Vonsek

LEGO Stranger Things Rumours Discussion

27 minutes ago, BrickG said:

I think Lego through it's future history will continue a trend upwards of accepting more and more adult themes. They'll probably never go full adult crazy. But I'd like to imagine a LEGO of the future that could do themes like Game of Thrones ;).

I'm tempted by this set...

There would never be GOT. That is full adult crazy. Explicit sex and gore  at least in Stranger Things they’re subtle about it.

#AFOL Theme.  I am too chicken to watch the actual show, but I might get 1 set just for more legos

would it be worth setting up a new thread for discussing what adult themes we'd love to see? It can include rumours etc about existing themes but primarily just a thread about the sort of themes and sets we'd love to see from LEGO targeted at AFOLs and focused on mature themes. I know I'd have a lot to talk about/customs to show relating to adult themes. And I'd love to hear/see other people's ideas too.

Or of course if such a thread already exists please send me a link

Thoughts?

2 hours ago, Whovastron said:

There would never be GOT. That is full adult crazy. Explicit sex and gore  at least in Stranger Things they’re subtle about it.

They're not subtle about violence. You see people get torn apart and killed pretty viciously.

Sex stuff? Yeah... LEGO GoT in 2078!

2 hours ago, Whovastron said:

You’re probably right, but then again, I think we all would have said the same thing about Stranger Things at one point and here it is

Just now, Balrogofmorgoth said:

You’re probably right, but then again, I think we all would have said the same thing about Stranger Things at one point and here it is

While I certainly agree that Stranger Things is a far more adult license than any that came before, I think we can all agree that GoT is another level entirely. While pretty much all of the deaths in ST are quite gory and disturbing, there aren't too many of them. In addition to that, the only real on-screen sex scene was still very softcore. Game of Thrones, on the other hand, has sex scenes that show pretty much the entire body of both the male and female stars. The deaths in the show are also excessively gory. Stranger Things is rated TV-14, which is why I think other shows with that rating have a good chance to maybe one day get an official set (LOST, Supernatural, Rick and Morty etc.) but I doubt that Game of Thrones would ever happen myself.

24 minutes ago, Puresh said:

While I certainly agree that Stranger Things is a far more adult license than any that came before, I think we can all agree that GoT is another level entirely. While pretty much all of the deaths in ST are quite gory and disturbing, there aren't too many of them. In addition to that, the only real on-screen sex scene was still very softcore. Game of Thrones, on the other hand, has sex scenes that show pretty much the entire body of both the male and female stars. The deaths in the show are also excessively gory. Stranger Things is rated TV-14, which is why I think other shows with that rating have a good chance to maybe one day get an official set (LOST, Supernatural, Rick and Morty etc.) but I doubt that Game of Thrones would ever happen myself.

I don’t disagree, but one could also say Stranger Things is on a completely different level compared to something like Star Wars as far as content. My point is the bar keeps getting slightly higher. You never know, some day they may just say screw it and start making some strictly adult Lego themes. Maybe not, but who really knows?

2 hours ago, Puresh said:

Haha Rick and Morty? Seems very unlikely but all I’m hoping for is Buffy. 

Excited to see some good pics of the set. 

Given the teasers Lego has released on social media; the ‘classified’ photo, the 80’s-style commercial and now the phone ringing - it’s easy to see why they got so ansty about the leaked low res box images. I like the teasers, they are fun. 

Someone is claiming that they heard a rumour about "71049" being a CMF Series for ST, with 20 figures. This is really just a post from a complete stranger, who's not associated with the leaking community but it's still interesting to hear 

2 minutes ago, Puresh said:

Someone is claiming that they heard a rumour about "71049" being a CMF Series for ST, with 20 figures. This is really just a post from a complete stranger, who's not associated with the leaking community but it's still interesting to hear 

Sounds fishy, to say the least :laugh: A D2C being accompanied by a CMF series happened several times before (Simpsons, Disney, WW), but we know that Series 19 is next :classic: There’s no wiggle room for a fourth series this year

Just now, Lego-Freak said:

Sounds fishy, to say the least :laugh: A D2C being accompanied by a CMF series happened several times before (Simpsons, Disney, WW), but we know that Series 19 is next :classic: There’s no wiggle room for a fourth series this year

Let's hope that's true and Lego won't pull a sneaky on us and release 4 series in one year, I really don't like CMF series myself 

13 hours ago, Puresh said:

I would love to see Lost sets/figures. I'm not sure about American TV ag ratings, what else comes under TV-14?

17 minutes ago, Puresh said:

Pretty sure it's not true, the next CMF is apparently going to be a traditional non-licensed wave

12 minutes ago, legoSDR said:

I would love to see Lost sets/figures. I'm not sure about American TV ag ratings, what else comes under TV-14?

