0f69c48d_n.jpg

Ironically I think the torso with the  closest colour+ style match for Nancy (at least in that outfit) would be Lucas's from the set. 

@Puresh She wears white gloves in the show?... (Image in spoiler due to size)

Edited by Agent Kallus
ahh that text beneath the picture is supposed to be normal text :(

17 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Here's @just2good's review! :classic:

Oh, can't wait to watch that when I'm home. I have to consume every video about this set until I build mine :roflmao:

Edited by Peppermint_M
Don't quote videos

Has anyone removed the ball-socket parts and joined the two halves back to back to form a complete house? Trying to imagine what it would look like within a town/city layout.

48 minutes ago, LostKnight said:

Do you think this set was a one-off?

I can't see them making this into a wave of sets because it'd probably sparsely sell and the figures are the main draw for this set, but I wouldn't put it past them to do a figure pack or another D2C down the line because of how well received this set has been.

11 hours ago, badbob001 said:

Has anyone removed the ball-socket parts and joined the two halves back to back to form a complete house? Trying to imagine what it would look like within a town/city layout.

Jangbricks review at 15:18

Edited by skelliesgang
Link

Bag 9 Build

This is in my Flickr album along with the other pictures used in my review. 

11 hours ago, Brick Cucumber said:

I can't see them making this into a wave of sets because it'd probably sparsely sell and the figures are the main draw for this set, but I wouldn't put it past them to do a figure pack or another D2C down the line because of how well received this set has been.

I'm not particularly interested in this one, but if they do a Hawkins Lab and price it more reasonably than this thing, I'd be up for that.

I can't believe people are buying the castle Byers mini build on ebay for £70!i have ordered all the pieces on bricklink for £4 so essentially people are paying £65 for 2 stickers :iamded_lol:

Does anyone have a high quality scan of the Castle Byers stickers? If so could you please message me.

Is the guy who designed this the same guy who designed the D2C Hogwarts Castle? Looks like the same guy. If it is, he’s one of the most talented Lego designers they have. Those are two of the most well designed sets ever made

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

13 hours ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

I'm not particularly interested in this one, but if they do a Hawkins Lab and price it more reasonably than this thing, I'd be up for that.

For Christ’s sake, 2200 pieces is a good deal for a $200 set. 

30 minutes ago, HalfBloodPrince said:

Plus it has some of the best figures Lego has ever done to date. I've never seen a few figures represent the likenesses of actors that well. You can't just ignore the things like the light brick, three new molds (which is a new record for a D2C) and the licensing either. In addition to that, the set also has some of the best engineering and design I've ever seen from an official Lego product. I think it would've easily also been worth $250, maybe even $300

1 hour ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Is the guy who designed this the same guy who designed the D2C Hogwarts Castle? Looks like the same guy. If it is, he’s one of the most talented Lego designers they have. Those are two of the most well designed sets ever made

It sure is the same Justin Ramsden! He's only work there for about 5 years and his recent work has been epic especially the hogwarts Castle! 

2 hours ago, HalfBloodPrince said:

Maybe in the US. 

In Australia, it's $350 AUD. The Ninjago City Docks cost the same price and it had half again as many pieces. For that kind of money I could buy a Modular Building and have enough left over for the Spinjitzu Monastery. 

31 minutes ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

Maybe in the US. 

In Australia, it's $350 AUD. The Ninjago City Docks cost the same price and it had half again as many pieces. For that kind of money I could buy a Modular Building and have enough left over for the Spinjitzu Monastery. 

An average Lego set has a 10 cents/piece ratio in the US. You can't take one set that Lego spoiled us with once and criticize others for the rest of eternity because of it

The ST set is a pretty good deal in the US at least. 2200+ pieces, 8 extremely accurate figures, 3 new molds and a light brick all in one phenomenally designed set for $200 is really fair if you ask me

Edited by Puresh

I think the same guy also designed the Apocalypseburg set. So he designed (arguably) the three best D2C sets in recent years. He needs to keep up the good work! I hope he designs a lot more of these types of sets!

3 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I think the same guy also designed the Apocalypseburg set. So he designed (arguably) the three best D2C sets in recent years. He needs to keep up the good work! I hope he designs a lot more of these types of sets!

I couldn't agree more. He designed some of my favorite sets of all time already - I hope he keeps his work going :wub:

He really seems like a nice guy too, always open for interviews and stuff like that. He honestly can't be praised enough

Justin has designed quite a few great sets: Sets designed by Justin Ramsden

Spoke to him briefly during a signing event at the LEGO House last year, and he seemed like a nice guy (but to be fair, so have all LEGO designers I've met). I did commend him on his work on the larger location based Superheroes sets which I think are great, hopefully he will keep doing those.

Finally it's "Available Now" for AUS & NZ Shop@home .... a week later than other parts of the world.