Vonsek

LEGO Stranger Things Rumours Discussion

2 hours ago, War of the Bas said:

The set is on the site but it says available June 1 (I am VIP). anyone know why?

Probably waiting until the US is awake before making it live for VIPs to order.

Edited by Andyperkins

3ir6a23ciby21.jpg

Picture I took of the Castle Byers I got at the Leicester Square event. They were really lovely and let me take home another one for my Mum when things died down and they knew they ha enough stock. Really nice event. They just haned out free Polybags and Cake at the door and kept bringing out cake for people waiting in line for the signing. Overall a really great experience.

4 hours ago, Brick Cucumber said:

Picture I took of the Castle Byers I got at the Leicester Square event. They were really lovely and let me take home another one for my Mum when things died down and they knew they ha enough stock. Really nice event. They just haned out free Polybags and Cake at the door and kept bringing out cake for people waiting in line for the signing. Overall a really great experience.

Some people took them for granted. I saw a guy build 4 castle Byers, then come back and build two more. They’ll almost certainly end up on eBay. I made two, because I want to expand one to make it more minifig scale.

Just now, Whovastron said:

Some people took them for granted. I saw a guy build 4 castle Byers, then come back and build two more. They’ll almost certainly end up on eBay. I made two, because I want to expand one to make it more minifig scale.

I asked a staff member if they had any stickers or pieces spare while I was in line and she said the manager told them not to give out more than one. But it was kinda wierd to see people get so many. One staff member was helping a lady build like 4 of them to take with her. Kinda wish I got another set of those sticker-ed pieces so I could Build an Upside-Down version. to clip on the bottom of the Fort.

For anyone who’s wondering, here’s the parts list for Castle Byers:

2x 4114026
1x 4243815
1x 4516843
2x 6016172
1x 4530712
2x 4211183
4x 4211180
4x 4211181
11x 4538252
1x 4243838
5x 4211525
1x 4541978
2x 6011817
1x 4210660
8x 6167700
2x 6268615

I ordered the mine but it shows as pre-order I guess it’s like the flint stones set that the Australia warehouse didn’t get stock for VIP early access. And it’s back ordered now.

2 minutes ago, Pchan1983 said:

I ordered the mine but it shows as pre-order I guess it’s like the flint stones set that the Australia warehouse didn’t get stock for VIP early access. And it’s back ordered now.

Oh great! :sceptic: I drive home from work and in that time it’s gone from coming soon to backorder. Typical of Lego Australia...probably had ~2 sets available. :wall:

Just ordered mine! But I had a problem with the credit card, and could't reach Lego customer service to fix it... Guess the line is very busy!

Just now, Marinho said:

Just ordered mine! But I had a problem with the credit card, and could't reach Lego customer service to fix it... Guess the line is very busy!

Did you use normal or Express shipping?

6 minutes ago, Vonsek said:

Did you use normal or Express shipping?

Normal shipping. It was the first time I used the credit card on their website, but I just choose to pay by invoice and it worked. Probably it will take more time, but it will arrive. :laugh:

20 minutes ago, Markalus said:

Typical of Lego Australia...probably had ~2 sets available.

It will be more than 2.  The transfer carton probably has 3 ~ 4 sets per box.  I think it's more inline they don't even have it in stock yet.  NZ doesn't have physical LEGO store, I wonder if the Sydney or Melbourne one have it in stores.  But yes, since the s@h moved to Australia warehouse things are going downhill.  The only improvement is reduced shipping time and cost but they use TOLL!!!!!  worse shipping company ever =(

I'm signed in, it still won't let me get the set. Does anyone have any advice?

Edited by LostKnight

I am relieved that there is no special parts in Castle Byers... because that will totally defeat the statement by LEGO earlier that they will stop (limit?) exclusive releases. 

I think many customisers out there can do much better stickers for Castle Byers and using those pictures shared, one can easily make their own Castle Byers. Sweet!

