Vonsek

LEGO Stranger Things Rumours Discussion

This set looks amazing, much better than I could've ever hoped for. I'm gladly eating Joyce :wub:

Edited by Puresh

Hmm, this doesn't look quite right to me.. :laugh:

RrGzGWl.png

Edited by Vonsek

Looks like there’s a pumpkin in the back of Hopper’s car. Nice little season 2 reference there.

Wow!! :wub: :cry_happy:

This set is one of the best to have released in the last few year, at least imo. I love everything it has going for it; the construction that connects the Upside Down and regular house together, the amazingly detailed minifigs, all the exclusive prints and stickers, the highly detailed builds, the fact that it is Stranger Things and everything else it has going for it. While I feel they're were some odd choices involving the placement of the windows and the hole in the wall - as the windows are covered up by the wall with lights in it and in the set the hole appears in Will's room, not in the living room like the show, but it's still excellently designed!

This is truely one of the most unique and fantastically produced sets we've had in a while. 

11 minutes ago, Vonsek said:

Hmm, this doesn't look quite right to me.. :laugh:

If you're referring to the fact that the wheels aren't touching the ground, I think that's because there is a stand/connection point that holds the car to the base, so that can flip upside down.

What I love about this set is that it is a display piece. Lego have been moving towards that the last few years. On the one hand you have the ships from Star Wars and the helicarrier etc. But an actual display piece that knows what it is is something I hope they continue. Hogwarts last year, this set this year, they’re both amazing sets that a casual fan can get to show their love for the property without worrying about it being a kids toy or a play set. It’s great. I love how even in the description they don’t mention play features, they mention details. Even hoppers car opening is referred to as ‘easy access’ to more details, not to make play easier.

continue this trend Lego! 

11 minutes ago, Foxes Productionz said:

Wow!! :wub: :cry_happy:

This set is one of the best to have released in the last few year, at least imo. I love everything it has going for it; the construction that connects the Upside Down and regular house together, the amazingly detailed minifigs, all the exclusive prints and stickers, the highly detailed builds, the fact that it is Stranger Things and everything else it has going for it. While I feel they're were some odd choices involving the placement of the windows and the hole in the wall - as the windows are covered up by the wall with lights in it and in the set the hole appears in Will's room, not in the living room like the show, but it's still excellently designed!

This is truely one of the most unique and fantastically produced sets we've had in a while. 

If you're referring to the fact that the wheels aren't touching the ground, I think that's because there is a stand/connection point that holds the car to the base, so that can flip upside down.

You’re right, my bad.

What a fantastic set! Great figures and a creative and fun build that looks great on display. This might end up being my favourite set this year.

8 minutes ago, incognito said:

The Strangest Thing is to do another teaser when the official pictures are already out.

The site that posted them wasn't supposed to until tomorrow, and these teasers have been planned for months 

So some people started queuing at 3am, it’s now 4.26pm and there’s apparently 6 people in the queue.

i think they overestimated the popularity of this compared to the Falcon

30 minutes ago, Whovastron said:

So some people started queuing at 3am, it’s now 4.26pm and there’s apparently 6 people in the queue.

Yep the definitely did. The Falcon was a limited set as well and it‘s one of the most recognizable vehicles in movie history, I don‘t think you can compare it to The Byer‘s house. Aaaand star wars has one of the biggest fanbases so that was to be expected ?

Edited by topiku

53 minutes ago, Whovastron said:

I will just order it from the comfort of my sofa.

Oh, and does anyone know if LEGO Express Shipping actually takes 1-2 days? I’d love to have it here before the weekend.

I’m so excited for this set but I’m going to have to wait until double VIP points to get it. Anyone know when the next double VIP points will be?

2 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I’m so excited for this set but I’m going to have to wait until double VIP points to get it. Anyone know when the next double VIP points will be?

Not in June atleast. 

Does anyone know anyone who's going to livestream the Leicester Square event? Maybe StoneWars?

51 minutes ago, Puresh said:

Does anyone know anyone who's going to livestream the Leicester Square event? Maybe StoneWars?

He was not able to go there sadly. I’d assume Promobricks will though.

Edited by Vonsek

1 hour ago, Puresh said:

There’s someone filming right now, interviewing people in the queue. There’s only about 100-110 people here. They gave out red and black cupcakes and some Star Wars poly bags. I got the Vader battle pod and the astromech from a Rogue one, but I believe some people have gotten DJ and a tie fighter or poes x-wing.

refreshing S@H.. refreshing... refreshing...

Is it 1 hour from now?

yes, it is.

3 minutes ago, Whovastron said:

There’s someone filming right now, interviewing people in the queue. There’s only about 100-110 people here. They gave out red and black cupcakes and some Star Wars poly bags. I got the Vader battle pod and the astromech from a Rogue one, but I believe some people have gotten DJ and a tie fighter or poes x-wing.

Please keep us updated ^^

Edited by Vonsek

“There is an exclusive make and take build that is only at this store and related to the set”

sorry guys

EDIT: just announced by a store employee

Edited by Whovastron

Just now, Whovastron said:

“There is an exclusive make and take build that is only at this store and related to the set”

sorry guys

As long as there aren't any exclusive prints or stickers in it...

Still :ugh:

sorry guys

EDIT: just announced by a store employee

Yikes.

Just now, Vonsek said:

Yikes.

Appropriate reaction :laugh:

Will be sure to let you guys know what it is

Edited by Whovastron

Appropriate reaction :laugh:

Will be sure to let you guys know what it is

Make and take usually means you all get the pieces and you build it together. It ain't a Lego set without instructions :roflmao:

EDIT: Nope, make and take are apparently those plastic bags with instructions in them, they do have stickers quite often. Damnit

Edited by Puresh