In Germany, Stranger Things and Overwatch has the same age rating as GoT (FSK16 - 16 and up)

Usually Sex is not the problem here, but violence. So you could call it the upside down to the USA ;)

So from a German point of view, i don't see why there would be Stranger Things and Overwatch, but not GoT.  And there is not much naked skin in GoT anymore anyway.... GoT and ST both shouldn't be watched by kids.
But each country has its own culture, so Lego has to respect that, at least in its biggest markets.

28 minutes ago, incognito said:

So from a German point of view, i don't see why there would be Stranger Things and Overwatch, but not GoT.  And there is not much naked skin in GoT anymore anyway.... GoT and ST both shouldn't be watched by kids.

That’s very interesting how the ratings differ. I’d say that LEGO could justify Stranger Things because, whether they should be watching it or not, the show is very popular with 12-15 year olds, largely because of the main cast of kids becoming role models for so many of them. It would be very irresponsible for LEGO to promote Game of Thrones to the target LEGO audience simply because sex not only features, but themes around it are overtly prevalent. It’s really the graphic horror of Stranger Things that made me believe it wasn’t ever going to be made into LEGO, but I guess they could look past that.

Overwatch too appears to be mostly marketed towards adult fans, but even so, from my understanding of the game, it’s violence level is no worse than, say, Star Wars. 

Edited by Tobias_Jay

1 hour ago, Tobias_Jay said:

That’s very interesting how the ratings differ. I’d say that LEGO could justify Stranger Things because, whether they should be watching it or not, the show is very popular with 12-15 year olds, largely because of the main cast of kids becoming role models for so many of them.

That is certainly true, but then again other shows like the Walking Dead are also extremely popular with kids that age, while Game of Thrones is watched more by adults and older teens

1 hour ago, Puresh said:

That is certainly true, but then again other shows like the Walking Dead are also extremely popular with kids that age, while Game of Thrones is watched more by adults and older teens

So you're saying LEGO The Walking Dead confirmed!? :laugh_hard:

But seriously I hadn't thought that TWD was watched by a younger audience but it is. Maybe a TWD theme in the next few years wouldn't be such a crazy idea. The only difference is that TWD's viewership is going way down while ST is still in its prime.

More likely TV show themes are the DC TV shows like Arrow, Flash, Gotham etc. Maybe Netflix's Umbrella Academy?

1 hour ago, legoSDR said:

But seriously I hadn't thought that TWD was watched by a younger audience but it is. Maybe a TWD theme in the next few years wouldn't be such a crazy idea. The only difference is that TWD's viewership is going way down while ST is still in its prime.

Walking Dead has a very young fanbase, maybe even younger than ST, it's also very tame when it comes to sex and language, it's just a bit gory. I honestly despise the show myself but I know there are loads of fans all around the world. It's of course not in it's prime anymore like ST but neither is OW and that got a whole wave with tons of new molds and a second wave set to hit store shelves this summer 

Edited by Puresh

38 minutes ago, Puresh said:

Walking Dead has a very young fanbase, maybe even younger than ST, it's also not too bad sex and language wise, just a bit gory. I honestly despise the show myself but I know there are loads of fans around the world. It's of course not in it's prime anymore like ST but neither is OW and that got a whole wave with tons of new molds and a second wave set to hit store shelves this summer 

True OW wasn't in its prime when the sets released, but it was in its prime when they started trying to get the licensing for it

Anything mature that LEGO might introduce would probably need to be in its prime now or in the last two years. Or of course be iconic enough so that its release date/prime doesn't matter (for example the Friends ideas set)

I wouldn't be surprised to see something related to Brooklyn Nine-Nine in the near future. 

Also I imagine the criteria is quite strict, so the potential theme would need to have some sort of iconic value or potential for play features. Even though shows like Riverdale and Sabrina are really popular, I doubt we'd get sets for them because there's no playability and nothing iconic about much of the scenery.

Things like The Office, Agents of Shield or Umbrella Academy have a big enough following and potential appeal to be considered

Edited by legoSDR

2 hours ago, legoSDR said:

Things like The Office, Agents of Shield or Umbrella Academy have a big enough following and potential appeal to be considered

True, the office is in review for lego ideas

15 minutes ago, LostKnight said:

True, the office is in review for lego ideas

didn't know that, that's exciting!

Next Teaser from LEGO. I can’t wait! :excited:

Interesting to note that each teaser has only been revealed/ posted exclusively to one of LEGO’s social medias. The first Facebook, the second Twitter, and this one Instagram.

Edited by Foxes Productionz

If Lego ever magically makes another Stranger things set, I would love for it to be Hawkin’s Lab with:

Dr. Owens, Hopper, Jonathen, Nancy, Steve, Max, Punk El, Bob, Joyce, and 2x demodogs (similar to corellia hound)

It would also include Jomathen’s car.

9 hours ago, Puresh said:

I think there's definitely enough characters that won't be featured on the set to make a CMF.

Steve, Nancy, Jonathan, Barb, Mr Clark, Brenner, Billy, Max, Karen, punk Eleven, Kali, Bob, the boys in their Ghostbusters costumes.

Edited by HarryPotter