Vonsek

LEGO Stranger Things Rumours Discussion

11 minutes ago, Agent Kallus said:

I think Lucas was more in need of a new hairpiece than Will, if I can convince myself to buy the set then I'll give him the Finn hair, I'm also considering the Mr. Incredible hair for Hopper and I've tried my hand at making purist verisons of Steve. Nancy and Jonathan. (If they make the Finn hair in a light brown then I'll give it to El too.

Well lego can survive being digested, I swallowed a brick as a kid and it came out the other end intact, not exaclty something I'd recommend though :look: (No I didn't keep the brick :laugh:)

I think the Finn hairpiece is way too long for 11. Going no hairpiece was the only option in my opinion. I’m gonna give hopper the Dimensions Venkman hairpiece, hopefully that might make him look a little better

im glad they did what they did with Lucas. The hair doesn’t work perfectly, but I’d rather get an exclusive piece and it look okay than get the very common Finn hairpiece. I have a spare of that so it will be easy to change if it looks bad in person.

but I disagree with Will not needing one, he’s the only one that did, his hair is very specific. The Ron bowl cut is way too big and innacurate, and the Spalko Bob is the wrong shape. Dustin would be the sacrifice I would make, the Hobbit hair could of worked

Just noticed that the car can be attached so it doesn’t fall off if it’s upside down! Awesome work on this, just looked up the designers others sets, brilliant stuff, he and the designer of the UCS Falcon are probably my favourite designers right now

4 hours ago, Puresh said:

Still trying to figure out the best way to do this :roflmao:

Does it count if I blend her up into powder and mix her up with a drink? I've googled it, those sharp corners on Lego figures can cause internal bleeding and cuts, even death. Plastic power is probably equally as bad for you. I'm screwed either way  :roflmao: :roflmao:

Oh no no. Please dont spoil the surprise. Just share the link when the time comes :roflmao:

2 hours ago, Agent Kallus said:

Well lego can survive being digested, I swallowed a brick as a kid and it came out the other end intact, not exaclty something I'd recommend though :look: (No I didn't keep the brick :laugh:)

Oh that poor Joyce minifigure will have one heck of a journey

Girl, the strange things you are about to see hahaha

Edited by Robert8

Am I the only one who really wants that black car from the video teaser? It has exclusive printed parts but doesn't appear in the set at all, Maybe it's a hint to a future set? Anyone now what it's from?

3 minutes ago, Brick Cucumber said:

Am I the only one who really wants that black car from the video teaser? It has exclusive printed parts but doesn't appear in the set at all, Maybe it's a hint to a future set? Anyone now what it's from?

While we don't yet have any clue as to what or where it may belong, my hunch is that it's part of an upcoming Speed Champions set. :shrug_oh_well:

Just now, Digger of Bricks said:

While we don't yet have any clue as to what or where it may belong, my hunch is that it's part of an upcoming Speed Champions set. :shrug_oh_well:

One can hope. but Speed Champions sets don't usually have printed plates do they?

The car didn’t look very official to me, pretty sure it was just made for the sake of the ad

Just now, Whovastron said:

The car didn’t look very official to me, pretty sure it was just made for the sake of the ad

But it did have two printed parts, and I doubt Lego would show it if they weren't planning it, seeing as they could have used a number of other cars.

Edited by Brick Cucumber

7 minutes ago, Brick Cucumber said:

But it did have two printed parts, and I doubt Lego would show it if they weren't planning it, seeing as they could have used a number of other cars.

One of those parts is from the mini creator Beetle, I wouldn’t be surprised if the other was from somewhere else too.

dont forget that there is a huge marketing push behind this. Lego has supposedly been fined by Netflix for the early leak. It wouldn’t surprise me if Netflix has put a lot of money into this, bankrolling all these teasers and videos, and the costs behind the London event. A small printed part (that could easily just be a sticker, it’s not exactly 4K quality video) is feasible just for an ad. They also built a billboard for the add too

6 hours ago, Whovastron said:

One of those parts is from the mini creator Beetle, I wouldn’t be surprised if the other was from somewhere else too.

and that's not even a print.

In my opinion, it's just a mockup of a typical 80s toy commercial, so they used a mockup of a typical 80s car. 

I'm really hoping that the "Netflix and Build" event is just a building competition with a lot of pieces to choose from. I really don't want it to be an exclusive polybag or bag that has exclusive stickers or prints. I'm scared it'll be something like the Jurassic World gate set they gave out at Toys R Us back when the film came out, just having a much more limited quantity available worldwide, being 400 (maybe even less) 

1 minute ago, LostKnight said:

So when does it officially release in the US? 

Tomorrow for VIP members (basically everyone with an email address and 2 minutes spare to create an account) 

23 minutes ago, Puresh said:

I'm really hoping that the "Netflix and Build" event is just a building competition with a lot of pieces to choose from. I really don't want it to be an exclusive polybag or bag that has exclusive stickers or prints. I'm scared it'll be something like the Jurassic World gate set they gave out at Toys R Us back when the film came out, just having a much more limited quantity available worldwide, being 400 (maybe even less) 

It’ll be a pack containing Nancy, Jonathon, and Steve :tongue: :devil:

1 minute ago, Puresh said:

Tomorrow for VIP members (basically everyone with an email address and 2 minutes spare to create an account) 

But don't they have a release party in NYC Tuesday?

Just now, LostKnight said:

But don't they have a release party in NYC Tuesday?

Leicester Square in London, and that's a midnight release so you'll be able to buy it the second Wednesday srarts

Just now, Puresh said:

Leicester Square in London, and that's a midnight release so you'll be able to buy it the second Wednesday srarts

so, midnight TONIGHT?

2 minutes ago, LostKnight said:

so, midnight TONIGHT?

If you live in the UK, yes

When does it release online for VIP's? Or can you only get it in the UK at first? Because the UK is 5 hours ahead

Edited by LostKnight

11 minutes ago, LostKnight said:

When does it release online for VIP's? Or can you only get it in the UK at first? Because the UK is 5 hours ahead

It releases everywhere online too

26 minutes ago, LostKnight said:

nobody knows at what exact time Lego releases new sets in its online store. It's always a lottery (at least in Germany).

Not sure why they went with a white roof for Hopper's car when the roof in the show is Tan?

it maybe tan (although on some pictures it looks white), but it's a lighter tan than on the side of the car, so it makes sense to make it white.  I guess they ran out of lego tan shades ;)