5 minutes ago, LostKnight said:

Seriously, I have been trying for the past 2 hours.

Contact customer service

Just now, makoy said:

I am relieved that there is no special parts in Castle Byers... because that will totally defeat the statement by LEGO earlier that they will stop (limit?) exclusive releases. 

I think many customisers out there can do much better stickers for Castle Byers and using those pictures shared, one can easily make their own Castle Byers. Sweet!

Technically it doesn’t count as a regional exclusive. It’s not a set (doesn’t have a set number) it’s not got any exclusive parts and had no packaging or officially released instructions or regularly produced stickers 

even if it had a set number, it still wouldn't count as a regional exlusive:

In the following areas we will still be launching products, which will have a certain limitation to availability and production runs:

• Pilot projects, such as Forma, to check out markets and opportunities without being able to make them widely available.
  • Gift With Purchase campaigns through LEGO Shop at Home and LEGO Brand Retail.
  • Products only sold in certain experiences (for example LEGOLAND, LEGO House & LEGO Brand Retail stores).
  • Special Event Sets (Comic Cons, LEGO Inside Tour).

BTW, that is a really "strange" product photo on the lego store set website:

75810_alt14?wid=1500&hei=1500&fit=constr

1 hour ago, incognito said:

even if it had a set number, it still wouldn't count as a regional exlusive:

BTW, that is a really "strange" product photo on the lego store set website:

Someone must’ve dropped the set ?

1 hour ago, LostKnight said:

Seriously, I have been trying for the past 2 hours.

I am experiencing the same problem, trying since midnight to buy the set. Some time between the night the set changed from “Coming June 1st” to “ Available May 25th for VIP members”, but still does not allow me to buy. US website.

Have you solved your problem?

I’ve ordered the set with express shipping despite hating that with a fiery passion (the shipping, not the set :head_back:). I hope it’ll be here before the weekend, that’d be ace :thumbup:

So, for me it’s now official: between this set, the HP sets, Jurassic World, the FFH sets, Overwatch, the Disney CMF series, the Steamboat Willie set, the entirety of the TLM2 sets (+ the film itself), the SW anniversary sets, the Tantive IV, the Praetorian Guard BP and the Toy Story 4 minifigs, 2019 is now my favourite year in terms of LEGO sets, deservedly taking the crown from 2014 :sweet: And to think it’s not even over, there’s still two Overwatch sets, the TRoS sets, the Minecraft summer wave, the Disney D2C and the Jurassic Parc D2C that are left to be revealed *oh2* This year is just insane

Just now, Lego-Freak said:

I’ve ordered the set with express shipping despite hating that with a fiery passion (the shipping, not the set :head_back:). I hope it’ll be here before the weekend, that’d be ace :thumbup:

So, for me it’s now official: between this set, the HP sets, Jurassic World, the FFH sets, Overwatch, the Disney CMF series, the Steamboat Willie set, the entirety of the TLM2 sets (+ the film itself), the SW anniversary sets, the Tantive IV, the Praetorian Guard BP and the Toy Story 4 minifigs, 2019 is now my favourite year in terms of LEGO sets, deservedly taking the crown from 2014 :sweet: And to think it’s not even over, there’s still two Overwatch sets, the TRoS sets, the Minecraft summer wave, the Disney D2C and the Jurassic Parc D2C that are left to be revealed *oh2* This year is just insane

I completely agree. Lego blew it out of the water in 2019, and we're only 5 months in :wub:

I also just ordered my copy. I'm really late so I'm glad nothing is on backorder just yet

5 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Hey, if the set does not arrive by this weekend we’ll get a refund for the Express Shipping. Yes, i spoke to support. ?

(I chose Express aswell)

Shit! After hours trying to buy the ST sets and the website never allowing me now it is back ordered!

And the site charged me instantly and not when the set ships!

Awesome service as usual, LEGO

Just now, Yochip said:

It’s up in the US now

Backordered since it was up.